The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

They have chosen a good set of godparents. And I am sure that Princess Leonore and Prince Nicolas will play with Princess Estelle during the christening.

If we will see Prince Oscar at the christening of Prince Alexander?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Perhaps the person who pasted the photo is opposed to the change in the order of succession and sees Alexander as the proper monarch.

I don't think that there is one person, today, that is opposed to Victoria, being the heir.
The change in order took place in 1980, so nearly 40 years ago

Old 05-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
I don't think that there is one person, today, that is opposed to Victoria, being the heir.
Agree. I just think the posting of the wrong picture was common sloppy and lazy newspaper editors. It seems to be the same all over the world lately. Spelling errors, incorrect names under photos and quasi scandals made-up over nothing.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
I agree as well. I was just brainstorming an answer to the question
Old 05-26-2016, 10:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
The godparents have been announced:

Faddrar till Prins Oscar - Sveriges Kungahus

H.K.H. Kronprins Frederik
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Mette-Marit
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine
Herr Oscar Magnuson
Herr Hans Åström
I am disappointed that Guillaume hasn't been chosen as a godparent, I am not terribily excited about Mette-Marit as a godmother either, but I guess ithe chosen list is OK.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Again, what motive should SVT have for deliberately posting the wrong picture?
in my opinion it was just a mistake - unrelated to succession complaints and issues.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Looks like a nice guest list though i am a bit surprised that there aren't more personal friends of Victoria and Daniel on the list.
Nice to see that almost everyone of Daniels close relatives will be there.

A positive surprise to see Leonore and Nicolas at the list. I didn't expected them after what Queen Silvia recently told.
They seems to be very lively children but hey, anyone who is disturbed by lively children should not attend cheistenings. As the priests in my parish usually tell families : Children who are laughing, screaming, crying, running around etc is just a sign of new life, that life continues. And that's what the christening is all about, that life never stops as long as God wants it to continue and that we are all carried by God through our lives.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Looks like a nice guest list though i am a bit surprised that there aren't more personal friends of Victoria and Daniel on the list.
I don't think this list includes personal friends. Court staff is also omitted. So there will probably be plenty of people atteding that are not on the list.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Prince Oscar's Coat of Arms and monogram
Prins Oscars*vapensköld och monogram - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The guest list. Leonore and Nicolas are on the list, and princesses Margaretha and Christina of the king's sisters. The friends of Victoria and Daniel aren't listed.
Gästlista till Prins Oscars dop - Sveriges Kungahus
The prince's coat of arms is ringed by the Collar (Chain) of the Order of the Seraphim, a mark of special distinction, which is included in the coat of arms of his cousin Prince Nicolas but not those of Princess Estelle, Princess Leonore, or Prince Daniel.

Why is the ambassador of the Dominican Republic on the guest list?
Old 05-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

looking forward to the christening
Old 05-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is the confirmation from the Danish Royal Court that Crown Prince Frederik is godfather of Prince Oscar:

Kronprinsparrets deltagelse ved barnedåb for H.K.H. Prins Oscar | Kongehuset
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely list of godparents, no big surprises! I actually like that between Estelle and Oscar they have used the other Scandinavian Crown Princely couples.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Why is the ambassador of the Dominican Republic on the guest list?
The ambassador of the Dominican Republic is the Doyen of the Diplomatic Corps in Stockholm. She serves as a link between the diplomatic community and the Protocol for concerns regarding the whole community. She will represent the Diplomatic Corps on official occasions. The Doyen also serves as an informal guide for new Ambassadors to Stockholm.
New Doyen of the Diplomatic Corps - Government.se

I'm sure that we will see a lot of Victoria's and Daniel's friends and the staff of the court although they are not mentioned at the guest list. They weren't at Estelle's guest list either and still we saw a lot of friends at the christening.

There will be prince Fredrik Adolf's crown at the altar and prince Oscar will get the Order of the Seraphim. This is the first time prince Fredrik Adolf's crown is used at the royal ceremonies in modern time.
Krona och Serafimerorden - Sveriges Kungahus

At Estelle's christening there was prince Oscar's crown, Leonore's princess Eugénie's crown and Nicolas's princess Hedvig Elisabeth Charlotta's crown.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
They have chosen a good set of godparents. And I am sure that Princess Leonore and Prince Nicolas will play with Princess Estelle during the christening.

If we will see Prince Oscar at the christening of Prince Alexander?
I would be shocked if she did. Taking a likely 4 month old to a christening seems very unlikely. Nicolas is a bit young at 11 months, though Estelle was the same age at Madeleine's wedding.

With Estelle and her two cousins it should be quite lively event.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
The prince's coat of arms is ringed by the Collar (Chain) of the Order of the Seraphim, a mark of special distinction, which is included in the coat of arms of his cousin Prince Nicolas but not those of Princess Estelle, Princess Leonore, or Prince Daniel.
Prince Daniel have also the chain in his coat of arms.
For Princess'es it is the blue sash instead.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I would be shocked if she did. Taking a likely 4 month old to a christening seems very unlikely. Nicolas is a bit young at 11 months, though Estelle was the same age at Madeleine's wedding.
Estelle was over 15 months old at Madeleine's wedding.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't mean the exact same age. I meant generally around the 1 year mark. My point being that a 4 month old (Oscar if the christening is in July) is a major difference then a child around 1.

At Nicolas' age, it really depends on the child. Look at Estelle at Madeleine's wedding vs Leonor at CP's wedding. We will have to see how Nicolas handles the christening. But taking a small infant, one who is still mainly in the sleep and nurse stage, to a long christening makes little sense. I was surprised to see him at the balcony, and that was shorter.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Commoner

I am very happy for Crown Princess Mette-Marit!
Based on pictures/videos from past couple of years - Crown Princess Victoria seems to have gotten quite close to her. They are very fond of each other.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Prince Daniel have also the chain in his coat of arms.
It does not appear in the official design, nor was it mentioned in the announcements about Prince Daniel's coat of arms and the awarding of the Order of the Seraphim.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Swedish Monarchy, Swedish Royal Coat of Arms: Crown Princess Family...