The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

More on Frederik and Mary attending the baptism.
Kronprinsparrets deltagelse ved barnedåb for H.K.H. Prins Oscar | Kongehuset

they will also be attending the reception and lunch at the Royal Palace

Old 05-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Andrea Brodin's sneak peek of her christening outfit at her blog
Dopförberedelser* - Metro Mode

Also in Finland many are excited about the christening. Confectioner Harri Mäkelä at Bakery Keisari (Emperor) has made a pastry for Oscar. The Prince Oscar pastry is sold only on 26-27th May in the bakery's ten shops in the capital area. The pastry has thin chocolate base, white chocolate mousse with blueberries inside and to crown it all - a gold crown.
Prins Oscar fick egen bakelse i Finland

Old 05-26-2016, 01:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No, I read your post. I just disagree. If it were a picture of just the baby, I'd agree. Mistaking one newborn for another is simple. But mistaking Carl Philip for his sister Pretty damn sure its easy to guess if Sofia and CP are holding the baby is Alex, if Victoria and Daniel are, its Oscar.

But we will just have to agree to disagree that journalists should actually be held to standards. So have a good day.
Why are they called Vic or Dan and now also Alex?
Not sure at all that those are official nicknames
Old 05-26-2016, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

People use nicknames for royals all the time. I don't understand why it causes hysterics on this board. Is there some confusion over who Alex refers to Its not like I am calling them some of the derogatory terms you get on other boards. If you are bothered by Alex, hopefully you never venture to royaldish. You will really be upset.

Last I looked there was not a rule about having to use officially sanctioned nicknames. By all means if that changes, I will add the last few letters
Old 05-26-2016, 02:44 AM
Courtier

Well, the Norwegian Court finally corrected their calendar.
CP Mette-Marit and CP Haakon are attending the christening. Only King Harald is attending the council meeting on Friday.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent

One more day. Excited to hear godparents, and see pics of Oscar with both his parents at the christening
Old 05-26-2016, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's former piano teacher Ingemar Thorell has previously composed a wedding march to Crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel and a lullaby to princess Estelle. He told in March that he is going to compose a christening song to prince Oscar.

Now Thorell's christening song is ready and "Med vatten och ord" was performed for the first time yesterday at Sveriges Radio P4 Väst. Daniel Hemberg has written the text, Sofia Geidvik sings and Lars Mattsson plays the guitar.
Listen to the song here
Premiär_ Så låter prins Oscars dopvisa - P4 Väst _ Sveriges Radio
Old 05-26-2016, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
People use nicknames for royals all the time. I don't understand why it causes hysterics on this board. Is there some confusion over who Alex refers to Its not like I am calling them some of the derogatory terms you get on other boards. If you are bothered by Alex, hopefully you never venture to royaldish. You will really be upset.

Last I looked there was not a rule about having to use officially sanctioned nicknames. By all means if that changes, I will add the last few letters
No I am not upset about calling people by their nicknames, if they really have one
I wonder about using a nickname for people you don't know personally.
I tend to ask the nickname users: How was breakfast with Vic and Dan?
As if you know them personally.
Royal Dish is rather funny, but I don't take them too serious
Old 05-26-2016, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess it is just me you have issues with

If you don't have an issue with nicknames, calling someone out for it, seems juvenile at best.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:01 AM
Serene Highness

No I don't have issues with you.

I don't have issues with friends of royalty using royalty nicknames
I wonder about people using nicknames without knowing royalty personally

I am not shocked about Royal Dish because I don't take them serious
Anyway your post is taken serious.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

The godparents have been announced:

Faddrar till Prins Oscar - Sveriges Kungahus

H.K.H. Kronprins Frederik
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Mette-Marit
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine
Herr Oscar Magnuson
Herr Hans Åström
Old 05-26-2016, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Do we know who Hans Åström is?
Old 05-26-2016, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Do we know who Hans Åström is?
Like I wrote already to the godparents-thread, Hans Åström is Daniel's cousin.
Hans Åström is a famous former swedish bandy player. Three gold medals at World Championships, two national championships, Man of the Year in the Swedish bandy 1998, Swedish top scorer in 1997 and top scorer in World Championships 1999. Bollnäs fans called Åström His Majesty.
Hans Åström
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/30/...x9/1560@80.jpg
http://images.mmcloud.se/api/v1/imag...d666aee01fc029

Daniel meeting the swedish National Team of Bandy U23-World Championships in 2013, Hans Åström stands beside him.
http://iof1.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...nf-r_VM_01.jpg

The Bandy King becomes Godfather to the Prince
Bandykung blir prinsfadder _ SVT Nyheter
Old 05-26-2016, 06:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:

As as swede, it's a bit confusing when people use nicknames here that aren't used anywhere else. I'm not saying that it's not allowed, just that it's confusing.

The most common nicknames in Sweden for other people who are called Victoria and Daniel would be Vickan/Vicky and Danne. Alexander would be Alex, so that one isn't as strange. I've never seen or heard anyone in Sweden call them Vic and/or Dan.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Like I wrote already to the godparents-thread, Hans Åström is Daniel's cousin.
Hans Åström is a famous former swedish bandy player. Three gold medals at World Championships, two national championships, Man of the Year in the Swedish bandy 1998, Swedish top scorer in 1997 and top scorer in World Championships 1999. Bollnäs fans called Åström His Majesty.
Hans Åström
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/30/...x9/1560@80.jpg
http://images.mmcloud.se/api/v1/imag...d666aee01fc029

Daniel meeting the swedish National Team of Bandy U23-World Championships in 2013, Hans Åström stands beside him.
http://iof1.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...nf-r_VM_01.jpg

The Bandy King becomes Godfather to the Prince
Bandykung blir prinsfadder _ SVT Nyheter
Thanks for the info! Hans Åström was perhaps the least expected name of the bunch. I didn't know that he and prince Daniel were friends, but there you go

For non swedish speaking people, I can add that they are playing with words here. "Hans majestät" equals "His majesty". But the word "hans" is also a swedish, quite common, name. So Hans Åström being called Hans Majestät is even more fun in swedish.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Thanks for the info! Hans Åström was perhaps the least expected name of the bunch. I didn't know that he and prince Daniel were friends, but there you go
It's obvious that Hans and Daniel and Victoria are very close. Hela Hälsingland newspaper interviewed Daniel's relatives when Oscar was born:
- It's great for them and the main thing is that it went well. I'm delighted with them in every way, says Hans Åström
Have you talked with Prince Daniel after birth?
- I have no such comments. I keep our relationship to myself.
Yes, I understand that you are tight.
- We're cousins and we are pretty tight all the cousins in the family.
Then it's no use to ask how you heard the news?
- No, says Åström, laughing.
At the press conference at Karolinska Hospital, Prince Daniel took the points with his spontaneous and emotional way of representing the birth.
- He is skilled and performs well, Åström says.
Asked if Åström, who is himself a father of two, can give Prince Daniel some valuable tips he answers:
- No, he can handle it well himself.
Bandystjärnan om nyfödde prinsen_ _Gläds med dem på alla sätt_
Old 05-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Delighted for Mette-Marit !
Old 05-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Oscar's Coat of Arms and monogram
Prins Oscars*vapensköld och monogram - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The guest list. Leonore and Nicolas are on the list, and princesses Margaretha and Christina of the king's sisters. The friends of Victoria and Daniel aren't listed.
Gästlista till Prins Oscars dop - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 05-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, the kids are on the list as well so I expect to see both Leonore and Nicolas tomorrow.... From what I got by the queen, it didn't feel like the would be present.... lovely!
Old 05-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Again, what motive should SVT have for deliberately posting the wrong picture?
Perhaps the person who pasted the photo is opposed to the change in the order of succession and sees Alexander as the proper future monarch.