The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Can someone call the norwegian court to tell them that the christening is to May 27th?

Old 05-20-2016, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

How neat, the SRF holds two christenings for Oscar so Haakon and Mette-Marit can make it! That must make MM a shoo-in godmother

Old 05-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Could the information at the website of the norwegian royal court mean that Victoria and Daniel are hosting a dinner to their closest and the royal guests on 26th May and Haakon and Mette-Marit are attending to that?
Old 05-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

That could be but I'm inclined to believe it's just a typo as it says "The Crown Prince and Crown Princess are attending Prince Oscar's christening" – not a dinner but the actual christening.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

well the Norwegian court has made it interesting.
MM has an event the 26, Haakon is listed as attending the state council on the 27 with the king.
and they are both listed as attending the baptism a day early
Old 05-20-2016, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal House of Norway - Official engagements

And now is no longer in the official agenda!! I think soon we have correction!! What a mistake is that? And now the question They are in the christening or not?
Old 05-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not reading anything into the couples attending. Victoria attended the baptism of both Isabella and Sverre Magnus even though not godmother. Her, Fred and Haakon are so close, it is not odd that they would attend such events even if not involved
Old 05-21-2016, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yesterday was the last day for municipalities, companies and people to pay to the christening present of Skåne, The Prince Oscar's Nature Playground - if they wanted to have their name on the board that Oscar will get on his christening day.
Governor Margareta Pålsson told:
- Now we've got 870 500 SEK. A natural playground where all children can play will be built. And there will be nothing gilded, but everything is built of natural materials.
Sista dagen för den skånska dopgåvan till prins Oscar - P4 Malmöhus _ Sveriges Radio
Translation

Giant gift for Prince Oscar's christening
Clearly Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne, shall have a huge spettkaka to his christening. To make it took 12 hours and required 800 eggs, 20 kg of sugar and the same amount of potato flour.
Next week Prince Oscar will be christened. Just in time for that baker Jörgen Vollmer brings the giant cake to the capital.
- It is baked to the christening. But the cake will not be taken to the Palace. It will stand at the NK department store so that people can see it, Vollmer says.
The cake measures approximately two meters and the production took a total of twelve hours.
- Baking took ten hours. We baked it in one piece. But we have the right-sized ovens so it went well.
Vollmer had both his wife and mother to help him. But it is not a record cake.
- It's the biggest I've done. But it is not a world record. The bakery's former owner, my wife's uncle has the world record, he baked a cake that was almost four meters high. It is still at the Guinness Book of Records.
The transportation trip starts on Sunday and includes an overnight stay.
- I have built a special cradle where the cake is set during the car ride. So it will survive.
Vollmer has plenty of experience.
- Yes, I have a little routine. Genuine spettkakor may only be baked in Skåne. So I transport them to other places.
Jättepresenten till prins Oscars dop _ Kvällsposten

About "Spettkaka/spettekaka"
Spettekaka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Victoria gets a spettkaka (a smaller one) every year on her birthday at the Solliden Palace courtyard as a present.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's interesting that the Norwegian court hasn't just changed the date of the calendar entry instead of deleting it entirely. Regardless, since it was posted (albeit under the wrong date), I think we can count on Haakon and Mette-Marit attending.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Nobility

Counting down to Oscar's christening.

He's having a regional dessert made in his honor, royal guests coming (it's still up in the air for Haakon & MM? And are W-A & Maxima coming?)

Can't wait for the godparents' list - and to see Oscar's monogram and coat of arms.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

There is nothing on the Dutch calendar. Unlike Fred and Haakon, I don't think the Dutch couple close enough to Victoria to attend if not godparents.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now the norwegian court has put the christening again to the calendar on the right day 27th May and tell that Haakon and Mette-Marit will attend - but there reads still that Haakon should be with the king at the Royal Palace in Oslo at 11.00 when the christening is in Stockholm at 12.00.
The Royal House of Norway - Official engagements
Old 05-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Nobility

I stumbled across this image about SVT promoting its broadcast of the christening & I couldn't believe it:

https://65.media.tumblr.com/9bf2d069...2s1fo1_540.jpg

How could SVT make such a blatant mistake and put the wrong royal couple on there? It's Oscar's christening, not Alexander's. And if it's intentional I think it's insulting to the Crown Princess couple.

EDIT: I checked SVT's website (SVT.SE) just to see if this is a social media stunt. Nope, it's not.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Courtier

So embarrassing!

ETA: maybe the employee doesn't follow royalty? Another reminder to always double (and sometimes triple) check your work.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry, even if you are not a big royal fan, if you work for a Swedish news network, how do you not know what CP Victoria looks like I mean that has to such a stupid mistake, don't know how it got passed anyone.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Christening of Prince Oscar: May 27, 2016

Oh dear, that's an embarrassing mistake - hopefully it will be corrected.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-21-2016, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
How could SVT make such a blatant mistake and put the wrong royal couple on there? It's Oscar's christening, not Alexander's. And if it's intentional I think it's insulting to the Crown Princess couple..
What makes you think it was done deliberately? It's most likely an honest mistake by an employee who doesn't follow royalty as closely as we do. Can we please not turn this into yet another smear campaign?

Old 05-21-2016, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Nobody said it was deliberate just IDIOTIC. I am sorry, but if you work for the Swedish news agency, you should know public figures like the CP and her husband. If you don't, I am sure it would take 3 seconds to google it or ask someone. How embarrassing. We're not talking some foreign magazine or blog.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Nobility

For a story or an announcement to be published it still has to go through another person for final approval before release. So at least two people made a blatant mistake. SVT needs to correct it and issue an apology for the misprint.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

What exactly do you want them to apologise for? Accidentally putting up the wrong picture? If news agencies had to apologise for trifles like this, they would hardly be doing anything else – these things happen all the time. Sloppy, sure, but hardly the end of the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Nobody said it was deliberate just IDIOTIC. I am sorry, but if you work for the Swedish news agency, you should know public figures like the CP and her husband. If you don't, I am sure it would take 3 seconds to google it or ask someone. How embarrassing. We're not talking some foreign magazine or blog.
Actually, Madame Verseau insinuated it could have been done intentionally hence my inquiry I highly doubt this is a matter of someone not knowing who's who in the royal family but more a question of them simply inserting the wrong picture on a page that little to no people have any intention to visit yet. Is that embarrassing? I don't know, I suppose that depends on the person – doesn't get me riled up. But rest assured, I have no doubt in my mind it will be changed before the christening