The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2016, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Love the DM's constant inability to fact check. Hans Astrom and Oscar Magnuson:

Okay maybe I can believe Hans can be an easy slip but Oscar???? Um how often does the DM report on Princess Christina MAGNUSON???? I am pretty sure Oscar is more than a 'friend'of the king.
They called Victoria Mary. You have too high expectations of the DM :P

Old 05-31-2016, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The new photos from the christening are beautiful. I adore the ones of Estelle and Leonore, they are too cute for words. I'm happy that we got to see official photos of them together now. I hope to see photos of all the children together like this in the near future! I think my favourite is the one of the two of them laughing, but the other one is just as charming, too.

Even if they are airbrushed, I still like the official photos from the christening a lot, my favourite being the one with just Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Oscar. They are such a lovely little family; and probably my favourite CP family.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-31-2016, 08:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandilka View Post
What a ceremony! Oscar is so unbelievable pretty. These cherry eyes
And again, I found Leonore to be the secret main attraction. A busy little lady Liked so much how she was fighting not to miss a yot, how she stretched out to see what happened in the height, and how Victoria then took her up to show her the ceremony. My favourite scene of the whole event!

And then Nicolas with his tooth brush
I agree Leonore was a very cute and a 'busy' little girl.

Did Leonore fall backwards from her chair?
Did the chair tilt over?
Why did she and her mother sit on the opposite side of Nicolas?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2016, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Seating: The front row on the right is for the royal family and their royal guests. Chris may have no title, but he seated with his in laws. The front row on the left is for godparents. It seems to have been decided since both Leonor and Nicolas came, to divide and conquer, and she sat with mom.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Madeleine was a godparent and sat with the other godparents
Old 05-31-2016, 10:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Did Leonore fall backwards from her chair?
Did the chair tilt over?
I reckon she was climbing on the chair in an attempt to get a better view of the Hovsångerska (Court Singer), Elin Rombo, during one of the hymns and her little chair tilted.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Deed of Gift of the Prince Oscar Nature Playground, the christening gift of the County of Skåne.
Gåvobeviset till prins Oscar överlämnas på dopet i dag - Länsstyrelsen Skåne
Translation

Covers of german magazines
https://www.united-kiosk.de/die+aktu...r_2111542.html
https://www.united-kiosk.de/Frau+im+...r_2000547.html
Old 06-01-2016, 02:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
And here are photos of Oscar's spettkaka at NK department store:
Små pärlor_ Spettekaka till prinsdopet
Wow, that's huge! How long will the spettekaka be on display? Will it get eaten?
Old 06-01-2016, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Wow, that's huge! How long will the spettekaka be on display? Will it get eaten?
I haven't seen any info about how long it will be on display. It was brought to NK on Tuesday 24th. I would have thought that they would have taken it away after last weekend since the christening was on Friday. No info either about if the cake will be eaten.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is the speech of the Archbishop:

https://www.svenskakyrkan.se/default.aspx?id=1471412
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Covers
Point de Vue
https://www.united-kiosk.de/coverg/P..._910230815.jpg
The terribly photoshopped cover of Svensk Damtidning
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...23-700x952.jpg
Bunte
https://www.united-kiosk.de/coverg/B...16_2000155.jpg
Old 06-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning tells about the christening:
Victoria and Daniel hosted a family dinner to the godparents on Thursday evening at Haga Palace. And Svensk Damtidning thinks that it might had gone late, Frederik looked tired on Friday.

After the christening and reception it was time for the private lunch the king and queen hosted. There were 170 people, royals, relatives and personal friends. The lunch was served at Vita Havet. There were many round tables for 8 people at a table and this time there wasn't any Table of honor, but at the tables there was a mix of Bernadottes, Westlings and Victoria's and Daniel's close friends. The court florist had decorated the room with lilacs like at the Chapel. The highlight of the lunch was Victoria’s speech. One of the guests tells that Victoria told how wonderful everything was with little Oscar. And she praised also big sister Estelle.
The children were at the lunch at the beginning, and sat with their parents, but left soon with their nannies – the lunch lasted three hours. Coffee was served with the Nobel crockery and at 17.30 the guests left the Royal Palace.

Emma Magnuson, wife of Oscar Magnuson, told to Svensk Damtidning that prince Oscar is very kind and happy like her parents and big sister.
Oscar Magnuson is only a few weeks older than Victoria and he and Victoria are very close, Oscar told to Svensk Damtidning. He said that because he grew up with Victoria and has a good relationship with the crown princess couple it feels fun and honorable to get a guiding role in prince Oscar’s life.

Svensk Damtidning chose the christening present to Oscar keeping in mind how it was told that Estelle wanted a hamster. They sent to Oscar to the Royal Palace a blue hamster Babygro, a couple of pacifiers with a hamster and a hamster bib.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Commoner

When SVT used Prince Alexander’s picture when announcing Prince Oscar’s christening, there were varied opinions here, and questions as to whether or not it was a genuine or intentional mistake.
But, as you can see from the link below, when reporting on Princess Leonora and family’s today’s visit to Gotland, the Daily Mail wrongly referred to her as Princess Estelle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3624178/Princess-Leonore-Sweden-meets-horse-Gotland.html
The Print Media do not do enough proofreading or fact-checking before going to Print/Press. IMO, there is no conspiracy theory at Daily Mail or there at SVT just incompetence.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree completely. SVT accidentally using a photo of Alexander instead of Oscar unfortunately isn't an unusual occurrence in the media, it happens very often here in Denmark too, and I don't understand why people felt the need to paint it as some sort of statement.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a difference between a foreign tabloid mixing up names, and the National news mixing up photos of the heir to the throne and her brother.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oscar's certificate of christening
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGKC5SZkcia/
Old 06-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Majesty

I thought it might interest some of you to see the foreign coverage of the baptism, so here is last weeks issue of Billed Bladet.
You'll find the christening somewhere in this folder: https://app.box.com/s/amio2mblkjgzk7cuj5e5vyyrcej41ric
Old 06-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
They called Victoria Mary. You have too high expectations of the DM :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
When SVT used Prince Alexander’s picture when announcing Prince Oscar’s christening, there were varied opinions here, and questions as to whether or not it was a genuine or intentional mistake.
But, as you can see from the link below, when reporting on Princess Leonora and family’s today’s visit to Gotland, the Daily Mail wrongly referred to her as Princess Estelle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3624178/Princess-Leonore-Sweden-meets-horse-Gotland.html
The Print Media do not do enough proofreading or fact-checking before going to Print/Press. IMO, there is no conspiracy theory at Daily Mail or there at SVT just incompetence.
DM is not alone in confusing Oscar & Alexander. Now Instyle has done it -The last paragraph - CP.Victoria holding P.Alexander while he puts his hands in his mouth (paraphrasing).
Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip Celebrate National Sweden Day with Prince Alexander | InStyle.com
Old 06-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

PRINCE OSCAR CHRISTENING | Selda Göktaş