Children for Victoria and Daniel?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are heir to the throne, general rules and recommendations are rather different. I think Victoria will wish/need to have her children as soon as possible if she is going to be able to give them all the personal attention she might want to. A Crown Princess is very busy with public duties, but it is nothing to the work load and obligations of a Monarch.

Queen Elizabeth II came to the throne when she was only 25. Prince Charles was only 3 and Anne one and a half when she acceeded and they did not see so much of their mother after that. I believe it was also the case with Margarete II of Denmark and her sons.

Therefore, it will be wise for Victoria and Daniel to have children as soon as possible. They have, of course, known each other for some 7 years or so, and Victoria has been a CP almost all her life and knows the ups and down and ins and outs of that already. Although King Carl Gustav is quite young and the Swedes life expectancy is high, you just never know when a bad accident or illness will come.

Oh, in this case I think Bojan is a real option! They seem to have a very popular taste, considering the song at the end of the wedding ceremony!

Oh, in this case I think Bojan is a real option! They seem to have a very popular taste, considering the song at the end of the wedding ceremony!

Victoria said at an interview before the wedding, that she likes to keep up with the traditions, e.g. in her wedding bouquet and other things regarding the wedding.
According to Jörgen Elofsson, who made the song, Daniel ordered the song, he wanted to tell with the song about his love to Victoria. Elofsson performed it to Victoria and Daniel last October. They liked it and decided that they would have it at their wedding.
Btw. King Carl Gustaf supports also AIK.

I myself did not like the song. I did not like the voice of the male singer. The text was very appropriate, knowing Daniel's ideas were put in it, but I rather had the Love song (Karleksvisan) by Sarah Dawn Filer, from the night before, during the church ceremony. I do love the Vilar glad i din famn, that is really a beautiful story and it was obvious the couple both had problems holding back their tears.

Vilar glad i din famn is a wonderful song! The other one is ok as well, but it surprised me in such a traditional setting. One would have expected something by Händel another classical composer, but it seems to be allright to be more popular in sweden, and why not? It would not have been my choice though.

I'm just taking a guess here, but names for their first child:

Girl:
Kristina Alice Silvia Ava Ingrid

Boy:
Carl Gustaf Daniel Johan Olle

I have always liked the name Daniel. If the royal couple had a son, this would be a nice first name. It sounds royal.

Since male heirs to the throne have named their sons after them, why couldn't a female heir to a throne name her daughter after her. Victoria Silva sounds nice.

Whenever I hear the name Adolph, I think of Adolph Hilter. I grew up near a naval base that had a lot of World War II veterans living nearby. Many of my classmates had fathers that fought against Adolph Hilter in Europe. Two family members of mine also did. World War II was talked about a lot as it was in American History classes.
Because of what Adolph Hilter did, the name Adolph will always be seen in a negative light. I take it Adolph was not a common name. I hope that I haven't offended anyone by saying this (this was not my intention), but this is my opinion of that name.

Girl:

Boy:

I think it's tradition in the Swedish Royal family to have 4 names so that may be one too many? I think Bertil may be a potential name for a son, firstborn or not.

Is it? The King's father had six names, as did his grandfather Gustaf VI.

Oh, really? I'm sure I heard that somewhere...

Girl:

Boy:

Ava? I don't think so. Kristina Alice Silvia Ingrid is however possible, although I think Lilian will pop up somewhere in the girls name.

I hope that when they go for "Carl something" combo, they'll go with Carl Johan and not Carl Gustaf, even for royalty it sounds so oldfashioned.

nascarlucy, Adolph/Adolf was a common name before WW2.

Has anyone thought the possibility that Victoria wouldn't get babies? That would be so sad for many reasons, especially because it's so clear how much she wants to be a mother.

What would happen if crown princess' first child would be - twins? :)
Is the one who was born one or two minutes before the other going to be the heir apparent? :D

Unfortunally many people understands that there is a risk they cant get children. Men with kidneytransplants often loose their ability to make babies. I do think that they spent the last year examine Daniels ability to make babies(The doctors off course).

If the first pregnancy gives twins then the one first out is the heir apperent. Herman Lindqvist, historian, answered quite a few of such questions in the runup to the wedding.

If Victoria and Daniel cant get pregnant the normal way there is always the IV-way or adoption, but those children are excluded from the succession.

But we have to have faith, Victoria wasnt concived after all on her parents wedding night but a few months later. My parents didnt get me, their firstborn until 4 years after the wedding.

Why should men with kidney or other transplants loose their ability to have children? Since the operation was done after it was clear that they will marry, it would always have been a possibility to wait with the transplant and have him on dialysis until the child would have been sired. And of course, he could have had sperm frozen. Cortison has no effect on the quality of the sperm, but it will make his hair thin out and is resposible for the different look he has, compared with a few years ago, due to a certain bloating of the face.

How about with accepting the possibilty they might not get children? I remember the Belgian former king and queen were not able to get children. I think Victoria would love him enough in order to take that risk.

As for his appearance. I think he looks much better than with the engagement announcement. Less puffy. He should not put all that gel on his hair, he needs to treat if with care if he wants to keep it in good condition. He is good-looking and prince-profilic enough to leave that whole tube of gel out.

Men with kidneytransplants often loose their ability to make babies
Marital status and fertility of 185 male renal tra... [J Androl. 2008 Nov-Dec] - PubMed result

Why should men with kidney or other transplants loose their ability to have children? Since the operation was done after it was clear that they will marry, it would always have been a possibility to wait with the transplant and have him on dialysis until the child would have been sired. And of course, he could have had sperm frozen. Cortison has no effect on the quality of the sperm, but it will make his hair thin out and is resposible for the different look he has, compared with a few years ago, due to a certain bloating of the face.

On dialysis most men are infertile. But most regain fertility after transplantation. This is of course dependent from certain factors (like age, very old men with a long medical history might have problems or men, who were suffering from uraemia during adolescence)

How about with accepting the possibilty they might not get children?
Well, this possibility is always there. Also for couples, who have no medical story. It´s these days actually rare, that you find/have a reason for male infertility
Since Queen Fabiola was obviously several times getting pregnant and made it even once to the 5th (?) month, I can´t help thinking, that her chances for a healthy mature born baby would have been very big, if she would have been born 40 years later. :sad:

If Victoria doesn't have children, does the throne go to Madeleine?

No, it's Prince Carl Philip (or his children) who may become King if Victoria don't have children.

Oh yeah for some reason I thought Madeleine was the next.
Well well, then we would have a Queen Sofia. ;)

Oh yeah for some reason I thought Madeleine was the next.
Well well, then we would have a Queen Sofia. ;)

Even though Victoria wouldn´t have children, she could live longer than Carl Philip. So no Queen S.

Even though Victoria wouldn´t have children, she could live longer than Carl Philip. So no Queen S.

She could, but then the throne would have to go to either him or his children, if he had no kids then it would go to Maddie?

If Carl Philip had no kids either, then yes, Madeleine would get the throne .

Ewwww why are we talking about freezing Prince Daniel's swimmers? Let's give them a few years before we discuss fertility issues, yes?

I agree with PrincessAurora, they have not even been married two months and yet all people are carrying on about is fertility issues of Victoria and Daniel and when Victoria will fall pregnant. Give the poor couple a break.

This thread was started before they were even married.

I'm as guilty as the next person on this thread for wanting a beautiful new mini Victoria (or Daniel) but the sperm discussion is premature... pardon the pun. HA ;)

Ava? I don't think so. Kristina Alice Silvia Ingrid is however possible, although I think Lilian will pop up somewhere in the girls name.

Why not Ava? It would be the name of the child's paternal grandmother - Ava Westling. It would make sense to give names in honour of the grandparents - the royals love to do that. For example, Princess Isabella of Denmark, her full name is Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe. Henrietta was the name of her late maternal grandmother, and Margrethe, obviously, is for her paternal grandmother. I imagine the Swedes would do the same, especially Victoria and Daniel seeing as how they're both very close to their families.

Why not Ava? It would be the name of the child's paternal grandmother - Ava Westling. It would make sense to give names in honour of the grandparents - the royals love to do that. For example, Princess Isabella of Denmark, her full name is Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe. Henrietta was the name of her late maternal grandmother, and Margrethe, obviously, is for her paternal grandmother. I imagine the Swedes would do the same, especially Victoria and Daniel seeing as how they're both very close to their families.

Daniel's mother's name isn't Ava, it's Ewa.

Ohh...oops. Misspelled then. It's pronounced like 'Ava' though, isn't it?

So Victoria & Daniel's daughter could be Kristina Alice Ingrid Slivia Ewa

In Swedish "Ewa" is pronounced Ewa....;) the "E" sounds like the "e" in "elephant" or "end" ... and I guess thats what you try to say here :)... (but in Swedish Ava is pronounced with an "A" sounding like the "a" in "Silvia" :lol:)

So Victoria & Daniel's daughter could be Kristina Alice Ingrid Slivia Ewa

I'm hoping that their first child is a girl.

"Christina Silvia Alice Ewa Lilian Victoria" maybe throw in "Daniela" as well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom