Children for Victoria and Daniel?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were 33, I would be already worried that if I don't start trying already, I'll never have a baby. In fact I'm 28 and I already have this worry. So I think Victoria and Daniel will try to get a baby as soon as possible. But when will they succeed - it's another story. Early 2012?

What do you think - will Victoria's and Daniel's child be also Bernadotte? Usually the last name is coming from the father's side. Can they still be called Bernadotte family?

I'd go for late 2011, but Lola, what do you mean by that?.. (e.g. Victoria´s outburst at the spontaneous shooting with Aftonbladet at New year) they can´t wait and they surely didn´t get this advice by anyone in their surroundings.

Victoria was saying, that she had always longed for children

– Jag har alltid längtat efter barn | Victoria gifter sig | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Not once have I heard them say in interviews that they hope they will have children and hope it will happen to them.
Well, Daniel said, that he does want several children, but that this is nothing, one can not always control

There is no rush for an heir. Right?
No, but if you want several children, it´s high time to start at once.

Personally I am convinced they will start at once (if they didn´t already), and if they get the stone rolling (and I hope they do...because there are so many, who are esp. doubtful about Daniel´s fertility), they will do a "Beatrix".
Children fast after the wedding, no big gaps between them.

Would be also wise related to the drugs, Daniel is taking. Some need to get paused, if you want children, but just these drugs don´t attack the kidneys and/or reduce the chance for cancer

I guess that we get an announcement in this year that Victoria and Daniel will get a beautiful baby.

:previous:
Exactly.
And if your next question is, what will happen at a Cesarean, the doctors always take out the baby first, which they can "grap" immediately, when opening the belly.... seems to be a quite unique situation, so this is not "playing god" :D:D:D.

Of course I hope, too, that she will get children, not having a Baouduin & Fabiola situation. Nevertheless she still has a brother and a sister, who then may "jump in".

I Also wish them getting a baby soon..... if I remember the discussions around CP Letizia (too thin, to high heels, cannot get a baby) in her first year, it was a relief, when they finally announced her pregnancy.

BYe Bine

I expect the first baby to arrive in July or August 2011. They have been together for 8 years so I don't think they'll take much time to adjust after marriage

If I were 33, I would be already worried that if I don't start trying already, I'll never have a baby. In fact I'm 28 and I already have this worry. So I think Victoria and Daniel will try to get a baby as soon as possible. But when will they succeed - it's another story. Early 2012?

What do you think - will Victoria's and Daniel's child be also Bernadotte? Usually the last name is coming from the father's side. Can they still be called Bernadotte family?

1. I think the baby production will start pretty soon. Maybe they have already started :D

2. They don´t use surnames. And from saturday Daniel will no longer have Westling in his name. The royal dynasty of sweden will always be Bernadotte as long as there are a descendant of Carl XVI Gustaf on the throne, male or female.

In terms of starting to try for a baby, I'm sure that will happen right away. At 33, sooner is better than later.

When it comes to the heir to the throne having children, that's obviously part of the deal. Talk about pressure. There's a lot of testing that can be done before marriage for both the man and woman to see if fertility could be a problem. I strongly believe both Victoria and Daniel have done this testing before the King consented to the marriage. Can you imagine if Daniel couldn't father a child, the marriage would be going forward? :cool:

Of course the marriage would go forward, they would have to use something than the ordinary method.

Of course the marriage would go forward, they would have to use something than the ordinary method.

Unfortunately, a man with um, a zero or close to zero count cannot father a child even with today's artificial reproductive technology. I highly doubt they'd use a donor.

But, I'm just throwing out some theories here on Daniel. :ROFLMAO: I'm sure they'll easily get pregnant and I'm expecting an announcement in October! ;)

I'm pretty sure Bernadotte will be the child's surname as well, since the point, especially for royals, of having babies is to continue a family lineage/name. Since Daniel is the one marrying into the family and essentially taking Victoria's name, I'd assume their children would share the same surname as their mother.

I expect the first baby to arrive in July or August 2011. They have been together for 8 years so I don't think they'll take much time to adjust after marriage

I agree. I can see them announce it very very soon. If not sooner than that!

I'm pretty sure the name will be Bernadotte because of CP's title.

Well they will have to wait for a couple of months before getting pregnant...there can be succession and legitimacy issues if Victoria was pregnant before the wedding.

Given his medical history, I just don't see how the King or the government would have consented without having Daniel's swimmers tested. Victoria is head over heels enough to look past any fertility issues, but the King and government aren't.

Do they have the same naming tradition as the Danes? Waiting until the baptism to
announce his/her name?

Do they have the same naming tradition as the Danes? Waiting until the baptism to
announce his/her name?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's strictly a Danish tradition.

there can be succession and legitimacy issues if Victoria was pregnant before the wedding.
Yes?
Thought the child being born in wedlock and acknowledged by the father and mother is everything needed

Oh isn't it a bit too early for this thread? :blink:

We've been discussing the marriage of William&Kate, Charlene&Albert, Harry&Chelsy for years but that it not called too early. :)
A lot of pressure will be on this couple to have a child within the first year.

announce his/her name?

Victoria was christened just over a month after she was born and I think her name was already known to the press.

Why wouldn't Madeleines children be called Bernadotte? :ermm:

If the child is conceived out of wedlock, but born inside of wedlock I see no issue with illegitimacy. Wasn't Caroline pregnant with one of her children at the time of one of her wedding?

Victoria was christened just over a month after she was born and I think her name was already known to the press.

I would assume they'd have their father's last name as Madeleine's not the heir.

We've been discussing the marriage of William&Kate, Charlene&Albert, Harry&Chelsy for years but that it not called too early. :)
A lot of pressure will be on this couple to have a child within the first year.
I still think it is too early. At least we can wait for a few days until their wedding :lol: I also think talking about a possible wedding date may only be a joke.:flowers: You know.. I bet ten dollars they will get married in 20....:D

I would assume they'd have their father's last name as Madeleine's not the heir.
But if Madeleine's future husband takes her name (if it's possible for the royals), their children also would be called Bernadotte.

Well I can think of example that The Princess, not heir took the name of her husband.
Princess Alexia, Mrs Morales.
Princess Christina, Mrs Magnuson.
Princess Margaretha, Mrs Ambler.

The last two being unequal marraiges, which resulted in the loss of RH and the addition of the surname.

But i would think the kids would be Bernadotte.

I think they have to make a child in the 1st year of their marriage as they've been known eachother for years.

I'm pretty sure Bernadotte will be the child's surname as well, since the point, especially for royals, of having babies is to continue a family lineage/name. Since Daniel is the one marrying into the family and essentially taking Victoria's name, I'd assume their children would share the same surname as their mother.

This is exactly the question I was thinking of.

The Prince Phillip (Queen Elizabeth's husband, who I like very much) threw a tantrum when his children were being born about them not having his name, so to mollify him, Elizabeth did that whole confusing Mountbatten-Windsor thing. I would imagine that arrangements were discussed in detail about the surnames of the children of Daniel and Victoria.

Gosh, I'm liking this couple.

If the child is conceived out of wedlock, but born inside of wedlock I see no issue with illegitimacy. Wasn't Caroline pregnant with one of her children at the time of one of her wedding?

Caroline of Monaco? Yes. She was pregnant with her son Andrea Albert Pierre when she married Stefano Casiraghi, and with her daughter Princess Alexandra of Hannover when she wed Prince Ernst August.

I'd be thrilled for Victoria and Daniel if they had an anniversary baby.

Well I can think of example that The Princess, not heir took the name of her husband.
Princess Alexia, Mrs Morales.
Princess Christina, Mrs Magnuson.
Princess Margaretha, Mrs Ambler.

The last two being unequal marraiges, which resulted in the loss of RH and the addition of the surname.

But i would think the kids would be Bernadotte.

I think Madeleine´s children would bear name of their father, as for example daughters of Princess Martha Louisa of Norway - the girls´surname is Behn after their father Ari Behn.

I think Madeleine´s children would bear name of their father, as for example daughters of Princess Martha Louisa of Norway - the girls´surname is Behn after their father Ari Behn.

This might be because of ML change in title, and request to have her children named as such.
Just like in Britain Princess Anne's children have no titles and use their fathers surname, however if they had titles I am sure they would use the surname Windsor.

I hope they wait a year.
They should take the first year to enjoy and get to know each other better. But most likely they'll be aiming for a baby right away.

Get to know each other? They are together 7 years or more now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom