The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Adolph is an old swedish name and sorry, Hitler does not come to mind when a Swede hears that name not anymore than Charles immediately remind us in the US about Manson....
But Adolf has always goes together with Gustav for Swedish Royalty.

So if male it will be: Gustav, Carl or Carl something (. I think it ios time for a Gustav and since he would have a uneven number it should not be Adolf intead just Gustav*.

If female, it will not be Ulrika Eleonora since thats the only unsucessfull Queen Regant we hade. Pretty much anything else could be possibel, my bet is on Margareta [Margaret in english]

(flirting with the current Queen of Denmark, and honouring the most succesfful rulingh Queen in Scandinavian history- and quiet possible the most sucessfull Scandinavian ruler of all time)

*Swedish kings with the nmame Gustav or Gustaf:
Gustav
Gustav II Adolf
Gustav III
Gustav IV Adolf
Gustav V
Gustav VI Adolf
They tried to get a Gustav VII Adolf but he died when he was still a crownprince :( (the current Kings father, so I hope they don't try that again)

Old 06-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Margaretha is also the King's grandmother, correct?

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Margaretha is also the King's grandmother, correct?
Yes, Margaret of Connaught was his grandmother (he had though never met her, as she was dying 26 years before his birth)
I guess therefore Margrethe was an obvious choice for Ingrid (honoring her late mother, but also Danish history)

Id be though surprised, if Victoria and Daniel would choose it. Just a feeling.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

I think the name Amanda is pretty. I also like the names of Alexandria. I like the name Victoria. Perhaps the Crown Princess could name her child if it is a girl Victoria. Since Kings have been named after their fathers, why couldn't Crown Princess Victoria if she has a daughter name her after her. If she had a son she could name him Victor. If she had twins (a boy and a girl) she could name them Victor and Victoria. I must admit though Victor doesn't sound very royal. Victoria does. If her firstborn is a girl and she names her Victoria, then it will be the first time in history that a female heir to the throne has named her child after her.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
It took them 8 years to finally walk down the aisle, I doubt very seriously she'll be having a baby within the next year.
I think that if they weren't royal or if they had been able to decide for themselves, they would have gotten married ages ago. Wasn't it partly due to Daniel's illness, prince school, suitability to be a part of royal family and all that kind of things that they had to wait this long to be married? I believe that they will try for a baby as soon as possible, because they aren't that young anymore and both love children and it is nearly a tradition to make a baby straight away.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Serene Highness

I saw an article in a newspaper that talked about how different countries or culture view marriage and courtship. It was said that in Scandinavia people in general don't rush into marriage. They have a long period of courtship (several years) before they walk down the aisle. They generally don't have quick marriages like they do in the United States. In the United States a couple could go to Las Vegas and get married that day almost. In Scadinavia people would think you were nuts to do such a thing especially if you only knew each other less than a year or for a brief period.

Because the royal couple has been together for a long time, it is much more likely that they will have a happy marriage than someone who knew each other less than a year.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Aristocracy

I like Carl-Daniel for a boy.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisi View Post
I think that if they weren't royal or if they had been able to decide for themselves, they would have gotten married ages ago. Wasn't it partly due to Daniel's illness, prince school, suitability to be a part of royal family and all that kind of things that they had to wait this long to be married? I believe that they will try for a baby as soon as possible, because they aren't that young anymore and both love children and it is nearly a tradition to make a baby straight away.

No, I think they just didn't want to get married until they felt like they were damn good and ready. Which is how it should be, royal or otherwise. You get married when you and your partner thinks you're ready -- not a moment before. As for their ages.....there's nothing keeping them from waiting a while before starting a family, neither of them are in their 50s, you know.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
No, I think they just didn't want to get married until they felt like they were damn good and ready. Which is how it should be, royal or otherwise. You get married when you and your partner thinks you're ready -- not a moment before. As for their ages.....there's nothing keeping them from waiting a while before starting a family, neither of them are in their 50s, you know.
Quite right.
I rushed royal marriage, is worse than a rushed non-royal marriage.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

As much as I like the name Carl, Victoria's father and brother share that name. Perhaps a name like Daniel Gustaf if she has a boy.

I've noticed that in a lot of royal families, the same first names and middle names are used over and over again. Must be very interesting at a family gathering when a family member calls out someone's name, several people turn around. This I can speak from experience. I share my grandmother name.

I would guess that first names or royals are used over and over again as a matter of tradition because I've never seen any royal edict or any law that said that royals could only name their children from a list of approved names.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
As much as I like the name Carl, Victoria's father and brother share that name. Perhaps a name like Daniel Gustaf if she has a boy.
Daniel I Gustaf of Sweden. I bet approval of Moparchy would drop almost liek a stone :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I've noticed that in a lot of royal families, the same first names and middle names are used over and over again. Must be very interesting at a family gathering when a family member calls out someone's name, several people turn around. This I can speak from experience. I share my grandmother name.
Not really a problem royalty get pet names used by close realitves and friends very early. If I recall right Queen Margreth of Denmark used one (Putte?) for Count Carl Johan Bernadotte (her mothers brother) during the recent wedding in Sweden.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Royal Highness

In the first six months of 2011, I expect I'm happy news.
I think a baby boy ...
Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Gentry

CP Victoria is such a modern, head-strong woman (and this is a good thing). I think she has "a lot on her plate" (as the common phrase goes) with her duties and helping Prince Daniel adjust to his new role. Besides, mid-thirties is not the end of fertility! She can wait a couple of years if she chooses. Most doctors agree that it's only around age 40 that women should worry. I hope she waits a bit, but I doubt it. I think there will be a late 2011 or early/mid 2012 baby for the handsome couple.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Commoner

Having a summer-long honeymoon, I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria was pregnant when they returned. But you never know! I think some time next year there will be an announcement if not birth. Hopefully they don't run into problems conceiving.

I love royal babies! :)
Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Serene Highness

I hope they have a child next year (purely because I want to see cute baby pictures!). I also noticed that the King included a not-so-subtle hint for grandchildren in his wedding speech:

'I wish that you also one day will be able to experience such happiness that we feel today.'

Old 07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Nobility

I have watched the speach given by Olle Westling and after the speach Victora hugs him. THEN i got the impression of the following: She said something to him that made him stir a bit, then i think he said r du? (you are?) and then the second hug. I translated that into that she alread was pregnant. But back to the issue of the name.

Lowest odds are Carl or Gustav, but there is also pretty low odds on Oscar(we had 2 kings named Oscar) and Erik. Olof will not play well with many in the people that had a grudge against Olof Palme.

If its a girl then everything is up in the air since there is so many queennames in the swedish history but only 2 ruling queens.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Again, for some reason I think their first child shall be a boy.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
I have watched the speach given by Olle Westling and after the speach Victora hugs him. THEN i got the impression of the following: She said something to him that made him stir a bit, then i think he said r du? (you are?) and then the second hug. I translated that into that she alread was pregnant. But back to the issue of the name.

Lowest odds are Carl or Gustav, but there is also pretty low odds on Oscar(we had 2 kings named Oscar) and Erik. Olof will not play well with many in the people that had a grudge against Olof Palme.

If its a girl then everything is up in the air since there is so many queennames in the swedish history but only 2 ruling queens.
If she was pregnant at the wedding, then they did a marvellous job with dyed water

Id guess his violent death more than 20 years ago, was sweeping all grudge against Olof Palme away.
At least its a name a lot easier to give than Adolf IMO.
But its not very modern and the couple seems a bit "mainstream", my bet is on Oscar and boy.
They look like "boy parents" IMO.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Serene Highness

I hope it's a boy as I prefer it when it is a male heir to the throne. I don't mind it being a girl when it's only girls who have been born but if a boy and girl child appears I think the male should take precedence. I don't know why I feel like that but I just do and I hope they don't change things in Britain or Spain. BTW I'm only 34, just in case you all think I'm in my 80's.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I hope it's a boy as I prefer it when it is a male heir to the throne. I don't mind it being a girl when it's only girls who have been born but if a boy and girl child appears I think the male should take precedence. I don't know why I feel like that but I just do and I hope they don't change things in Britain or Spain. BTW I'm only 34, just in case you all think I'm in my 80's.
Ironic then, that you are posting on a board for CP Victoria, a woman whose position is exactly what you disdain. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I just think this is an odd place to mention it.