Children for Victoria and Daniel?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we have a pregnancy announcement by the end of the year and a new baby in summer 2011. A little prince born in July or August 2011 would be so nice. :flowers:

I agree. I can see them announce it very very soon. If not sooner than that!

I'm pretty sure the name will be Bernadotte because of CP's title.

I think Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim's surname is Laborde de Monpezat and not Glückburg as one could expect because of their mother's title!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Laborde_de_Monpezat

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim's surname is de Mompezat and not Glückburg as one could expect because of their mother's title! I saw that on a website some time ago. I'll try to find it and post a link.

The Danish Royal Family do not have surnames.
Glucksburg is the reigning house at the moment then Queen Margrethe decided to change it to Laborde De Monpezat. She also gave the titles Count and Countess to Frederik, Mary, Christian, Isabella, Joachim, Marie, Felix, Nikolai and Henrik.
When Frederik ascends the throne, the royal house will be that of Laborde De Monpezat.

This is exactly the question I was thinking of.

The Prince Phillip (Queen Elizabeth's husband, who I like very much) threw a tantrum when his children were being born about them not having his name, so to mollify him, Elizabeth did that whole confusing Mountbatten-Windsor thing. I would imagine that arrangements were discussed in detail about the surnames of the children of Daniel and Victoria.

Gosh, I'm liking this couple.

I believe that a surname Westling-Bernadotte for their future children would be the most fair thing. I don't think that it would be a problem since the Swedes are known for being a nation who fights for equality.
They' ll definitely find a solution, but I believe Daniel is a person who wouldn't have a problem at all, if his kids bear his wife's last name and not his. :previous:

For some reason I have feeling that they will have a son by the end of next year. Let's wait and see I guess!

For some reason I have feeling that they will have a son by the end of next year. Let's wait and see I guess!

I also hope for a baby boy!! Wouldn't it be a great thing to have a Carl-Gustaf junior along with Carl-Gustaf the senior?

The Danish Royal Family do not have surnames.
Glucksburg is the reigning house at the moment then Queen Margrethe decided to change it to Laborde De Monpezat. She also gave the titles Count and Countess to Frederik, Mary, Christian, Isabella, Joachim, Marie, Felix, Nikolai and Henrik.
When Frederik ascends the throne, the royal house will be that of Laborde De Monpezat.

Did she actually change the reigning house name? I was never entirely clear on that. I know she created count/countess of Monpezat titles for her descendants, but did she alter it so that the House of Glucksburg will change into the House of Monpezat?

I too think they should wait a year just to get accustomed to being married and all the changes that come with it, not to mention Daniel still recovering from his operation and getting accustomed to being a prince. However, I have a feeling a baby is already in the works as we speak... :lol: I am almost certain that they've started trying. Queen Silvia had Victoria about a year after her wedding and considering how much Victoria resembles her mother, I have a feeling a new prince/princess might be born around August 2011. :)

I believe that a surname Westling-Bernadotte for their future children would be the most fair thing. I don't think that it would be a problem since the Swedes are known for being a nation who fights for equality.
They' ll definitely find a solution, but I believe Daniel is a person who wouldn't have a problem at all, if his kids bear his wife's last name and not his. :previous:

According to the Swedish Royal Family's website, Daniel got a new addition to his name, and not just in front:

H.K.H. Prins Daniel - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

H.K.H. Prins Daniel

Olof Daniel Westling Bernadotte, Prins av Sverige, Hertig av Västergötland, föddes i Örebro den 15 september 1973. Hans föräldrar är Ewa Kristina Westling och Olle Gunnar Westling. Daniel Westling och Kronprinsessan lärde känna varandra under 2001.
De förlovade sig på Kungliga slottet tisdagen den 24 februari 2009. Bröllopet ägde rum den 19 juni 2010.

So it would appear that he took HER name, meaning any children born of their marriage would carry the surname Bernadotte. I hadn't noticed that before the last couple times I'd been snooping around the site, so it must be a recent addition. I don't remember reading anything prior to the wedding about who was taking whose name, so I guess that would be the answer.

I think it would be wise for them to wait as well until Daniel is better settled into Royal Life because he will be doing solo official engagements when she is heavily pregnant and not able to, but I have a feeling that it is not how they want it

According to the Swedish Royal Family's website, Daniel got a new addition to his name, and not just in front:

H.K.H. Prins Daniel - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

So it would appear that he took HER name, meaning any children born of their marriage would carry the surname Bernadotte. I hadn't noticed that before the last couple times I'd been snooping around the site, so it must be a recent addition. I don't remember reading anything prior to the wedding about who was taking whose name, so I guess that would be the answer.

Yeah but knowing the PR team of this royal house you can never be sure it that is the case or simply a mistake :whistling:

It took them 8 years to finally walk down the aisle, I doubt very seriously she'll be having a baby within the next year. I mean, they don't appear to be a couple who wants to rush into anything and while they've been together a long time, that doesn't necessarily translate to a preparedness for child-rearing. They only just got married and he hasn't even done any official engagements as a member of the family yet. I think the soonest we'll see a child is maybe the fall or winter of 2012. By then they'd be married two years, and that seems like a nice bit of time to get used to not only being married but being a working royal.

Yeah but knowing the PR team of this royal house you can never be sure it that is the case or simply a mistake :whistling:

That's true. However I also saw it on the English version of the site as well, so either it's a very carefully crafted mistake, or it's a way to settle the debate. Not that I think it ever was a debate, but you know what I mean. I know it's tradition for the father to pass his name on to his children, but royals are in a different circumstance when it comes to that than the rest of us. Sometimes the monarchy runs through the female line, and in that case when said female marries and starts a family, the children would carry her name. Unless some provision is made for a hyphenate or total change.

I guess we'll find out when the baby comes!

It might be possible for Victoria to add Daniel's surname as part of the Bernadotte title as Queen Elizabeth did with Prince Phillip's name Mountbatten-Windsor. They probably would not do that, but there is precedent for it to happen if she so chose once she ascends the throne.

When I translated the page in English it no longer said Daniel Westling Bernadotte. It just said Olaf Daniel, Prince of Sweden.
I think he did take the name Bernadotte...it's weird but I guess he has too or else it would be the "Westling Family" and not the Bernadotte family.

I think that Victoria & Daniel will have kids as soon as they can.:p It is mostly because of Victoria age, they will be in a hurry. So, my guess is 2011.:cool:

I found an article talking about names for Victoria and Daniel's first child, but I can't find it again. The names suggested were Gustaf or Oscar for a boy and Alice or Desiree for a girl.

When I translated the page in English it no longer said Daniel Westling Bernadotte. It just said Olaf Daniel, Prince of Sweden.
I think he did take the name Bernadotte...it's weird but I guess he has too or else it would be the "Westling Family" and not the Bernadotte family.

Biography - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

It's there, you just have to go to the Biography section.

A wellknown royal and expert on history in general Herman Lindquist said that the royal family don't use the surname in public.
He used and example and said that on Daniels passport it will simply state 'Prince Daniel of Sweden'

Did she actually change the reigning house name? I was never entirely clear on that. I know she created count/countess of Monpezat titles for her descendants, but did she alter it so that the House of Glucksburg will change into the House of Monpezat?

Yes she did.
When Frederik ascends the throne, the royal house with be that of the house of Monpezat.

I think Daniel will be relieved when the baby comes quite soon. I see him always as a daddy who stays home caring for the child whereas Victoria is going "to work". The other reason might be that he then has prooved that he is able to produce children.

somehow i hope it won't be Gustaf or Carl or Oscar!!!!!
Sorry but they're family names are not quite good in the male part!

If they have a boy, it's almost sure one of his names will be Gustaf or Carl. All the kings had those names, and Oscar too. Let's see what will they choose. As for a girl, i have no idea.

I agree it's very likely that if they've a boy the name will be Carl, Gustaf or Oscar, or a combination of them. For a girl it's much more open, lot of names to choose from.

I would love it if they would go original.

Maybe they'd name their daughter Madeliene. It's such beautiful name. Too bad they don't have as many to choose from for their son.

I think Carl Olaf would be a good name for a boy, as that way it has some of Daniel's name in it, and Carl Daniel doesn't sound good.

For a girl: Sybilla Margaret Ingrid Silvia Ewa Lillian

For a boy: Oskar Karl Daniel Olaf Adolf Olle Björn

And good for her is, there is no pressure to bear a boy. Thanks to the parliament for put the whole "boys-first" into the garbage :flowers:

Adolf is not a good name. If they use it, they'd be foolish.

Well, whatever association goes with the name, Adolf, it's still a family name so it might pop up somewhere.

Appart from all the names mentioned for a girl, I think also Alice or Désirée would be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom