The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Anorexia: Victoria

Victoria was so thin in 1997.. good to see that she could fight the anorexia. she looks so much helthier now!

Old 10-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Victoria and her anorexia

CP Victoria suffered from anorexia as a teen. She talked about it in an interview in Aftonbladet in 1999: Aftonbladet nyheter: Victoria berättar om sina ätstörningar, and revealed how she could get excellent treatment for it in Sweden, but not the peace and quiet she needed. She went to the USA to study, and to seek help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-1.jpg
Views:	1504
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	262035   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2282
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	262036  

Old 11-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Commoner

Victoria and her anorexia

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Victoria___v_ren96___november97.jpg
Views:	2375
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	3517  
Old 11-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

It almost hurt to see those pictures...
She looks so thin in the one from 1997. Im glad she has recovered from her eating disorder now
Old 11-02-2003, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 4:07 pm
Im glad she has recovered from her eating disorder now
Who knows. She always straightens out that you can´t be fully recovered, when you once suffered from an eating disorder. And her never ending weight fluctuations are a little bit strange (ok, a lot of woman, who are-at least officially healthy- are doing the same. And always when I look at the big viktklubben-rubric/part in Aftonbladet, I´ve the feeling that this is big topic in Sweden.). But I naturally hope she has really recovered!
Old 11-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
" And always when I look at the big viktklubben-rubric in Aftonbladet"

What does this mean?

I'm getting individual words but not the whole thing.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

It´s not really important. But I know the problem with the pieced swedish words...which are NEVER in the dictionary.
Viktklubben means weight-club, and it´s an more or less interactive "platform"/rubric in the swedish tabloid AFTONBLADET, where you can slim with other swedish people...you get also a lot of tips how to slim there.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 5:48 pm

Viktklubben means weight-club
"weight club" ... is also an old word for a fitness gym .... Daniel's gym.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 5:52 pm

"weight club" ... is also an old word for a fitness gym .... Daniel's gym.
NOOOOOOOOOOO, Daniel´s gym isn´t contact point for all chubby Swedes
This is just an internet-community for people, who want to loose a little (or a little bit more), started of a tabloid
Old 11-02-2003, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Personally I think, that her face matured in the last 2 years, and those baby-like-cheeks (another word-creation of me ) "melted" almost away.
But that wasn´t the point of my post! I wrote that I consider it as strange that Victoria still looses a lot, and gain it back then. And then I wrote that a lot of OTHER women are doing the same-and then I refered to this Aftonbladet-topic, because I guess that most members of this club are women, who experience a lot with their weight. In german we use the term "yo-yo-dieting").
BTW her mother had also more meat on the bones, when she was younger. But since she´s queen she lives such a disciplined life, that it´s almost spooky and not comprehensible.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Dennism  Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 6:30 pm

Victoria, rather chubby cheeks throughout her life, is on this plan? Odd because their mother has a rather skinny face.
Interesting of you to bring that up. Victoria also has that tan look, if I am not mistaken. So, these two things are part of a South American heritage of Sylvia's father marrying a Brazilian lady ?
Old 11-02-2003, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The whole family (even the king) can get really tanned, when they stay a long time in the sun. But in recent years the Queen and Victoria avoided to go to much and uncovered into the sun. Probably the Queen fears wrinkles and Victoria, who even was in the noon sunbathing in earlier years, got in recent years freckles and pigmented moles...so she has probably stopped intensive tanning, what a luck, that at least little Madeleine is living on the tanning bed :P (ok, ok I stop this sarkasm...she has also stopped that a little bit).
But I agree all three Royal children have a little bit of their maternal grandmother Alice Sommerlath (nee de Toledo).
And talking about physical similarities between Victoria and her mother...Victoria has the shape of the face of her mother (it´s not a 1:1-copy, because Victoria´s face is more roundish and her chin is more prominent) and the forehead-eye-part of her face is like the one of her mother. The nose and the mouth and the size of her eyes are from her father. So she actually looks more like her father, but when I look at Victoria as a whole, and when I compare it with older pics of Silvia, she looks more like Silvia.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted on Nov 2nd, 2003 - 7:11 pm

The whole family (even the king) can get really tanned
True ... that is the normal tan. And then there is the inherited tan, the tan that Spaniards and Brazilians are born with. :)

Quote:
at least little Madeleine is living on the tanning bed (ok, ok I stop this sarkasm...she has also stopped that a little bit).
you mean her summer tan was a combination of lying on the sand beach and on the tanning beach? Wow!

Quote:
And talking about physical similarities between Victoria and her mother...Victoria has the shape of the face of her mother (it´s not a 1:1-copy, because Victoria´s face is more roundish and her chin is more prominent) and the forehead-eye-part of her face is like the one of her mother. The nose and the mouth and the size of her eyes are from her father. So she actually looks more like her father, but when I look at Victoria as a whole, and when I compare it with older pics of Silvia, she looks more like Silvia.
I never looked that close to see where she had her father's attributes. And I agree, Victoria (and Madeleine) take after their mother. Now, where does that leave Carl Philip ?
Old 11-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 7:31 pm
Quote:
Lena  Posted on Nov 2nd, 2003 - 7:11 pm

The whole family (even the king) can get really tanned
True ... that is the normal tan. And then there is the inherited tan, the tan that Spaniards and Brazilians are born with. :)

Quote:
at least little Madeleine is living on the tanning bed (ok, ok I stop this sarkasm...she has also stopped that a little bit).
you mean her summer tan was a combination of lying on the sand beach and on the tanning beach? Wow!

Quote:
I never looked that close to see where she had her father's attributes. And I agree, Victoria (and Madeleine) take after their mother. Now, where does that leave Carl Philip ?
If you mean the natural darker pigmented skin of people living in Brazil (of course not all, but the majority), so I don´t think, she has inherited that from her grandma. Cp Victoria is really pale in winter.
What is a steel beach? I didn´t mean her summer-tan, which was quite "normal" , but her tan in this spring. A horrible mix between "holiday in Marbella" and an "intensive time on the tanning bed" (probably she has an own, or Daniel Westling has a couple of them in his gym). Sorry, that I´ve to say this...but she looked like a mummy (why do you have in english the same word for mother-I remember that there was a letter with the word "mummy" on the coffin of princess Diana and for "a half rotten dead body"-that´s really macabre&#33 , and if she doesn´t care, she will look like her aunt Birgitta in a few years.
Yes, Carl-Philip has (except his eye-colour) not much from his mother. He´s in every way (character, look, taste of women) his father!

Picture of Madeleine in spring 2003:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	shock.jpeg
Views:	486
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1711  
Old 11-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 8:03 pm

What is a steel beach?
the same as a tanning bed. All tanning beds I have seen, look like a lot of steel.

Quote:
I didn´t mean her summer-tan, which was quite "normal" , but her tan in this spring. A horrible mix between "holiday in Marbella" and an "intensive time on the tanning bed" (probably she has an own, or Daniel Westling has a couple of them in his gym). Sorry, that I´ve to say this...but she looked like a mummy (why do you have in english the same word for mother-I remember that there was a letter with the word "mummy" on the coffin of princess Diana and for "a half rotten dead body"-that´s really macabre&#33 , and if she doesn´t care, she will look like her aunt Birgitta in a few years.
yepp ... macabre, mummy other words I thought about when I first saw the picture were: brown (death) mask, ugly (like flirting with death).

Quote:
Yes, Carl-Philip has (except his eye-colour) not much from his mother. He´s in every way (character, look, taste of women) his father!
Well ... in this respect, you would know more
Old 11-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
"but she looked like a mummy (why do you have in english the same word for mother-I remember that there was a letter with the word "mummy" on the coffin of princess Diana and for "a half rotten dead body"-that´s really macabre&#33 , and if she doesn´t care, she will look like her aunt Birgitta in a few years"

Well, now. Mummy is only a pet name for the mother. Like Ma or Mama. It should be noted that in Mandarin the sound that one makes saying "Ma", when pronounced in a different way can be the word for Mother or for a curse word that I will not repeat. It should be noted that "Mummy" for the thing found in Egyptian pyramids goes back to the Latin "Mumia", the Arabic "mumiyah" and the Persian, "Mum" which refers to wax.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:27 AM

Crown Princess Victoria Current Events Part 7 (December 2003-April 2004)

Hello.
I would like to know:
-Is it just me, or she has lost weight recently? I have been struggling with anorexia for about 6 years now and it would make me so sad to hear she fell sick again!!
-Is there a way I can find the article that was published in a "Paris Match" magazine, in 1997,in which they reported her struggle with anorexia?
-How many languages does she speak?What language is spoken in Sweden?
Thank you so much!
Angel101
Old 12-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Majesty

have you looked at the bio posted on victoria look further up at this forum
Old 12-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Majesty

and we speak swedish in Sweden...
Old 12-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Commoner

picture from 1997
Attached Thumbnails