The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who would be the better prince consort?
Daniel Westling 84 76.36%
Daniel Collert 26 23.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 11:17 PM

I am all for allowing her to marry for love. If she loves Daniel W. then if they should decided to, let her marry him. I would HOPE that should an engagement be announced that someone would take the poor guy aside and give him a makeover at least appearance wise. Obviously his voice, his personality, etc are all very attractive to her and no one wants to change themselves completely for someone else (not to mention those that do are VERY UNHAPPY). He just needs to be made to seem more royal and less truck driver!

Any way, I wish her all the best. It is going to be very hard for whomever she marries since whoever it is, must live in the limelight. Although another royal would be familiar and somewhat accustomed, it doesn't always make for happiness. But love can conquer all, just look at her parents. It may be daunting for someone to take on a royal (and the press) but loving someone means sacrifices.

Old 06-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Courtier

Boys boys boys??

How long we are on this forum ?? You are ought to know that there is only one who can marry her!!!

Didn't you hear his hints?? Didn't you feel his hope that his name would be mentioned??

It is our dear member DennisM!!! How could you forget him??

:) :) :) :flower: :mrgreen:

Old 06-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Aww. Thanks. But I did not need to have my name mentioned. I am happy enough just knowing that some members think that I would be good enough for her.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by the1mcgraws@Jun 10th, 2004 - 10:17 pm
I am all for allowing her to marry for love. If she loves Daniel W. then if they should decided to, let her marry him.

Any way, I wish her all the best. It is going to be very hard for whomever she marries since whoever it is, must live in the limelight. Although another royal would be familiar and somewhat accustomed, it doesn't always make for happiness. But love can conquer all, just look at her parents. It may be daunting for someone to take on a royal (and the press) but loving someone means sacrifices.

I agree with this--although this is Victoria's decision. I wish her much love and happiness in her future!! :flower:
Old 08-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Majesty

it was kind of fun to read the old posts at this thread
Old 11-16-2004, 06:25 AM
Majesty

post a few candidates and we will make a poll
Old 11-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

I hope she marries whoever she truly loves. However, since this is for fun, I would like to see her with Prince Nikolas of Greece. I think they make a lovely couple.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Royal Highness

awwww .... !!!!

no contenders allowed ... boo hoo hoo :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_sophietje
How long we are on this forum ?? You are ought to know that there is only one who can marry her!!!

Didn't you hear his hints?? Didn't you feel his hope that his name would be mentioned??

It is our dear member DennisM!!! How could you forget him??
and if i said i did ?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Courtier

My vote goes to Dennism! He'll always make sure that she's wearing the best tiara in her arsenal!

In all seriousness, I would want her to follow her heart. All the royal privilages and responsibilities in the world will never make someone happy. The most important thing in this world is the only one that money and power cannot buy.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Commoner

Smile

Because CP Victoria's life has been pre-determined in many ways, I hope that she will marry the man she loves. Victoria deserves to have a wonderful soulmate who understands her role and can provide unconditional love & support.

Will Daniel W. be the one? He is really quite handsome, and I think the love and special chemistry is there! If a special connection exists, I hope we will hear some happy news soon.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
My vote goes to Dennism! He'll always make sure that she's wearing the best tiara in her arsenal!
Thank you. I hope so too.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Courtier

My all time favorite, Dennis!
Old 12-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
My all time favorite, Dennis!
Who is Dennis and why do all these people think Victoria should marry him? I thought her boyfriend's name was DANIEL???
Old 12-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
Who is Dennis and why do all these people think Victoria should marry him? I thought her boyfriend's name was DANIEL???
LOL, Dennis or Dennism is our favorite tiara expert here on the site and he also happens to be a Victoria admirer.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Majesty

as much as i care for Dennis (Dennism) and enjoy reading his posts i feel that this subject is starting to get a bit strange.

I would like to ask you all to discuss candidates that is in the public eye and have a connection to victoria

Everybody are allowed to have their own fantasies but repeating it constantly its gets a bit tiresome

Josefine/admin
Old 12-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

Well I am a guessin' Prince Harry would not be the one for the job. I know-Prince Joachim. Wait-forgot he is a jerk.

Uuuhhhh...hhmmmm...I think if this were the olden days Prince Nikolaus would def. be it. But since they are prob. not in love then this won't be happening
Old 02-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Majesty

mixer2002de asked me to add this poll
Old 02-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Daniel C looks better then Daniel W in my opinion but that is not enogh to be a Prince consort
i do like the prince of Greece and denmark
but that will never happned
Old 02-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
Daniel C looks better then Daniel W in my opinion but that is not enogh to be a Prince consort
i do like the prince of Greece and denmark
but that will never happned
Yes, I agree. Collert looks better, but that´s not all. But when we look at other factors we notice, that there are other reasons, why Daniel Collert would be the better prince consort (I´m just focusing on the prince-capabilities and not on love etc...but of course this will probably decide the "race")

1) Daniel Collert has an university degree, which he has gotten at the famous Columbia university in NY.

2) Daniel Collert must speak perfect english (he has lived in the US already as child and later several years to study) and probably also other languages (french, german) He went to the same high school (gymnasiet) like Victoria, and this is known for its high standards

3) Daniel Collert knows how to move in the high society...

4) at the same time he doesn´t seem posh and was never unfriendly to journalists

5) Daniel Collert has worked for the red cross (so here we have some charity)

6) Daniel Collert hasn´t a business, that is dependent from customers (who are attracted through the press)

7) Daniel Collert may have an own style, but he has never worn a trucker cap!

8) Daniel Collert would bring something new (a new "character") into the Royal family (we already have 2 sport freaks and one, who is a sport freak, because her boyfriend is one). It´s said Daniel is interested in literature.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
... the better prince consort
I thought this thread was about new potentials ... not a discussion of the re-treads. :(

All the same, I nominate hrhcp, that must stand for "his royal highness - crown prince".

Quote:
1) ... has an university degree
hrhcp has those, including those from two prestigious institutions in London.

Quote:
2) ... must speak perfect english ... and probably also other languages (french, german)
Yep, those languages are in hrhcp's lexicon, as well as smatterings of Arabic, Italian and Spanish. Good that no reference has been made to speaking Swedish. Phew!

Quote:
3) ...move in the high society
Seeing no one wants a snob, and as long as some-one else foots the bill a la clothing expenses, squiring about, dining out and etc, hrhcp is terrific.

Quote:
4) ... never unfriendly to journalists
That was obviously a mistake (otherwise the predecessor would still be around). I think hrhcp would hire a paparazzi to snoop around a photog or two, until such time that they get the drift.

Quote:
5) ...some charity
hrhcp gives once and for all to the United Way.

Quote:
6) ... hasn´t a business
Well ... Mary and all the other CP'sses were employees before they got hitched, so that works for hrhcp too.

Quote:
7) ... own style
dash and panache in spades.

Quote:
8) ... would bring something new [into the family]
... wankers unite ?