A Boy for Victoria and Daniel - Oscar Carl Olof, Duke of Skåne: March 2, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of fuss about Oscar, even baking cakes in his honor. Did they do this for Estelle, Leonor or Nicolas? It seems like more attention born to a prince born third in line to the throne.

Last edited:
I think it's lovely that the Countess is Estelle's namesake
You do mean that princess Estelle is the namesake of the countess, don't you? (I doubt Estelle Manville was named after a princess born 112 years later.)
This is the cake for P.Estelle's birth Prinsessan Estelles doptårta
This is called a Princess cake https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_cake
:previous:That is not the true Estelle cake, it's an ordinary Princess cake with a pink covering made to the christening of Estelle.

Estelle got her own cake in her duchy, there was a competition and Lanemo konditori (bakery) in Linköping won: Östgötska hertiginnan prinsessan Estelles egen bakelse - Sett och hört - www.ostgotamat.se
There were also an Estelle cake made in Ockelbo: Ockelbos lilla sessa får en egen bakelse

The same bakers who made the Estelle cake in Ockelbo made a cake to Leonore: Tårtan smakar kungligt, Leonore! | Nyheter | Expressen

I haven't seen any kind of cake made for Nicolas, but there is a Finnish Nikolai cake, but I wouldn't recommend it for the little prince until after his 18th birthday as there are beer in the cake: Nikolai-kakku – Olut ja suklaa –reseptikilpailu - House of Beer

As for the cake for prince Oscar, it seems to be an ordinary Princess cake, but with blueberries and a white covering. It would have been more interesting if they had taken the Oscar II cake and made something new of that: http://www.koket.se/hela-sverige-bakar/birgitta-rasmusson/oscar-ii-s-tarta/ as it's a gluten-free cake.

Even Sofia have got her own cake in Älvdalen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi_ppPAOHGUhttp://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:
I love Estelle's NK cake :flowers: And that they used it for her 2nd birthday photos :)

Thank you to those of you who helped me with Oscara. It was fascinating to read.

You do mean that princess Estelle is the namesake of the countess, don't you? (I doubt Estelle Manville was named after a princess born 112 years later.)

Of course I do, and I also realise that Princess Estelle was born long after Countess Estelle. I now realise the phrasing sounds confusing and have amended my post.

Last edited:

:previous:That is not the true Estelle cake, it's an ordinary Princess cake with a pink covering made to the christening of Estelle.

Estelle got her own cake in her duchy, there was a competition and Lanemo konditori (bakery) in Linköping won: Östgötska hertiginnan prinsessan Estelles egen bakelse - Sett och hört - www.ostgotamat.se
There were also an Estelle cake made in Ockelbo: Ockelbos lilla sessa får en egen bakelse

The same bakers who made the Estelle cake in Ockelbo made a cake to Leonore: Tårtan smakar kungligt, Leonore! | Nyheter | Expressen

I haven't seen any kind of cake made for Nicolas, but there is a Finnish Nikolai cake, but I wouldn't recommend it for the little prince until after his 18th birthday as there are beer in the cake: Nikolai-kakku – Olut ja suklaa –reseptikilpailu - House of Beer

As for the cake for prince Oscar, it seems to be an ordinary Princess cake, but with blueberries and a white covering. It would have been more interesting if they had taken the Oscar II cake and made something new of that: Oscar II:s tårta | Recept från Köket.se as it's a gluten-free cake.

Even Sofia have got her own cake in Älvdalen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi_ppPAOHGUhttp://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Thank you for posting, this shows even more that there no need for suspicions the new baby is getting better treatment in the cake department than his sister or cousins :flowers:

I didn't research well enough but let my irritation at Mme Verseau's suggestive post get the better of me...

I didn't know Oscar was a name already well loved by the SRF. The name Oscar itself sounds so distinctly English to me.

I didn't know Oscar was a name already well loved by the SRF. The name Oscar itself sounds so distinctly English to me.

IIRC Napoleon chose the name Oscar for his godson after reading "The works of Ossian" supposedly consisting of Gaelic folksongs and poetry collected by James Macpherson so you're not that far off.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Probably because it is :flowers: The first Bernadotte prince born into the royal family was the future Oscar I (son of Jean-Baptiste later King Charles and Desiree Cleary, a former lover of Napoleon). Oscar's birth name was Joseph Francoise Oscar. Joseph was for his godfather Joseph Bonaparte. Oscar was said to have been chosen by Napoleon as he was fan of the Ossian cycle of poetry which were Scottish in origin, and there was a hero named Oscar.

Prince Oscar gets a song from his mother's former music teacher, Ingemar Thorell.
He has previously written a lullaby to Oscar's sister Estelle when she was a baby and a wedding march to Crown Princess Victoria and her Daniel.
- As many people have used the lullaby to Estelle as christening music, I intend to write a christening song directly this time.
It can take some weeks to write the song because lyricist Daniel Hemberg is abroad at the moment. But Thorell will send a greeting to Victoria and her family already now:
- I'll greet them and congratulate them for a well-chosen name.
Ingemar Thorell skriver sång till nyfödde prins Oscar - P4 Väst _ Sveriges Radio

Last edited:
Probably because it is :flowers: The first Bernadotte prince born into the royal family was the future Oscar I (son of Jean-Baptiste later King Charles and Desiree Cleary, a former lover of Napoleon). Oscar's birth name was Joseph Francoise Oscar. Joseph was for his godfather Joseph Bonaparte. Oscar was said to have been chosen by Napoleon as he was fan of the Ossian cycle of poetry which were Scottish in origin, and there was a hero named Oscar.
The more you know. Thanks!

The name Olof is historic. Olof Skötkonung (980-1022) reigned as King of Sweden from 995 to 1022.

:previous: Indeed. While Olof is obviously meant as an honor to Daniel and his father, the name has a rich history to match those of Oscar and Carl.

There are two legendary (questionable historical reality)
-Olof I-referenced in the life of Saint Ansgar
-Olof Bjornsson was said to be co-ruler and brother of Eric the Victorious.

Then non-legendary
-Olof of Sweden was a son of Eric the Victorious, and nephew of the above
-Olof II of Norway and Denmark's father was a Swedish prince by birth,Olof was the grandson of Magnus IV of Sweden
-Gustaf VI not only shares a duchy with the little prince, but 2 names in common. His full name was Oscar Frederik Wilhelm Olaf Gustaf Adolph

Video of the birth of Oscar from TV from Belgium
Zoontje voor prinses Victoria _ VTM
And from German ZDF
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek#/beitrag/video/2685568/Leute-heute-33.2016

President of the Republic of Finland, Sauli Niinistö has sent his congratulations to the Swedish royal family on the occasion of the birth of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's son. President Niinistö and his wife send warm congratulations both on their own and the Finnish people's part to the child's parents, older sister and the entire royal family.
President Niinistö gratulerade Sveriges kungafamilj - Republiken Finlands president

Last edited:
He looks like his sister at the moment. Lovely picture

Sooooooooooooo cute ! And how he looks like his sister !!!!

He is incredible cute. He can't deny that he and Estelle are siblings. I wonder how long it will last to see a picture from Estelle with Oscar.

So cute ! :) The picture was taken earlier today by the Crown Princess herself :)

he looks a lot like estelle, who looks a lot like daniel! :)
very cute little prince.

He looks like his sister at the moment. Lovely picture

I thought EXACTLY the same...... like Estelle in her first days....
beautiful pic of a small man :lol::flowers:
Bye Bine

He looks exactly like Estelle as newborn, and he is her twin for sure! Such cute baby.

Last edited:
Wow that picture of Oscar is very like the first picture we got of Estelle. Hopefully in the next few weeks we will get a few pictures of the new family of 4

Wow that picture of Oscar is very like the first picture we got of Estelle. Hopefully in the next few weeks we will get a few pictures of the new family of 4

Hopefully less than in the "next few weeks" - can´t wait for it
Bye Bine

How lovely and cute!!! I was looking at the picture and I thought "oh did I miss this picture from Estelle when she was a baby?". But it's Oscar!!! They look like twins, adorable!

Not surprised that E&O look alike, since I always thought that their parents kinda resemble each other (not to be meant as an insult, this is totally common). So we know already he will as precious like Estelle :wub:

Hopefully less than in the "next few weeks" - can´t wait for it
Bye Bine
We've got official pictures of Estelle with Vic and Daniel a month later after she was born. So I expect new pictures of the new family of 4 in the begining of April.

Looks just like Estelle right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom