The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2016, 03:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

First off...Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and the entire Family!!! A sweet Baby Prince for Sweden!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
So happy. Both Vic and Maddie have had a daughter and then a boy. I wonder if CP and Sofia will be the same

At least Nicolas will have a playmate

I said to Mom they're all evens again until Sofia and Carl-Phillip's little one comes next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
52 centimetres is 20.47244 inches, and 3655 grams is just about 8 pounds 1 ounce. Now we just need the name.

Big Boy and Thank you so much for the measurements conversions for those of us challenged in that area. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I tend to think he was born on time. She announced September 7th. If she waited till close to the 3 month mark, the baby was conceived around May 7th. That number lines up for a March 3rd. or even a day or two earlier. She seems to have announced slightly earlier with Estelle.

No seems about it, I'm pretty positive she did because of a pretty big give away, how her hairstyle changed. Victoria went from her usual sleek and polished look one day, to fly away strands all over and a pretty unpolished finished hairstyle the next. There's fears of something in hair spray affecting the little one early in the Pregnancy, so when those pics of Crown Princess Victoria looking like that while on the job at Engagements were published, the rumour mill of a Royal Baby on the way hit Warp Speed 9.9.

Turned out for once, the rumours were true and there was a Little One on it's way. Which is why, when we were all wondering back during the Summer if Baby 2 was on it's way, we were joking if Victoria showed up w/flyaway hair at Engagements come September, we'd know for sure.

I can't wait to "meet" the new little Prince and learn his names and Title!! So happy all went well, everyone's okay and we have something to celebrate for a change. W/all going on in this World of ours, a little good news is so badly needed and what better than the Birth of a Baby? :)

Congratulations again to the Families and People of Sweden!!

Welcome to the World Little Prince!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 03-03-2016, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photo from the family
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCe-w3eP...-by=kungahuset
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=3&theater

The family has left home to Haga Palace, it seems that they managed to do it without the press noticing it.

Kronprinsessfamiljen hemma på Haga - Sveriges Kungahus

EDIT: HQ photo from the court
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....%2C+Sweden.JPG

It's great that they published a very similar photo now than when Estelle was born.

Margareta Thorgren tells that the photo has been taken by an aide-de-camp.
Första bilden på nyfödde prinsen _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Old 03-03-2016, 04:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Victoria looks wonderful!!!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:39 AM
Aristocracy

Awww, Daniel looks so proud, I'm so happy for them! Big sister Estelle looks a little tired, they must have woken her up to go meet little brother in the hospital. And Victoria, what an amazing lady, how does someone look that good a few hours after giving birth! She looks so very happy, on cloud nine. Can't wait to see the wee ones precious little face and hear his names and titles!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Frederik and Mary have a very busy official programme in Doha, but the first thing Mary was ready with this morning was a genuine warm-hearted greetings to Sweden's Victoria and Daniel

Video:
BILLED-BLADET Play – Danmarks Royale TV | Kronprinsesse Mary ønsker kronprinsesse Victoria og prins Daniel tillykke

- "It is absolutely wonderful. I am so happy. We are so happy. And we have sent our greatest congratulations and we share their joy. We have followed Victoria's pregnancy very close, so it's so lovely to hear a little boy has arrived well and safely into our world."
Old 03-03-2016, 05:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Congratulations from the family:
Familjens lyckönskningar - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Here is the link to SVT's live broadcast from the Cabinet meeting, it just started:
Konselj på slottet _ SVT Play

According to the court calendar Carl Philip will attend at the Cabinet meeting with the king. And the king, queen, Daniel, Estelle, Carl Philip, Sofia and Madeleine will attend at Te Deum.
http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender.4....2016%2F03%2F03
Old 03-03-2016, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

So a name and title will be announced in a while, or tomorrow?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
So a name and title will be announced in a while, or tomorrow?
soon we should know the name...
Old 03-03-2016, 06:21 AM
Courtier

Oscar Carl Olof, duke of Skåne!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oscar Carl Olof, Duke of Skåne. It is great there is Olof from Daniel, and in a way from his father too.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:22 AM
Commoner

Oscar Carl Olof. Skane? Probably duchy.

George R. R. Martin: "A Dance With Dragons"
Old 03-03-2016, 06:24 AM
Serene Highness

H.R.H Prince Oscar Carl Olof, Prince of Sweden, Duke of Skåne
(Gustaf VI Adolfs duchy)
Old 03-03-2016, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Court website
H.K.H. Prins Oscar Carl Olof, hertig av Skåne - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos from the Cabinet meeting here
Konselj och Te Deum för nye prinsen _ Nyheter _ Expressen

The Mistress of the Robes, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke said that prince Oscar has dark hair and very fine features. Cute ears, she usually looks at them.
Speaker Urban Ahlin said that Estelle was very excited and very happy. But she was also disappointed that the prince just closed his eyes and therefore could not look at the princess's drawings. Prime minister Stefan Löfven said that Daniel had said that it's an absolutely fantastic feeling to have one more child.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:25 AM
Courtier

I checked the press release for the correct spelling. It's Oscar Carl Olof :)
Old 03-03-2016, 06:37 AM
Courtier

A Boy for Victoria and Daniel: March 2, 2016

I must say that the Mistress of the robes, Baroness Kristin von Blixen-Finecke, has the poshest accent I've ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-03-2016, 06:37 AM
Serene Highness

Welcome to this world, Oscar!
Wonderful name :)!
BYe Bine
Old 03-03-2016, 06:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Totally disappointed. I was hoping for a more original name, like "Thomas". I also don't like that the baby has only 3 names. Oh well,I'll have to get used to it.

Anyone knows whicjh questions have been asked during the conference?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Totally disappointed. I was hoping for a more original name, like "Thomas". I also don't like that the baby has only 3 names. Oh well,I'll have to get used to it.

Anyone knows whicjh questions have been asked during the conference?

Tomas is an extremely ordinary Swedish name. There's Tomases everywhere.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I checked the press release for the correct spelling. It's Oscar Carl Olof :)
Love the name! Surprised Prince Oscar has three names.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Courtier

The King started out by mentioning the passing of his brother-in-law Prince Johan Georg von Hohenzollern.

After revealing his grandsons name and title he added that he hadn't met his newborn grandson yet because of a very stubborn flue.