The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2016, 12:04 AM
Commoner

Big congratulations to the crown princess couple! what a wonderful news!

Old 03-03-2016, 12:07 AM
Nobility

I am so happy for Victoria, Daniel, and their growing family! Estelle must be over the moon to have a little sibling.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Congratulations from prime minister Stefan Löfven
Gratulationer från statsminister Stefan Löfven - Regeringen.se
Translation

Doctor Lennart Nordström told that there was the same team at this delivery that was at the birth of Estelle.
- It was an easy thing because it went so fine. She came in the early evening and he was born at 20:28. So it is quite a fast delivery, even for a woman who has given birth before.
Nordström did not want to answer any medical questions whether Crown Princess Victoria got so called epidural anesthetic to ease the pains, but talked generally on childbirth and of Sweden's new Prince.
Who do you think that the child is like?
- It is difficult when they are newborn, but like his big sister.
Can you describe the boy?
- 3655 grams, it is an average Swede we can say. Boys should weigh about it.
He had hair on the head?
- Yes he had.
Is it dark?
- He was water combed so it was hard to say, the doctor joked
How long will the Crown Princess need to remain in the Hospital?
- We have not decided yet.
How was the Prince Daniel who supported at the birth?
- To have a child is usually a matter of two. And it was like at the last time. There are two people who support each other. He has been excellent, said Nordström.
Läkaren om Daniel_ _Har varit förträfflig_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Congratulatory lists at the Royal Palace
On Thursday March 3, congratulatory lists will be available at the Royal Palace of Stockholm to mark the birth of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's child.
Congratulatory lists at the Royal Palace - Sveriges Kungahus

The king had a visit to Halmstad at his calender on Thursday. Press secretary Daniel Urso told to Hallandsposten:
- We unfortunately have to announce that the King and the Minister's visit to Halmstad is postponed. We are grateful to both students and teachers at the Söndrumsskolan, Sturegymnasiet and Halmstad University who have worked hard for this visit. We look forward to make the visit in its entirety as soon as the planning permits, says Daniel Urso.
Kungen kommer inte till Halmstad - Halmstad - www.hallandsposten.se
Old 03-03-2016, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

A little boy! What wonderful news! Now for the revealing of his name and a glimpse. He was born a little early I think.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the Crown Princess couple. I am so happy they had a little boy. Now it is complete. A boy and a girl. Well, who knows, they might have more. LOL....
Old 03-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Small correction, the cabinet meeting is at 11:15.

The te deum is the thanksgiving ceremony held at the church. The te deum will follow the cabinet meeting and be held at 12:15.

Te Deum thanksgiving service Thursday March 3, 2016 - Sveriges Kungahus
What time GMT?
Old 03-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I tend to think he was born on time. She announced September 7th. If she waited till close to the 3 month mark, the baby was conceived around May 7th. That number lines up for a March 3rd. or even a day or two earlier. She seems to have announced slightly earlier with Estelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
What time GMT?
Stockholm is an hour ahead of GMT. So name at 10:15 for you and thanksgiving at 11:15.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I tend to think he was born on time. She announced September 7th. If she waited till close to the 3 month mark, the baby was conceived around May 7th. That number lines up for a March 3rd. or even a day or two earlier. She seems to have announced slightly earlier with Estelle.
Victoria's pregnancy was announced on 4th September 2015, just before the Sweden dinner in the evening.
The Crown Princess Couple are expecting a child - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 03-03-2016, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Stockholm is an hour ahead of GMT. So name at 10:15 for you and thanksgiving at 11:15.
Thanks alot
I cant wait
Old 03-03-2016, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel and Estelle! Lovely news!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Small correction, the cabinet meeting is at 11:15.

The te deum is the thanksgiving ceremony held at the church. The te deum will follow the cabinet meeting and be held at 12:15.

Te Deum thanksgiving service Thursday March 3, 2016 - Sveriges Kungahus
I may actually be awake for that - it'll be around 9:30pm here in South Australia. I cannot wait. I remember with Estelle, I was coming up to 8 months pregnant with my first son and was trying really hard to stay awake to hear what her name was!

This time I have a sinus infection and am taking very strong antibiotics, so I really need to keep myself awake!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The covers of the finnish tabloids
"Congratulations, Estelle, Victoria and Daniel It is a boy!"
http://static.iltalehti.fi/nakoisleh...d=201603030736

"Crown princess Victoria had her second child A little prince is born! Prince Daniel: We are incredibly grateful"
http://lehti.iltasanomat.fi/iltasano...custom_450.jpg

Charlotte Kalla, the swedish cross country skier, olympic champion and a Victoria scholarship winner, congratulated the happy family from Ski Tour Canada:
"What a wonderful news! Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel !", she says and continues: "I hope everyone is doing well and that they now have time to familiarize themselves with the new family member".
Charlotte Kalla hälsning till kronprinsessan Victoria _ Längdskidor _ Expressen

Galleries from the press conference
IBL Bildbyrå
ROYAL: Pressekonferenz mit Prinz Daniel

Expressen and Aftonbladet have live-TV's already now, there will be visits from experts during the day, they will show the love story of Victoria and Daniel over and over again, and the birth of Estelle and Daniel at the press conference yesterday.
LIVE-TV_ Sverige har fått en ny prins _ Live _ Expressen.tv
LIVE-TV_ Aftonbladet morgon
Old 03-03-2016, 02:08 AM
Heir Apparent

What a wonderful reason to wake up.

Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and the whole Swedish Royal Family.

Welcome on earth, little Prince.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:21 AM
Serene Highness

Oh, how wonderful. Congrats to the happy family!
BYe Bine
Old 03-03-2016, 02:31 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the family!

Estelle is in almost exactly the same position as I was when my younger brother was born. I was born in February and my brother was born in April, 4 years later.

It took me a while to adjust to having a little brother...hopefully Estelle adjusts faster than I did.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:44 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel. Wonderful news. The King and Queen are now being swamped with little ones. Future Christmases will be wonderful and chaotic with all the little ones together. Especially now that Sophie is expecting as well.
I am very happy for the new second time Mum and Dad.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Congratulations to the family!

Estelle is in almost exactly the same position as I was when my younger brother was born. I was born in February and my brother was born in April, 4 years later.

It took me a while to adjust to having a little brother...hopefully Estelle adjusts faster than I did.
The media was told before Princess Estelle.

Hopefully she was kept away from all forms of the media, including the internet.

Little brother is going to have a hard time being accepted if Estelle was the last one to know.

Congratulations to Princess Victoria and Daniel.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
The media was told before Princess Estelle.

Hopefully she was kept away from all forms of the media, including the internet.

Little brother is going to have a hard time being accepted if Estelle was the last one to know.

Congratulations to Princess Victoria and Daniel.
The little prince was born at 20.28, Estelle was probably sleeping already then.

At Expressen's live-TV it was just said that the court confirmed to them that the Statement of Witness, where the Marshal of the Realm, the Speaker of the Parliament, the Prime Minister and the Mistress of the Robes will meet the baby, will take place at the Haga Palace.

Svensk Damtidning tells, that Carl Philip and Sofia were having a dinner at restaurant Farang yesterday evening, when Carl Philip got a call.
Vi var med när prins Carl Philip fick beskedet _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 03-03-2016, 03:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The little prince was born at 20.28, Estelle was probably sleeping already then.

At Expressen's live-TV it was just said that the court confirmed to them that the Statement of Witness, where the Marshal of the Realm, the Speaker of the Parliament, the Prime Minister and the Mistress of the Robes will meet the baby, will take place at the Haga Palace.
Wasn't the press conference on Wednesday and the child was born on Tuesday?

If so Estelle was still in the dark.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Wasn't the press conference on Wednesday and the child was born on Tuesday?

If so Estelle was still in the dark.
No. The baby was born yesterday evening at 20.28, and Daniel held the press conference at 22.30. They had left to the hospital some hours earlier, Daniel said at the press conference that the delivery took about two hours. And I would guess that they had told Estelle that they left to the hospital to have a sibling for her, when they left the Haga Palace.

The witness statement will be done at Haga and no media are invited. It is a tradition that lives on, and that will be done before the cabinet meeting, Margareta Thorgren says.
What time is this done?
- I have no information that I can share.
Thorgren did not early on Thursday morning tell us about if the new parents are in the hospital or if already gone home to Haga.
- I have no information that I want to share with the current situation where they are, she says a bit tricky.
Have you heard the latest, how they feel?
- Yes, the crown princess is doing well. They are happy.
Prinsen välkomnas hem till Haga slott _ Nyheter _ Expressen

EDIT: Margareta Thorgren told to TT News Agency that Estelle has been at the hospital in the morning and met her baby brother.