The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2016, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
How much time before the event is a swedish royal christening usually announced? When were, for instance, Estelle/Leonore and Nicolas's christenings announced? A couple of months earlier?
Estelle was born on 23rd February, and the court gave a press release about her christening on 20th March (22nd May).
Leonore was born on 20th February, and the court gave a press release about her christening on 16th April (8th June).
Nicolas was born on 15th June, and the court gave a press release about his christening on 25th August (11th October).

And like I wrote to this thread earlier, Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen on 10th March, that "Earliest maybe after two weeks, we have something we can talk about the christening".

Old 03-21-2016, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning told last week that queen Silvia has commented the happiness about the baby: "It is a gift to get grandchildren. I'm so happy and grateful that everything has gone well with little prince Oscar and I am proud of my daughter".

Old 03-22-2016, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sweden's new prince "gets" two storks from the Stork project (The Swedish White Stork Reintroduction Program) in Skåne. Oscar, Duke of Skåne, will be a godfather to two storks at the project, according to a press release.
The Stork project is run by Naturskyddsföreningen i Skåne (The Society for Nature Conservation in Scania) and Skånes Ornitologiska Förening (Scania Ornithological Society) and supported by several municipalities in Skåne. Several private persons are already godparents to one or more storks.
Storkar till prins Oscar _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Video of the salute to Oscar on 3rd March, in Härnosand.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

A scan of the magazine "Svenskdam" featuring crown princess Victoria strolling around Haga with the pram. (Taken by Cotilleando):

http://www.cotilleando.com/foro/atta...-1-png.384094/
Old 03-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
A scan of the magazine "Svenskdam" featuring crown princess Victoria strolling around Haga with the pram. (Taken by Cotilleando):

The page I got was in Spanish and would not allow access???
Old 03-24-2016, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I had the same issue
Old 03-24-2016, 01:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I can't see the photo, but if it is from last week's issue - the photo was at the article and on the cover, this one, and at the article:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...df&oe=5797B1B3
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040...87926292214184

The photo is not new, it is taken of Victoria and Estelle strolling around Haga in the end of April 2012. Svensk Damtidning tells at their photo text, that the photo is of Victoria and Estelle, and I have seen the photo in 2012.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Love how they try and get readers in by using an old picture of Victoria and Estelle Of course the baby people are expecting the photo to be of is the tiny little circle.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks from the Crown Princess Couple, with a new photo of Victoria and Oscar, taken by photographer Kate Gabor:
Tack från Kronprinsessparet - Sveriges Kungahus
Thanks from The Crown Princess Couple - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photo
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg

Photo of Estelle and Oscar, taken by prince Daniel, from the court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=3&theater

Svensk Damtidning has made their article in a hurry "The first photo of the mother and daughter..."
Nya bilder på prins Oscar, Victoria och Estelle _ Svensk Damtidning
Första bilden på prinsessan Estelle och prins Oscar ihop _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Old 03-24-2016, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

The one with Estelle and Oscar is very cute. I see they are recycling the "royal pillow" which Chris carried during Nicolas's baptism but at some point wasn't sure where to leave it 😉

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-24-2016, 06:03 AM
Nobility

I love the pictures of Victoria, Estelle and Oscar. The sibling picture was cute, and Victoria looked great (love the earrings, would like to see more of the dress). I wish there were a picture of Daniel and Oscar.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Amazing Photos.They are so cute
Old 03-24-2016, 06:28 AM
Commoner

Very sweet photos.
Especially love that photo Prince Daniel took of Estelle holding Oscar. Somehow these pictures seem more natural and normal (I've noticed that most official photos the court publish seem to be over photoshopped. I prefer more natural images).
Hope to see also picture of Dad Daniel with Oscar.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:32 AM
Nobility

Lovely pictures. Oscar looks to be a good size already and I can't believe how grown up Estelle looks holding him. I expect she is a great help at looking after him.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:40 AM
Royal Highness

Estelle looks so cute holding her baby brother. She has such a lovely smile. She is going to be a great big sister.

I like that everyone is in powder blue.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree that the powder blue looks lovely on each of them. I wonder whether the official site will upload a high quality photo of Princess Estelle and her brother. At the moment it seems that the picture is only on he facebook page...
Old 03-24-2016, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Short video of the photos at TV4 News
Här är första bilden på Estelle och Oscar tillsammans - Streama TV4 Play
Old 03-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photo of big sister Estelle with Oscar.
the one of mother and son is cute too, but I see that they used way too much photoshop on Victoria

for being the first photos its a shame Daniel was not included
Old 03-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Such a beautiful photo of Victoria and her son. I wish they had done one though with Daniel and Oscar. Perhaps there are more to come There was a whole shoot with Estelle.

And I am so thrilled for my first Estelle and Oscar pic. I have bee waiting for this. She looks so grown up and so proud to be a big sister
Old 03-24-2016, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Beautiful photos. Estelle looks so happy.