A Boy for Victoria and Daniel - Oscar Carl Olof, Duke of Skåne: March 2, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are lovely photos but I was looking forward to a reprise of the first photos of Estelle with both her mother and father. What happened to Daniel this time around?

:previous: He was acting as photographer, or at least he was credited as photographer for the kids one. Hopefully will have a professional shoot soon.

It is such a great gesture, taken a "private pic" besides the official one - and deciding to publish it. It shows the naturalness of the CPssly couple!
The pic with the 2 siblings is sooooo adorable!
*** I am in love****

BYe Bine

I agree. I love Dan snapping pics like any proud dad. And them sharing those pics. The only downside is not getting to see the proud daddy in them.

Victoria and Daniel published photos of the first photoshoot with Estelle in two parts, maybe they will do the same this time too. They also knew that people were eagerly waiting for a photo of Estelle with Oscar. And maybe because of the events in Brussels they didn't want to publish for instance 5 photos just now.

I doubt it very much. I think that Princess Madeleine is the only safe bet.

I don't think Sofia/Chris/Dan will be chosen unless one of the siblings has 3 kids. Maddie is a sure bet for Oscar. And I think CP is likely to choose Victoria and if they have a second, Maddie.

This is just something that struck me, you can kind of see Victoria's full belly when she is holding her son. Just another good show of a woman not afraid to show the world her non perfect post baby body.
The pictures look very nice both Daniel and Kate are better photogs than Michael Middleton.

April Fool Joke today at Svensk Damtidning's Instagram:
Recently came the news that Prince Daniel's favorite band Kent ends it's career. In honor of the band the Crown Princess Couple has therefore, according to Svensk Damtidning, made a joint decision to give Prince Oscar one more name - Kent.
He will be called Oscar Carl Olof Kent.
However, it is unclear whether an additional cabinet meeting will be held to announce this.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDpL0B7pLEK/?taken-by=svenskdamtidning

You shouldn't have mentioned the April fool's part and seen who caught on:ROFLMAO:

Definitely a good laugh though it is still March for me.

Plans are underway for Oscar's christening:

Då blir dopet | Svensk Damtidning

SvD shot holes in an earlier claim that the baptism will be on June 7, the same date the king was christened. Apparently that date is booked, along with others in June.

Perhaps the christening will be in July? Nicholas was christened 4 months after his birth. (born in June, christened in October).

In July the royal family is on summerholiday probably in France and on the isle of Öland, where they will celebrate Victoria's birthday.
I know that the royal christenings mostly are celebrated before or after the summerholidays Carl Philip and Madeleine were christened on August 31st and Victoria even on September 27th.
(If you invite Royals for the christening you have to consider that they might be on holidays in July/August)

Last edited:
I think it's a safe bet that the christening for prince Oscar will be before the summer holidays, and that the next christening (Carl Philip and Sofias child) will be in the early autumn. I think the court will prefer to have them a few months apart.

Now when the Easter Holidays are finally over and the "normal" working weeks begin, maybe we will get the christening date soon. The King, Queen, Victoria and Daniel are attending at the regular meetings with the Office of the Marshal of the Court where they plan and coordinate the Royal Family's official programme. The decision of the date will be made at those meetings. According to the royal reporters those meetings are held normally every week.
I think that the christening will be in May or in the beginning of June, latest on 12th June.

It might also be that they have already decided the date and at the meeting they decide when it is made public.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia talked about Oscar to Expressen's Johan T Lindwall at the Royal Palace when she bought the first Mayflower pin.
How has the first time as a new grandmother to Oscar been?
- Overwhelming! Of course. It's been amazing. One is struck by how small they are. You forget it.
The queen points out that she and the rest of the family feel great gratitude that everything has gone well during pregnancy and childbirth.
- We are of course happy that he is doing well. And that even the crown princess is doing well.
What about Oscar?
- He is very cute! Queen says quickly.
- It's a sweet little boy. A fine little boy!
His name - Oscar Carl Olof - was chosen by Victoria and Daniel. The Queen recognizes that she and King are especially proud of their choice, Oscar and Carl are classic names of the family Bernadotte's side.
- We are pleased about the name! We grandparents have not gotten involved in it. I promise.
When Princess Estelle was born the Queen said she recalled a small porcelain doll. Is it even so this time? Who is Oscar really like?
The Queen laughs:
- That's the funny thing, sometimes he is very like his father, and sometimes he is very much like his mother. It varies.
I was struck by that Oscar is a lot like big sister Estelle. Does the queen agree?
- That said, it varies. Sometimes yes. Sometimes not. We'll see. We have to have some patience.
Drottning Silvia om prins Oscar_ _Är en söt liten pojke_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Johan T Lindwall was in Germany with Daniel at the inauguration of the children's book exhibition.
In a frank interview Daniel talked about the first times as a father of two.

Daniel laughs when he is asked what he and Victoria have made during their about a month long parental leave at Haga Palace.
- It's a little funny. As soon as we are not in official contexts all believe that we have free time, but of course, we have been home since Oscar was born, said Daniel with a small note that they work even if it is not listed in the court's official calendar.
How has this time been?
- It has been fantastic! We are of course delighted to have little Oscar. It has been a lovely time and Estelle is happy, just as we all others. We are fortunate to have two children.
What is the biggest change?
- Good question! Daniel says and thinks for a while.
Then he says:
- I think the key is to not just focus on one child, but one must give one's time to both. Really make sure you don't forget the other, in this case, Estelle. Just because the little one comes and takes a lot of time and space.
What Estelle has said? How does she feel for having become a big sister?
- She thinks it's great fun! She is very proud, of course.
A few days after Oscar was born court released photos of him and Princess Estelle. In social media, many stated that they are incredibly similar.
Daniel agrees.
- They are quite similar to each other. That's right!
To whom is Oscar most similar? Mom or Dad? The Queen told me the other day that it changes from day to day.
- Yes, you! I think Oscar is a combination of both of us. But I'll may hope that he will be more and more like mom.
Even this time Prince Daniel is planning to take parental leave, just as he was with Estelle.
- I'll definitely be on paternity leave, says Daniel firmly.
- Absolutely. We'll see how it will go with all the planning.
Once again, congratulations!
- Thanks! It feels really amazing.
Video of the interview
Prins Daniel om bebislyckan_ _Estelle är jättestolt_ _ kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/c6/e5/c6e587b1c8fd4674b9bb6308ed3f1708/502@70.jpg

Last edited:
I think Oscar is the carbon copy of Estelle now, and thus, looking like Daniel. If he is going to change like his sister, he will resemble his mom.

Prince Oscar Carl Olof is not the only Swedish Royal to have Olof as a middle name. Gustaf V Adolf was Oscar Fredrik Vilhelm OLOF Gustaf Adolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom