Your View Of An Ideal Consort

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Yes but they (were) are the most beloved members of the Royal House. As was Prince Bernhard by the way, a quite questionable character which enjoyed periods of an almost God-like status.

I think that the answer lies in the combination, the sum of the two. When the chemistry between spouse and consort is good, then mostly it will be good also in their "working" life.

Bringing the best about in their spouse and actively contributing to their (new) country (on a topic unique to them) and if possible on a global scale is how I would define the ideal royal spouse. To be able to do so, a loving marriage is a must and good relations with the rest of the royal family and people are essential elements.

Of the younger generation, the three roual spouses that most embody that to me are quern Máxima, prince Daniel and crown princess Mary. Their spouses clearly do better because of them and together with their respective spouses they seem to have created a loving family and serve their countries the best they can.

Máxima at times might overshadow her husband but doesn't try to assurp her husband's position in any way; instead she fully supports his role as king and is able to contribute to the world in her UN position.

Daniel isnt active on a global scale but clearly creates an environment in which Victoria and their children thrive and in the mean time he has his own themes that he advocates in Sweden.

Mary seems to have given the crown prince more self-confidence, my main issue with the couple is that they seem to spend a lot of time focussing on more trivial themes (but I assume they see that differently).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom