Your Favourite Royal Palace

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CSENYC

Nobility
City
New York
Country
United States
Of the royal palaces in Europe, which would you most like to live in? Which is the most stylish? Which is the most imposing?

My favorite is Castle Peles in Romania, in part because it's one of the few that I've toured inside and outside. It's absolutely stunning.

Others?

I have a list on my laptop that I'll have to look for but off the top of my head id say the Winter Palace and Hampton Court. There is another one in Russia I like I think it might be called The Catherine Palace or something like that.

My favourite royal palaces are:

- Drottningholm Palace
- Hampton Court Palace
- Charlottensburg Palace
- Buckingham Palace
- The Royal Palace of Amsterdam

Edit: I have been browsing through the Serbian Royal Family's official website and a link bought me to one of their palaces, "the White Palace". It gets a place on my list as I think it looks lovely from the inside and out. Here's a link to photos (and information) of the palace:

http://royalfamily.org/index.php?en_the-white-palace,25

Last edited:
Most Impressive {by a country mile} - Versailles
Ones I'd like to live in - Petit Trianon [France]
- Queluz [Portugal]
- Pavlovsk [Russia]
- Haga Pavilion Drottningholm [Sweden]

Last edited:
My favourite palace is the Royal palace in Oslo, because I like the architecture, the colour, the fact that you can walk right round it and it is in such a lovely elevated position. I think it is great that there are no high gates or railings in front of it too.

So many to chose from

The Winter Palace
The Palace of Versailles
The Palacio Real de Madrid
The Schönbrunn Palace
The Charlottenburg Palace
The Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso
Buckingham Palace

I totally forgot about Versailles, but if I owned it and lived there I would have to rent out rooms for like 100 people, that place is huge and insane.

The Royal Palaces of the Serbian royal family!

I like the small palace that Beatrix lives in now. It is either hexagonal or octagonal. I saw pictures of the interior on a thread some months back. Lovely interior and exquisite furnishings. Nothing looks worn out or archaic, but all is lovely and gracious.
The public rooms at Berg in Luxembourg are nice. Public doesn't see the private rooms.

I like the Amalienborg complex in Copenhagen, The three palaces that make up the complex are each elegant yet cozy and livable and together make a very dignified setting for the Danish monarchy. I also like that upon succession no one has to move. When Frederik and Mary come to the throne they will stay where they are and young Christian will eventually get to live in the palace of QMII and Prince Henrik.

Yes, NGalitzine, that's the proper way to house the generations of the royal family.

Of the royal palaces in Europe, which would you most like to live in? Which is the most stylish? Which is the most imposing?

My favorite is Castle Peles in Romania, in part because it's one of the few that I've toured inside and outside. It's absolutely stunning.

Others?

I like the Royal Palace of Brussels.

The Royal Palace of Brussels and the Balmoral Castle.

I totally forgot about Versailles, but if I owned it and lived there I would have to rent out rooms for like 100 people, that place is huge and insane.
Perhaps Sanssouci in Potsdam would be an alternative, it's a lovely palace which reminds a bit of Versailles but in a smaller scale, and the gardens surrounding it is magnificient. It's my second alternative after Neuschwanstein Castle. Here's a YouTube from the interior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_Guflar7c

The old Czarist palaces were all something to see, particularly the Alexander Palace at Tsarskoe Seloe, the Winter Palace, and the Czars' vacation home at Livadia in the Crimea.

I also think Osborne House on the Isle of Wight(Britain) is very lovely, and the waterfront Swedish palaces make me go limp with envy!:).

Last edited:
The place the first comes to mind for me, although maybe not a royal palace per se, is the Castle of Mey. Something about it just draws me there.

If that castle doesn't count, I'll go with Balmoral. The countryside of Scotland is someplace that has always appealed to me. ?

Palacio de Pena in Sintra, Portugal.

Palacio Real, Madrid and Palacio Real de Aranjuez(Aranjuez, Madrid)

My favourite royal palaces are:
La Zarzuela Palace, Madrid
Royal Palace of Madrid
Balmoral Castle
Kensington Palace
Buckingham Palace
Windsor Castle
Amalienborg Palace
Fredensborg Palace
Drottningholm Palace
The Royal Palace of Stockholm

Last edited: