The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I hope that Russia again will have an royal family ... maybe a Romanov again?
Oh, I also want this event will happen some day!
Let's hope for the best, Archduchess Zelia!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would love for France to become a Monarchy again. Just for the wonderful parties.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I would love for France to become a Monarchy again. Just for the wonderful parties.
You mean MARIE ANTOINETTE's time, don't you?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Honestly, probably none. How much could it cost?

But whe still have imagination so why not...
Austria, Russia maybe France.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
You mean MARIE ANTOINETTE's time, don't you?

Yes quite possible.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Yes quite possible.
Limutqueen you mean all her parties?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Yes quite possible.

Thank you, lumutqueen!
Hope your dreams come true one day!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Nobility

Yes, I agree, Vive l'roi y vive l'fete! (pardon moi bad French). For the really lively times I'd say go back to the grand affairs of Louis XIV. Tell France it's time to party like it's 1669! What's wrong with some style, some glamour, some pizazz? A bunch of dull politicians in business suits just can't compete with it ..imo.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Courtier

I hope so too, but it would take some huge political upheaval to make it happen
Old 08-08-2009, 02:37 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry to disappoint you but the French surely don't wish those times back I don't think France is likely to be monarchy again
Old 08-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Really? I'd have thought a little bit of extra grandeur would fit right in with the French psychie. And it doesnt mean that Liberte, egalite, fraternite would have to go out the window. I think monarchies have just as much freedom than those in republics. Maybe we'll even see a fleur-de-lis in the white stripe of the flag in the future?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

No, I'm sorry but I don't think this will ever happen. Anyway my french friends and their families never spoke about monarchy or that they would wish monarchy back. BUT - and thats a bit funny IMO - they're quite interested in it (foreign monarchies mainly). I was so surprised what they know about Lord Mountbatten for example (here in Germany nearly nobody knows him). But I can only speak for what I've heard from my french friends and when I traveled to France. Maybe a french member here will correct me, if I'm wrong
Old 08-15-2009, 02:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would like to see the monarchy restored in Russia. If nothing else to give them some sort of stability. But then I would be afraid the same thing would happen to the new royal family that happened to the Czar and his family.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Courtier

There shouldn't be any deja-vu moments with the early 1900s if the monarchy were restored - it would alomst certainly be a constitutional monarchy. The only real question would be to figure out who the new Czar/Czarina would be?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:17 AM
Commoner

which country is likely to become a monarchy again, and why?

It will be need an amount of work. The history showes us a lot of cases of monarchies being changed to republics. But the developping to a monarchy, being a republic, is more difficult. There's a possibility in Brasil, although it's America. The last emperor worked a lot for the country, and the imperial family takes the example; the monarchy has sense if it makes the difference, if the people find in this system a national identity, a modern approach to traditions. The born of Brazil was a decision of the brasilian people and among of them was the first emperor: the tradition based in freedom.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Austria, Russia maybe France.
Totally agree, those would be my choices. Austria and Russia because of their past splendour, and France...wow, just imagine how glamorous would be a French monarchy nowadays...
Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

Austria and Russia are more likely to become monarchies again.I totally disagree with you about France,though.Sorry,JMHO.

I had no idea about Brazil's case,Pomerania.Thanks for the information.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Commoner

Quite frankly, I think the trend is rather the other way, sadly.
"Austria" ,remember, was far more than the Austria of today; and the Habsburg Pretender, the Archduke Otto, made no move when there was at least a glimmer of hope of a restoration to the Hungarian throne right after the fall of Communism. Now he is very elderly and his heir has several character and behavior "issues" it seems.
The Romanovs were (and are) handicapped by the lack of a widely accepted and credible Pretender.
The Savoys of Italy are divided with the "senior line" Pretender, Prince Victor Emmanuel thoroughly discredited by both a "mesalliance" and his own stupid behavior. The Aosta branch is much more promising.
However, if any country might restore its monarchy Serbia seems the most likely in my opinion.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Courtier

If Prince Emanuele Filiberto doesn't have male Heirs, the Aosta branch will succeed to his claims naturally, without any dispute.
As for the Romanovs, I doubt the lack of a single accepted candidate would be an obstacle, should Russian people decide to reinstate Monarchy: it is more likely than not that a Romanov who has done most for the country would have a preferential chances, regardless of the legitimacy of his claims. There is not a single Romanov among the current ones that would qualify under all Imperial Succession Laws, so there couldn't be an 'accepted candidate' in any case.

Although Archduke Otto is one of the most respected and fascinating Royals for me, I have to agree with your opinion concerning Austria’s prospects of restoration.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Commoner

Good reply..and good to see a knowledgeable commentator!
My remarks about the Savoys involve Prince EF as well: his lack of gravitas and the marriage to a six-month pregnant actress did not help. An organization called "The Senate of the Kingdom of Italy" ( the surviving life-time Senators appointed before June 1946 ?) formally declared their allegiance to the Aosta branch.
Sad in that now male members of the dynasty can live in Italy.
As for the Romanovs, IMHO the concept of Monarchy involves a definite Monarch. Itis true that all of the current Romanovs would not pass muster under the old house law.
For that reason "for my money" I'd go with Prince Nicholas Romanov as putative Emperor...as unllikely as this is.
As for the Habsburgs, they are an international Dynasty...hard to identify with any particular country: the current Austria is much tooo small to have an "Emperor". A union of Austria, Hungary, Croatia,Slovenia and Bohemia ( the Czech Republic) would be the nearest modern equivalent.

Well...as I said..perhaps the drastically pared back Serbia might look at the Karageorgevitch House.

Tags
constitution, future, pretender, restore, royalist