The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
And why should they? He got his chance and abuse his powers, he could blame nobody but himself.
Well I suspect some blame could be put on the military who launched a coup and established a dictatorship.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

For restoration I would give a slim outside chance to Serbia and perhaps more especially Montenego as both have granted special status to their former reigning dynastys. I think the possibility in Montenegro might be a bit better since it is a very small country looking to raise its profile among the states of Europe.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Out of all these countries who actually can have a chance at becoming officially royal ?
Romania
Greece
Russia
Germany
Austria
Portugal
Brazil
Italy
Yugoslavia
Old 09-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Not Yugoslavia, it doesnt exist any longer. So add Serbia to your list
Old 09-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

After the birth of heir to the one of supposed heirs to the Georgian throne,I believe Georgia could be taken into account as well.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Commoner

Monarchies likely to be restored

I would like to see the return of the Russian monarchy, and the Italian monarchy perhaps. Well I would really like to see all monarchies restored but that is not going to happen.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Hmmmmm...

I really don't see any of them being restored. All were overthrown for valid reasons and a cost/benefit analysis would show that, generally speaking, they cost more than they bring in (in my world, that means they are more dilutive, or non-accretive.)

There would have to be a tremendous groundswell of strong emotion, backed by a rational case, to make that happen. Right now, what I am seeing is an international groundswell of strong emotion of anger and unrest due to failing economic conditions. Unless some former Royal family has a solution for that situation, I place chances at zero.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Montenegro seems to be moving in a monarchist direction.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain View Post
Among the native Hawaiians there is great support for the restoration of the monarchy. Also, I think Tahiti could perhaps see it's royal family back on the throne.
How would that work for the United States though, were it to happen?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:55 PM

I would assume the United States would not take it very well if Hawaii were to become a monarchy again. I don't think the United States would like one of their states to be a monarchy. They would have to change a lot for that to happen even if the US allows it to happen.

~Elizabeth II
Old 10-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Roku XIV View Post
How would that work for the United States though, were it to happen?
Legally not possible I understand. Also don't forget that native hawaiians (the ones most likely to support a restoration) are outnembered by white Hawaiians by some large figure (ie maybe 10:1)
Old 10-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
NotYugoslavia, it doesnt exist any longer. So add Serbia to your list
I'd like to see Serbia and Montenegro restore their monarchies simulteneously. It would be a symbolic rejection of the last 100 years of horrors.

We realise now that it is not monarchies which have been the problem, but our political and corporate class who have more power over us than absolute monarchs ever did, and are a bigger danger to our liberty. Peter Hitchens did talk recently about how "apart" from us politicians are these days, and while royals may be "apart" from commoners, both royals and commoners can be considered (in my view) more "normal" than today's real power classes.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
I would assume the United States would not take it very well if Hawaii were to become a monarchy again. I don't think the United States would like one of their states to be a monarchy. They would have to change a lot for that to happen even if the US allows it to happen.
It would be very strange for Hawaii to be a monarchy, but still an American territory, a monarch subservient to a president, very strange indeed.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
First off, it would be illegal. Hawai'i would have to succeed from the union, and that is not going to happen. Could their former royal family be given some kind of courtesy status ? That already happens when the state does statewide ceremonies, a representative of the former royal family is always given a high place of honor at the ceremony.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:57 PM

Monarchies restored

I myself would love to see The Shabanou and her family return to Iran.It would wonderful if these many monarchies had a chance to be reborn.Where there is life there is hope. I also agree that Ethiopia and Serbia and Vietnam would be blessed as well. There is nothing wrong with keeping hope alive and wishing for the best for all the Monarchies in need.Who knows what the future will hold, anything is possible.Whether it happens or not we keep it alive in our hearts who support the Monarchies that we love and respect.I would have to say to that Serbia would be the closest to be reborn.Let us hope so for everyone that we love in Royalty-for that exists in the heart-the only true Throne is the one that is carried in dignity and honor for all people no matter who they are.Best Wishes to all Royal families in the end of and coming year may they be blessed to do the best for all they care for-My People are my Only Care-Elizabeth the 1st.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
NotYugoslavia, it doesnt exist any longer. So add Serbia to your list
It's the same House.
-John Hancock, upon signing the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776
Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Legally not possible I understand. Also don't forget that native hawaiians (the ones most likely to support a restoration) are outnembered by white Hawaiians by some large figure (ie maybe 10:1)
True, but many Native Hawaiians want sovereignty anyway (as Native Americans have on reservations on the mainland). It's possible to gain a good deal of legal control over native affairs within the context of a white majority society.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzwxec View Post
First off, it would be illegal. Hawai'i would have to succeed from the union, and that is not going to happen. Could their former royal family be given some kind of courtesy status ? That already happens when the state does statewide ceremonies, a representative of the former royal family is always given a high place of honor at the ceremony.
Wouldn't that be equivalent to granting a title of nobility, which the US Constitution prohibits?

Of countries that could become monarchies again- didn't Montenegro just give some official status to its royal family?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSENYC View Post
Wouldn't that be equivalent to granting a title of nobility, which the US Constitution prohibits?

Of countries that could become monarchies again- didn't Montenegro just give some official status to its royal family?
Yes they did, from the Wikipedia article on Crown Prince Nicholas II of Montenegro:

"On the 12 July 2011 the Parliament of Montenegro adopted the Law on the Status of the Descendants of the Petrović Njegoš Dynasty. [2][3]
The law "regulates the important issues regarding the status of the descendants of the Petrović-Njegoš dynasty, for the historical and moral rehabilitation of the Petrović-Njegoš dynasty for whom their dethroning was contrary to the Constitution of the Kingdom of Montenegro, a violent act of annexation in the year 1918." (Article 1).

The law recognises the descendants of King Nikola I in the male line and their wives as the descendants of the Petrović-Njegoš dynasty (Article 2), and appoints the eldest male heir, namely Prince Nikola II, as the representative of the dynasty (Article 5). It also affirms the House law of the dynasty by defining the succession to the headship of the dynasty as being passed down through the "male heir of the oldest male heir" (Article 5). The law protects the use of the heraldic symbols of the dynasty by the representative of the dynasty, Prince Nikola II (Article 6).

Article 8 allows for members of the dynasty to obtain Montenegrin citizenship and also to be dual-nationals of other nations without losing their Montenegrin citizenship. This is of particular relevance today as all of the members of the dynasty currently also hold French citizenship.
The law also creates the non-political (Article 10) Petrović-Njegoš Foundation (Article 9), an organisation chaired by Prince Nikola II (Article 10), with its aim to "affirm the Montenegrin culture and participation in humanitarian and development activities in the interest of Montenegro and its traditions" (Article 9).

From Montenegro's exchequer, the law allocates 4.3 million euros over a seven year period to the Petrović-Njegoš Foundation (Article 11). In addition, Prince Nikola II is entitled to a monthly income equivalent to the gross monthly earnings of the President of Montenegro (Article 16).
The Petrovic-Njegoš Foundation has its seat in Montenegro. "The Descendants of the dynasty are given the continuous use of the house of King Nikola I Petrović-Njegoš in Njeguši...its gardens...and meadow-land."
"Descendants of the dynasty will have built for them a family home in Cetinje...and be given an apartment in Podgorica" (Article 12).
To carry out their official functions Prince Nikola II has the right to use State objects and resources and "the exclusive right of use of the first storey" of the Petrović Palace (Dvorac Petrovića) in Podgorica, "and when protocol requires, use of the ground floor with priority over other users" (Article 13).
The law allows for Prince Nikola II to act as a representative of the Government of Montenegro and perform other protocolar and non-political functions (Article 7). The first such undertaking was made by the Prince in July 2011 when he represented the Prime Minister of Montenegro, Igor Lukšić, at the requiem of Otto von Habsburg, former Crown Prince of Austria-Hungary.

When performing functions on behalf of the Government, Prince Nikola II and the other members of the dynasty are afforded full State protocol (Article 15)." "
Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lox View Post
Do you think that there is any country in the world that will become a monarchy - again or for the first time?
I can easily North Korea becoming an absolute hereditary monarchy. Practically speaking it already is.

Tags
constitution, future, pretender, restore, royalist