The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2019, 12:27 AM
Aristocracy

Honestly, I'm just waiting for the Habsburgs in Austria to receive the same treatment as their Romanian and Serbian counterparts with recognition within the constitution. Considering that 20% of Austrians would support a restoration, this would be a step in the right direction.

-Frozen Royalist

Old 03-20-2019, 05:58 AM
Serene Highness

Where do you have that number from?
I can assure you there is no support for a monarchy in Austria. Most people would laugh their heads off about such an idea.

Otto von Habsburg was a highly respected man but even he had no chance to restore the monarchy.

And considering the last emperor/empress stole the crown jewels when they left in 1918 what kind of treatment should the Habsburgs receive?. That for any thieves?
I think it was already very generous of Austria to allow the last empress to be buried in the Kapuzinergruft.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Where do you have that number from?
I can assure you there is no support for a monarchy in Austria. Most people would laugh their heads off about such an idea.

Otto von Habsburg was a highly respected man but even he had no chance to restore the monarchy.

And considering the last emperor/empress stole the crown jewels when they left in 1918 what kind of treatment should the Habsburgs receive?. That for any thieves?
I think it was already very generous of Austria to allow the last empress to be buried in the Kapuzinergruft.
I mean this poll:
https://www.efe.com/efe/english/patr...00268-3809622#
Old 03-25-2019, 11:06 PM
Aristocracy

Well, currently 5% of the Mexican population would support the nation becoming a constitutional monarchy, considering there aren't any real pretenders this isn't surprising.

On the plus side, there is a new political party known as the Imperialist Party seeking to do a restoration and judging from the photo there are at least young members so that's at least a good sign. I just hope they have a good PR strategy if they seek to establish a Third Mexican Empire which would rather be interesting in my opinion. Still, it is good to hear that there are still some Mexican monarchists after all these years and I wish them the best of luck.

https://www.sdpnoticias.com/nacional...rtido-politico

-Frozen Royalist
Old 03-26-2019, 01:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Royalist View Post
Well, currently 5% of the Mexican population would support the nation becoming a constitutional monarchy, considering there aren't any real pretenders this isn't surprising.

On the plus side, there is a new political party known as the Imperialist Party seeking to do a restoration and judging from the photo there are at least young members so that's at least a good sign. I just hope they have a good PR strategy if they seek to establish a Third Mexican Empire which would rather be interesting in my opinion. Still, it is good to hear that there are still some Mexican monarchists after all these years and I wish them the best of luck.

https://www.sdpnoticias.com/nacional...rtido-politico

-Frozen Royalist
Its not an issue of heir. But the real lack of imperial history to restore. Besides colonial control, Mexico doesn't really have any deep royal connection to restore. There have been 2 emperors of Mexico, neither of whom ruled for long. One was emperor for a year, and the other for 3. They were both deposed and executed.

There is a claimant recognized by any imperialists. Maximilian Gotzen-Iturbide. The Iturbide dynasty are the family of the first of the 2 emperors, Augustin. Maximilian adopted two of Augustin's grandsons as his heirs. The eldest died childless. The youngest Salvador has female line descendants. Maximilian is the grandson of his eldest daughter (through his mother). He has two sons as well as a sister with seven kids. But Maximilian is a Hungarian-Australian business man with no interest in a claim, and only real connection beyond heritage to Mexico is a few business holdings.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:41 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its not an issue of heir. But the real lack of imperial history to restore. Besides colonial control, Mexico doesn't really have any deep royal connection to restore. There have been 2 emperors of Mexico, neither of whom ruled for long. One was emperor for a year, and the other for 3. They were both deposed and executed.

There is a claimant recognized by any imperialists. Maximilian Gotzen-Iturbide. The Iturbide dynasty are the family of the first of the 2 emperors, Augustin. Maximilian adopted two of Augustin's grandsons as his heirs. The eldest died childless. The youngest Salvador has female line descendants. Maximilian is the grandson of his eldest daughter (through his mother). He has two sons as well as a sister with seven kids. But Maximilian is a Hungarian-Australian business man with no interest in a claim, and only real connection beyond heritage to Mexico is a few business holdings.

The Spanish Duke of Moctezuma de Tultengo, Juan José Marcilla de Teruel-Moctezuma y Valcárcel is a descendant of the Aztec Emperor Moctezuma II.

Tags
constitution, future, pretender, restore, royalist

« Royal tragedies | - »