The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Don't think Greece will ever be a monarchy again. At least not with the exiled Royal Family as the Rulers. But i think that Greece should start to be proud of their history and restore Tatoi Palace and it's surroundings to it's former splendour and turn it into a museum over the Greek Royal history.

If there is a country that actually may go from a republic back to a monarchy i think it's Romania.

Sadly i also think that my own country (Sweden) may turn into a republic. I think Victoria will reign but om not sure if there will be a monarchy left for Estelle :(
Absolutely agree with you about my country and Romania. But why you say that about your country?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:51 AM

Imperial India?

I was wondering, if a dramatic change in the republic of India, could they ask for the royal family to come back? I mean there would have to be a terrible thing to happen considering they wanted independence, but theortically if something happened, could Queen Elizabeth become Queen-Empress Elizabeth?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Highly unlikely, IMO! They are a proud, independent nation of 1.2bn, and unlikely to seek a foreign head of state. If they wanted one, they could anoint Sonia Gandhi.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Anything is possible - in theory - but as they fought so hard and so long for independence and also were determined to be a republic I doubt that they would ever consider accepting the British monarch back. There are a number of home grown royals they could put into that position if they wanted to become an 'empire' or 'monarchy' again.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Majesty

Why would India need a restoration of the foreign monarchy?
Old 05-19-2015, 01:44 AM
Heir Apparent

What about Montenegro? Don't they live the country to?
Old 05-22-2015, 12:10 AM
Commoner

In regards to some of the comments on the 1'st page of this thread:

NOT ALL MONARCHIES WERE/ARE/ARE GOING TO BE NECESSARILY HEREDITARY!!

Elective monarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I personally like the idea of creating a mixture of BOTH variations of Monarchy!!
Old 05-22-2015, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Very intrested article thanks Tuf Pic.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

A few questions for posters from Germany and Austria:

Does anyone think that one day the law that abolished the nobility and forbids the use of titles may one day be changed in Austria to allow people to use their titles again?

Similarly, in Germany, how would people feel about legal recognition of the use of old titles, for example say, Alexander Prinz zu Schaumburg-Lippe using the form Prinz Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe?

Finally, if the German constitution were amended to allow individual lšnder to have a monarch as ceremonial head, alongside a minister-president, which states would be most likely to adopt one? I'm guessing that Bavaria is the clear favourite, but are there any other regions where monarchist sentiment is present? Saxony?

Thanks
Old 05-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
A few questions for posters from Germany and Austria:

Does anyone think that one day the law that abolished the nobility and forbids the use of titles may one day be changed in Austria to allow people to use their titles again?

Similarly, in Germany, how would people feel about legal recognition of the use of old titles, for example say, Alexander Prinz zu Schaumburg-Lippe using the form Prinz Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe?

Finally, if the German constitution were amended to allow individual lšnder to have a monarch as ceremonial head, alongside a minister-president, which states would be most likely to adopt one? I'm guessing that Bavaria is the clear favourite, but are there any other regions where monarchist sentiment is present? Saxony?

Thanks
In Germany these titles still exist as part of the persons surname. Only in Austria they are forbidden (but still used anyway). The diplomatic form has always been to use titles after the first name, so the present practice isn't all that peculiar. Restoration of monarchies in Germany on a state basis? King of Bavaria, Grand Duke of Hesse etc. I think it would be great but it's not going to happen. It's gone and will not return.

Gerard
Old 05-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Which country is likely to become a monarchy [again] and why? I personality believe none will. I think, in this present climate, an overtake dictatorship would be more likely whether political or religiously driven. JMHO
Old 05-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you are spot on Winnie
Old 05-30-2015, 03:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho Hibbele View Post
In Germany these titles still exist as part of the persons surname. Only in Austria they are forbidden (but still used anyway). The diplomatic form has always been to use titles after the first name, so the present practice isn't all that peculiar. Restoration of monarchies in Germany on a state basis? King of Bavaria, Grand Duke of Hesse etc. I think it would be great but it's not going to happen. It's gone and will not return.

Gerard
Thank you for your answer. I fully agree that it is not going to happen but I was wondering whether, other than Bavaria, there are any parts of Germany where monarchist sentiment for the 'local' royal house exists, not as a political 'movement' necessarily.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
Thank you for your answer. I fully agree that it is not going to happen but I was wondering whether, other than Bavaria, there are any parts of Germany where monarchist sentiment for the 'local' royal house exists, not as a political 'movement' necessarily.
Well, I feel the Germans are besotted with Royalty, as long as it's not their own. I've encountered many Germans who take an interest in their local history and in for instance Prussian history, but it never seems to be joined by a longing or sentimentality about the lost monarchies. In Lippe, where a Prince is still residing in the old castle, I've heard people refer to him and they kind of like that he's still there, but it doesn't go any further than that.

Gerard
Old 06-02-2015, 09:32 PM

Russia

With Nationalism rising in Russia due to political issues and several heirs to the Russian throne still exist, including Maria Vladimirovna and Nicholas Romanov, there is a possibility that one day in the not to distant future, say 15-20 years Russia could become a constitutional Monarchy a evren further step from the dark ages of Stalin and the communist gulags, and USSR disintegration, that could also give more morale to Russian citizens and lead to better relations with the European powers.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Majesty

Perhaps, people of the Russian Federation should call the Zemsky Sobor and elect a new dynasty to rule. It is worth noting that "the dark ages of Stalin and the communist gulags" left lovely space programme and a base for developing military weapons.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

The problem with Russian monarchism is that there's so much infighting within the family making it unclear who the monarchists should be supporting and making them come across as a bit petty and unfit to rule.

I think if the Romanovs are serious about wanting a restoration they have to go a long ways towards getting their act together first.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:01 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
The problem with Russian monarchism is that there's so much infighting within the family making it unclear who the monarchists should be supporting and making them come across as a bit petty and unfit to rule.

I think if the Romanovs are serious about wanting a restoration they have to go a long ways towards getting their act together first.
I don't think that being a Republic is their biggest problem at the moment....

Gerard
Old 06-03-2015, 08:43 AM
Majesty

Russia is not a Republic. Russia is a Federation.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Russia is not a Republic. Russia is a Federation.
A federation of republics...

Tags
constitution, future, pretender, restore, royalist