The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-01-2018, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post

I found it interesting that while Eduard of Anhalt is the last of the Askanians in the purely male line, he is recognized as the first Head of a House to introduce the female inheritance successfully. Not sure though if he chose semi-salic or equal inheritance. But it seems Katharina and her son will find no problems to claim the family's titles once her father dies. Not sure though if that counts for the officially democratic Federal Republic, though (meaning: name in passport).

It was of course easier for Eduard to change the House Laws as he was the only dynast so no need to consider the opinion of others like in Saxony. I think there also a reason who played in was that Timo and Rüdiger etc. had no contact to the main line and where consedered as black sheep by them not only because of their marriages but also of other reasons.

What i wonder at first Prince Johannes Heinrich of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha anotehr nephew of the late Margrave of Meißen was choosen as Heir but he died at an climbing accident in 1987. I wonder if hew ould have been accepted by the other Family membes. After all he was also a Wettine in the male line albeit not from the albertine line.