The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSENYC View Post
I wouldn't blame US society for the healthcare debacle. Rather, members of one party in power decided to implement a health care plan without paying any attention whatsoever to representatives of the other party in government (or its voters), and so the result is what should be expected when one side, representing about 50% of the country, (1) is completely ignored and run over in a major policy decision that affects their lives and wallets significantly and (2) then partially returns to power.

That said, I cannot see Congress- or anyone- picking a nonpartisan head of state without great difficulty, so I think that you should give us Prince William and Kate and have a hereditary system!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the ACA as I do agree with you.

Regarding the U.S. having a constitutional monarchy-NO. Having a separate HoS-Yes.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
With respect... your countrymen made your feelings towards English Royals perfectly plain in 1775, and The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are - a} unlikely to wish to raise their children in a foreign country and -b} are already heirs to the British Crown.

If you plump for a royal family how about the Kardashians.. they seem to be wildly popular [although perhaps lacking the requisite gravitas?}

I do believe that we'd also say no to the Spanish and former French royal families as well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I do believe that we'd also say no to the Spanish and former French royal families as well.
And a big no to Queen Mother Kris Kardashian.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 6,948
The article is interesting. However, the suggestion to have a non-partisan President is not achievable.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
With respect... your countrymen made your feelings towards English Royals perfectly plain in 1775, and The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are - a} unlikely to wish to raise their children in a foreign country and -b} are already heirs to the British Crown.

If you plump for a royal family how about the Kardashians.. they seem to be wildly popular [although perhaps lacking the requisite gravitas?}
The feelings expressed in the 1770s were against royalty at that time, and many English citizens in England fought to reduce the power of the monarchy throughout the 1700s and 1800s.

I'd guess that Queen Elizabeth is just as popular in the US as in the UK.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,048
I actually already think of our President and First Lady as our King and Queen of America or as the Father and Mother of the Nation. Although their reign only last 4 to 8 years.

I do think we need to reevaluate our American system.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,031
In fact, President is like the King.
Temporary, but the King.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,346
As a matter of fact, the US already has my favorite King and Queen. Namely Burger King and Dairy Queen.

Sorry... couldn't resist.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As a matter of fact, the US already has my favorite King and Queen. Namely Burger King and Dairy Queen.

Sorry... couldn't resist.
that was a good one.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 01-05-2014, 07:35 PM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,194
I dont consider the President and his family as royalty. Maybe the U.S. Needs a monarchy in order to fix its major problems. Obviously choosing a new person to become the next President really doesnt fix anything since when they are campaigning for votes from the people, they will say anything just to get in. Once they have won and become President, everything they promised seems to be dumped at the curb and instead more problems are made. Maybe having a monarchy would end those problems, who knows. On the other hand if we did have a monarchy, we would have to hope and pray that the monarch isnt greedy amd ruthless and selfish etc. O.k. that is a difficult decision.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 01-05-2014, 07:46 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,306
It isn't that you need a non-partisan president, it's that you need a president that can implement the policies that got him elected. Minority leaders never do well and the way the elections seem to go in the US is that the power to implement presidental policy is rarely given.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 01-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,808
A monarchy solves nothing. As these present monarchs do nothing. The Prime Ministers have the power. Paying out a great deal of money for what? Now, who would be you king, Kapaa? What a foolish comment, sorry. It is not a difficult decision, if you can read and know history. Those who have monarchs, have them from a very long time ago. They went forward with Constitutional Monarchies making their monarchs, figure heads at best. Our nation was founded on the basis of getting rid of a monarch. Have you not learned that? I am amazed at this silliness.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 01-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,048
Presidents really want to do the things they campaigned on but once they get in that Oval Office and take a long look at the problems they face, reality kicks their butts. It also don't help when Congress and the people don't pull together to help get things done.

It takes the people to change the country for the better, not just relay on the President to change things. A King & Queen sounds great but I'm not sure it would change much.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:54 PM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,194
Im sorry you think that my response was silly COUNTESS. I was making a comment about having a monarch or not. If the monarchy of Hawaii had not been overthrown we would probably srill have one and in my opinion, which I am allowed to have, the people would be in a much better place than they are now. Hawaiis monarchs were always concerned about the welfare of the people and not about financial or material gain. The Hawaiian monarchs always had the power to decide what was best for the people and did not rely on others to tell them what to do until the westerners came along and imposed their views on how a kingdom should be run. Unfortunately the last King was forced to give power to a group of wealthy and greedy missionary men he had appointed to his privy councel and it was done through gunpoint. In the end after he died his sister became Queen for a short time and those same westerners who supposedly came here to do good ended up forcing her to abdicate and imprisoning her through force by use of the American military and then proceeded to name a president to take over who happened to be a missionary decendent and the U.S. took over. If that had not happened and the kingdom had stayed in tact, iy would be a far better place considering the monarchy had a very civil and honourable way of doing things. By the way, did you know that at the time of the last few monarchs of Hawaii they took the lead of the United Kingdom? No, Im sure you didnt. The way they had progressed from being, as they were called, heathens, to the point of being very much English in manner and dress was amazing. Did you also know that Queen Victoria was the Godmother of our little Prince Albert who only lived to four years of age? And did you also know that Hawaii kept the union jack as part of our flag because they felt a closeness to the United Kingdom? A little less sarcasm would be nice since obviously you do not know how Hawaii was back then and how it is now besides swaying palms and hula dancers. Believe it or not, alot of us can only wish we had our King again knowing how it would benefit our little islands in the midlle of the ocean. A president does nothing for us and quite frankly, this one who happens to have been born and raised here can do nothing for us. I really dont think that Im being silly, do you?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:00 AM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,194
Oh, and sorry about any incorrect spelling, your comment made me a little angry and I was trying to type too fast.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:45 PM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 5,978
Hmm, it is easy to forget that Hawaii had it's own hereditary Royal Family. I assume they are still there, albeit with no political clout whatsoever. Or, were they destroyed and their wealth spread among the "deserving" US government officials?
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,457
CasualFan, you are correct about amending the Constitution. It's been a long time since I studied government.

I do like the UK system of the Prime Minister's party having the majority of Parliament or a coalition. That solves the gridlock problem that we have had for several years..
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-06-2014, 06:35 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
CasualFan, you are correct about amending the Constitution. It's been a long time since I studied government.

I do like the UK system of the Prime Minister's party having the majority of Parliament or a coalition. That solves the gridlock problem that we have had for several years..
That is right and that is really what I was referring to in my previous post. It seems that in recent years you've had the worst outcome imaginable. To an outsider it looks like a president has no power at home; maybe that's why presidents get involved in politics overseas.

But the main reason in many ways for US "gridlock" and the UK "coalition is that main political parties now all claim the middle groups which is where the majority of the population sit.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Im sorry you think that my response was silly COUNTESS. I was making a comment about having a monarch or not. If the monarchy of Hawaii had not been overthrown we would probably srill have one and in my opinion, which I am allowed to have, the people would be in a much better place than they are now. Hawaiis monarchs were always concerned about the welfare of the people and not about financial or material gain. The Hawaiian monarchs always had the power to decide what was best for the people and did not rely on others to tell them what to do until the westerners came along and imposed their views on how a kingdom should be run. Unfortunately the last King was forced to give power to a group of wealthy and greedy missionary men he had appointed to his privy councel and it was done through gunpoint. In the end after he died his sister became Queen for a short time and those same westerners who supposedly came here to do good ended up forcing her to abdicate and imprisoning her through force by use of the American military and then proceeded to name a president to take over who happened to be a missionary decendent and the U.S. took over. If that had not happened and the kingdom had stayed in tact, iy would be a far better place considering the monarchy had a very civil and honourable way of doing things. By the way, did you know that at the time of the last few monarchs of Hawaii they took the lead of the United Kingdom? No, Im sure you didnt. The way they had progressed from being, as they were called, heathens, to the point of being very much English in manner and dress was amazing. Did you also know that Queen Victoria was the Godmother of our little Prince Albert who only lived to four years of age? And did you also know that Hawaii kept the union jack as part of our flag because they felt a closeness to the United Kingdom? A little less sarcasm would be nice since obviously you do not know how Hawaii was back then and how it is now besides swaying palms and hula dancers. Believe it or not, alot of us can only wish we had our King again knowing how it would benefit our little islands in the midlle of the ocean. A president does nothing for us and quite frankly, this one who happens to have been born and raised here can do nothing for us. I really dont think that Im being silly, do you?
Funny, I have a very close friend who was born and raised in Hawaii as were her parents. She has the opposite view that you have. You has enlightened me that may are never taught all the main lands history, correctly in Hawaii. You have no idea what you would be without your situation, today, nor do I. Other than a wonderful spot for vacationing, I cannot think of another thing you add. A king, is not quite the way you would imagine it to be. And how would it benefit your islands???? Who would protect you???? Part of alliances are protection. If you do not like your situation, form a party to succeed from our nation. I hate to tell you, but millions of visitors from here, the main land come every year and drop millions of dollars in your budget, what do you want?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,301
Does America need a King ---- No
__________________

__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
monarchist, politics, royal, royalist tea party, united states


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
British Royalty and the United States ysbel British Royals 63 11-20-2014 04:04 PM
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia's Visit to the United States: May 8-11, 2013 Lumutqueen King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 42 05-28-2013 05:10 PM
United Arab Emirates and The Gulf States kashmiri Royal Genealogy 26 03-05-2013 12:11 PM
Prince and Princess of Asturias's Visit to the United States: June 20-23, 2012 lula King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family 78 07-15-2012 02:20 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary evening dresses crown princess mary eveningwear crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events current events thread danish royal family death duchess of cambridge fashion poll felipe vi gothia cup grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe and queen letizia king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction national day norwegian royals opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince henrik princess charlotte of cambridge princess madeleine princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary eveningwear princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia maternity wear princess sofia pregnancy style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal royal fashion sheikha moza state visit sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge eveningwear the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises