The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2018, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

Please dont believe anything Nigel Farage says. Everything he does is for his own benefit.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katymcwaity View Post
Please dont believe anything Nigel Farage says. Everything he does is for his own benefit.
How does that make him different to most politicans and people?

Old 07-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Really?
And there's so many news articles about it!

Guess I am one of those naive people who tends to believe what I read.
I apologize.
It all depends on where in Sweden you live. The three big cities (Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö) have way more crime than little towns in the periphery regions.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:27 AM
Aristocracy

Let's just face it, the closest America will come to being a monarchy is a nepotistic republic and especially under a certain and "special" family from New York City.

Except for maybe 13% of the US population, the majority of of Americans don't want a monarchy. Even though I'm an American monarchist I realize that an American Empire, United Kingdom of America or whatever you want to call it would not happen unless it was forced. Who knows that may just happen considering most of my fellow Americans are getting turned off by the idea of democratically elected government, I'm personally against the idea of authoritarian coups but I think you guys get the idea.

I suppose there would be an off chance if we ever balkanize then there could be a nation that becomes a constitutional monarchy but that nation would most likely be Hawaii. Actually a Californian Kingdom sounds rather awesome with the bear flag being modified with a crown and all, I know it probably won't happen in the even of Californian independence but I can still have an imagination

-Frozen Royalist

P.S. Forgive me I was confused about whether this forum was about establishing an American monarchy or just Americans and foreign monarchies in general.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
There has been women who ran for president way before this. Somewhere along the way I think people forgot.

LaRae
People didn’t forget. It wasn’t the same thing. Like her or not, Hillary Clinton is a trailblazer of her time and accomplished something no other woman has done.

In terms of monarchy, despite the political turmoil this country has experienced and the uncertainties lay ahead, I can’t imagine US will become a monarchy. It just goes against the founding pillars of this country.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Really?
And there's so many news articles about it!

Guess I am one of those naive people who tends to believe what I read.
I apologize.
I thought this was debunked when the comment was first made? It was simply a false rumor our President started spreading that had no basis in stats or facts after he watched a distorted and inaccurate special on Fox the night before (this came in form of a tweet IIRC). And I believe some in Swedish government were quite upset by it understandably.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
People didn’t forget. It wasn’t the same thing. Like her or not, Hillary Clinton is a trailblazer of her time and accomplished something no other woman has done.

In terms of monarchy, despite the political turmoil this country has experienced and the uncertainties lay ahead, I can’t imagine US will become a monarchy. It just goes against the founding pillars of this country.
One might presume that loftier, or, shall we say, less questionable trailblazers, who do not snicker at the opponent's untimely demise at the national TV, are required to found a royal house.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post

I don't see it happening either but it is still interesting how the US president has somewhat comparable power to that of a king a few centuries ago while the current monarchs in western countries (except for the small princedoms of Monaco and Liechtenstein) don't have that power any longer. So, it's no longer a hereditary system but the American system is still rather comparable to that of a monarchy in previous times.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:26 AM
Majesty

^^^^^ Indeed you have point. The US seems to be 'ruled by decree' (Executive Order) by a Head of State with far more scope to order what he wills (right down to demanding his perceived enemies be locked up). That is far more power than almost all Kings, Queens, Princes and Arch-duke's Regnant have in the western world.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
With a apolitical constitutional monarch, what a country has is a monarch that represents *all* of the people, *all* of the time. A head of state that is outside politics and referendums and differences of opinion on how the country is run but represents everything that is about that country as a whole.

In the US we have the two sides of the aisle in the House of Representatives and the Senate and a party affiliated President with executive powers. If the two sides of our law making bodies can't agree on anything, there's going to be a whole lot of pissed off people with a president that can "enforce" something on his own "will and pleasure" according to the rules of executive powers.

For the people, by the people and of the people has long since disappeared.

The US definitely could use Felix the Cat right about now and his magic bag o' tricks. He couldn't do any worse than what we already have.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
^^^^^ Indeed you have point. The US seems to be 'ruled by decree' (Executive Order) by a Head of State with far more scope to order what he wills (right down to demanding his perceived enemies be locked up). That is far more power than almost all Kings, Queens, Princes and Arch-duke's Regnant have in the western world.

No, the President does NOT have that power. Donald Trump just *thinks* he does. And I'm not being sarcastic.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
No, the President does NOT have that power. Donald Trump just *thinks* he does. And I'm not being sarcastic.
He's just another one in the line of several who think they do/did...anyone expressing shock about this has not been paying attention.

LaRae
Old 01-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Majesty

No shock, merely awe at the utter dearth of unders
Old 01-17-2019, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
He's just another one in the line of several who think they do/did...anyone expressing shock about this has not been paying attention.

LaRae
Donald Trump has taken it to new heights. Or perhaps "lows" would be the better word .
Old 01-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Donald Trump has taken it to new heights. Or perhaps "lows" would be the better word .
I don't know about that...I haven't compared all past presidents who used the power to circumvent the Constitution ...I'm guessing he is no better or worse than the rest of them.

LaRae
Old 01-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Let's keep the sitting American president out of this thread & move on.

Tags
monarchist, politics, royal, royalist tea party, united states