The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Royals Before Diana (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/royals-before-diana-2887.html)

ulik 07-06-2004 04:21 AM

Royals Before Diana
 
Describe here how Royals were before Diana, styles, walkabouts, engagements, and others.

I saw Letizia receiving flower from a little girl and she reminds me a lot of Diana. In fact i think all princessess today are in Diana style.

glossypinky 07-06-2004 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ulik@Jul 6th, 2004 - 3:21 am
Describe here how Royals were before Diana, styles, walkabouts, engagements, and others.

I saw Letizia receiving flower from a little girl and she reminds me a lot of Diana. In fact i think all princessess today are in Diana style.

Before Diana,royals were more personal and private.They never showed emotion.They never touched an ill or seriously sick person,and they never really were as loving as Diana was about kids.There's a lot of difference in engagement too.Diana always got the biggest crowds out to see here.No one really felt the same way about royalty after Diana.They got more interested.Especially in Britsh royals.

Princess Haya 07-06-2004 09:56 PM

I agree that Diana showed the Royals a different way of doing things but I do feel that this has also caused a lot of problems. Princess's like Anne who have worked their tails off for many years for causes like Save the Children etc are now considered to not be good enough because they are not "touchy feely" like Diana and new princess's like Mary, Letizia, Mette-Marit & Maxima are expected to live up to some "Ideal Princess formula" that is based on everything that Diana did and the way she did it.

sara1981 07-06-2004 09:59 PM

i agree with glossypinky!

Princess Diana allowed to touch with children and people with shakes if have aids nor hiv whatever have cancer patients because Diana was champion aids and hiv since 1981 when Diana got married to Prince Charles.

Princess Diana was popular Princess than Royals Princess or Countess because many people loves her more lots!

She very more private person and she very riches! her father very riches and wealthy man when she was little girls.

i read Diana's dresses that she is Queen of styles because she is popular Princess the American People chose Britain Princess Diana because she really first place for best dresses than worse dresses she been collectors her beloved dresses since she got married to Prince Charles in 1981 but she sold her old dresses in Christies in England and New York but she earned over 5 millions she really riches! because she needs new dresses than old dresses in 1981 to 1996.Diana chose dresses for pictures for christies before she split and divorces to Prince Charles but Diana kept dresses till her marriages over.And her old dresses at Althorp and Kensington Palace many people went see her dresses display i went Kensington Palace last November 2002 its so cool! but its display only! but i cant enter Diana's apartment its private house you know that!

when she got married to Prince Charles she collect daytime dresses to David Sasson or whatever Princess Diana chose designer in 1980's when Diana got married into Royal Family they later Diana chose favourite designer Catherine Walker, Gianni Versace, Jacques Azagury because the designer knew "Diana had great legs very thinner legs!" but her daytimes dresses at Althorp where she buried many people went see her daytime dresses history what she wores.

im so sure i wanted going see Althorp! but i wanted met Princess Diana's brother since i got christmas cards from him! when i come home from England but im so lucky! but im wishes i would become Crown Princess one day! they become Queen of England one day!

Sara Boyce

glossypinky 07-07-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sara1981@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:59 pm
i agree with glossypinky!

Princess Diana allowed to touch with children and people with shakes if have aids nor hiv whatever have cancer patients because Diana was champion aids and hiv since 1981 when Diana got married to Prince Charles.

Princess Diana was popular Princess than Royals Princess or Countess because many people loves her more lots!

She very more private person and she very riches! her father very riches and wealthy man when she was little girls.

i read Diana's dresses that she is Queen of styles because she is popular Princess the American People chose Britain Princess Diana because she really first place for best dresses than worse dresses she been collectors her beloved dresses since she got married to Prince Charles in 1981 but she sold her old dresses in Christies in England and New York but she earned over 5 millions she really riches! because she needs new dresses than old dresses in 1981 to 1996.Diana chose dresses for pictures for christies before she split and divorces to Prince Charles but Diana kept dresses till her marriages over.And her old dresses at Althorp and Kensington Palace many people went see her dresses display i went Kensington Palace last November 2002 its so cool! but its display only! but i cant enter Diana's apartment its private house you know that!

when she got married to Prince Charles she collect daytime dresses to David Sasson or whatever Princess Diana chose designer in 1980's when Diana got married into Royal Family they later Diana chose favourite designer Catherine Walker, Gianni Versace, Jacques Azagury because the designer knew "Diana had great legs very thinner legs!" but her daytimes dresses at Althorp where she buried many people went see her daytime dresses history what she wores.

im so sure i wanted going see Althorp! but i wanted met Princess Diana's brother since i got christmas cards from him! when i come home from England but im so lucky! but im wishes i would become Crown Princess one day! they become Queen of England one day!

Sara Boyce

You got Christmas cards from Diana's brother?How? :o

sara1981 07-07-2004 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by glossypinky+Jul 7th, 2004 - 12:38 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glossypinky @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 12:38 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sara1981@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:59 pm
i agree with glossypinky&#33;

Princess Diana allowed to touch with children and people with shakes if have aids nor hiv whatever have cancer patients because Diana was champion aids and hiv since 1981 when Diana got married to Prince Charles.

Princess Diana was popular Princess than Royals Princess or Countess because many people loves her more lots&#33;

She very more private person and she very riches&#33; her father very riches and wealthy man when she was little girls.

i read Diana&#39;s dresses that she is Queen of styles because she is popular Princess the American People chose Britain Princess Diana because she really first place for best dresses than worse dresses she been collectors her beloved dresses since she got married to Prince Charles in 1981 but she sold her old dresses in Christies in England and New York but she earned over 5 millions she really riches&#33; because she needs new dresses than old dresses in 1981 to 1996.Diana chose dresses for pictures for christies before she split and divorces to Prince Charles but Diana kept dresses till her marriages over.And her old dresses at Althorp and Kensington Palace many people went see her dresses display i went Kensington Palace last November 2002 its so cool&#33; but its display only&#33; but i cant enter Diana&#39;s apartment its private house you know that&#33;

when she got married to Prince Charles she collect daytime dresses to David Sasson or whatever Princess Diana chose designer in 1980&#39;s when Diana got married into Royal Family they later Diana chose favourite designer Catherine Walker, Gianni Versace, Jacques Azagury because the designer knew "Diana had great legs very thinner legs&#33;" but her daytimes dresses at Althorp where she buried many people went see her daytime dresses history what she wores.

im so sure i wanted going see Althorp&#33; but i wanted met Princess Diana&#39;s brother since i got christmas cards from him&#33; when i come home from England but im so lucky&#33; but im wishes i would become Crown Princess one day&#33; they become Queen of England one day&#33;

Sara Boyce

You got Christmas cards from Diana&#39;s brother?How? :o [/b][/quote]
yeah&#33;

i really totally surprise&#33; my grandmother&#39;s family is Spence and Diana&#39;s last name is Spencer but its CLOSE&#33; my family comes from Scotland that why&#33;

but im wishes i would become Royal Family one day im wishes&#33;

Sara Boyce

ulik 07-08-2004 12:11 AM

Diana sure did set a standard for Royals&#33;

But surely not in having so many affairs area :)

Iain 07-08-2004 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by glossypinky+Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:16 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glossypinky @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:16 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ulik@Jul 6th, 2004 - 3:21 am
Describe here how Royals were before Diana, styles, walkabouts, engagements, and others.

I saw Letizia receiving flower from a little girl and she reminds me a lot of Diana. In fact i think all princessess today are in Diana style.

Before Diana,royals were more personal and private.They never showed emotion.They never touched an ill or seriously sick person,and they never really were as loving as Diana was about kids.There&#39;s a lot of difference in engagement too.Diana always got the biggest crowds out to see here.No one really felt the same way about royalty after Diana.They got more interested.Especially in Britsh royals. [/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t agree at all. It may be true that British royals never showed emotion or touched people but that can&#39;t be said about the other royals in Europe who were always more approachable and down to earth even before Diana. And I&#39;m sorry, but Diana was an actress who really only played to the audience. Any time she went to a "secret" visit to a hospital the press always received an "anonymous" phone call to tell them she was there. Any journalist will tell you that, and they will also tell you that the call came from Diana herself.

Chatleen 07-08-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iain@Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:22 am
I don&#39;t agree at all. It may be true that British royals never showed emotion or touched people but that can&#39;t be said about the other royals in Europe who were always more approachable and down to earth even before Diana. And I&#39;m sorry, but Diana was an actress who really only played to the audience. Any time she went to a "secret" visit to a hospital the press always received an "anonymous" phone call to tell them she was there. Any journalist will tell you that, and they will also tell you that the call came from Diana herself.
I agree with you. I&#39;ve been looking online for pictures of the late Queen Ingrid, when she as a Crown Princess in the 1930&#39;s were helping out in the most southern part of Jutland in Denmark (where both Graasten and Schackenborg is situated). By then, this area was really, really poor. I know, that I have seen pictures of her giving out clothes etc., really participating in the practical work.

Diana set a new standard for princesses being in the media etc. But she didn&#39;t set any standard on how to do the job as a princess.

mgrant 07-08-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iain+Jul 8th, 2004 - 9:22 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iain @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 9:22 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by glossypinky@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:16 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-ulik
Quote:

@Jul 6th, 2004 - 3:21 am
Describe here how Royals were before Diana, styles, walkabouts, engagements, and others.

I saw Letizia receiving flower from a little girl and she reminds me a lot of Diana. In fact i think all princessess today are in Diana style.


Before Diana,royals were more personal and private.They never showed emotion.They never touched an ill or seriously sick person,and they never really were as loving as Diana was about kids.There&#39;s a lot of difference in engagement too.Diana always got the biggest crowds out to see here.No one really felt the same way about royalty after Diana.They got more interested.Especially in Britsh royals.

I don&#39;t agree at all. It may be true that British royals never showed emotion or touched people but that can&#39;t be said about the other royals in Europe who were always more approachable and down to earth even before Diana. And I&#39;m sorry, but Diana was an actress who really only played to the audience. Any time she went to a "secret" visit to a hospital the press always received an "anonymous" phone call to tell them she was there. Any journalist will tell you that, and they will also tell you that the call came from Diana herself. [/b][/quote]
Well if Diana was an actress playing to an audience, I was a willing listener.

I agree that there are many other European royals who were just as personable and down to earth, but I did not hear about them, only Diana. That does not make her any less than the others.

As far as the British monarchy was concerned, she was a breath of fresh air and that was sorely needed. She opened them up and exposed them for all the world to see, warts and all. :P

glossypinky 07-08-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iain+Jul 8th, 2004 - 9:22 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iain &#064; Jul 8th, 2004 - 9:22 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by glossypinky@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:16 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-ulik
Quote:

@Jul 6th, 2004 - 3:21 am
Describe here how Royals were before Diana, styles, walkabouts, engagements, and others.

I saw Letizia receiving flower from a little girl and she reminds me a lot of Diana. In fact i think all princessess today are in Diana style.


Before Diana,royals were more personal and private.They never showed emotion.They never touched an ill or seriously sick person,and they never really were as loving as Diana was about kids.There&#39;s a lot of difference in engagement too.Diana always got the biggest crowds out to see here.No one really felt the same way about royalty after Diana.They got more interested.Especially in Britsh royals.

I don&#39;t agree at all. It may be true that British royals never showed emotion or touched people but that can&#39;t be said about the other royals in Europe who were always more approachable and down to earth even before Diana. And I&#39;m sorry, but Diana was an actress who really only played to the audience. Any time she went to a "secret" visit to a hospital the press always received an "anonymous" phone call to tell them she was there. Any journalist will tell you that, and they will also tell you that the call came from Diana herself. [/b][/quote]
Diana called the press because she was trying to promote her cause.She knew that if there were photographers,people will see how the patients she were seeing were suffering,and she didn&#39;t do it all the time.Only for certain reasons.Diana also used to call the press to tell them where she&#39;ll be,which were lies.That way,she can secretly visit a hospital without the press hounding her,while the press were at the false location Diana was at. :wacko: .

grecka 07-08-2004 07:04 PM

I think it&#39;s a little one-sided to speak ill of Diana. Look, she&#39;s been dead for seven years, I think it wouldn&#39;t kill people if they would just keep their criticisms to themselves. In Greek households, we call that respect for the dead.

Chatleen 07-08-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by grecka@Jul 8th, 2004 - 7:04 pm
I think it&#39;s a little one-sided to speak ill of Diana. Look, she&#39;s been dead for seven years, I think it wouldn&#39;t kill people if they would just keep their criticisms to themselves. In Greek households, we call that respect for the dead.
So you can say the worst things about the living, if you only keep quiet on the dead. In my household we call that hypocritical ;)

Elspeth 07-08-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Princess Haya@Jul 6th, 2004 - 6:56 pm
I agree that Diana showed the Royals a different way of doing things but I do feel that this has also caused a lot of problems. Princess&#39;s like Anne who have worked their tails off for many years for causes like Save the Children etc are now considered to not be good enough because they are not "touchy feely" like Diana and new princess&#39;s like Mary, Letizia, Mette-Marit & Maxima are expected to live up to some "Ideal Princess formula" that is based on everything that Diana did and the way she did it.
I agree. Diana turned royalty into celebrity, and that&#39;s traditionally been considered quite a dangerous place for royalty to go, for good reason. Celebrities are at the mercy of the latest fashion and whim of publicists; royals don&#39;t need to become celebrities because celebrities already exist. If that&#39;s the main reason for royalty, I can&#39;t see it lasting.

grecka 07-09-2004 01:51 AM

And in my household, we realize that people who are dead can&#39;t defend themselves and it&#39;s a little disrespectful of the man upstairs to speak ill of those who&#39;ve passed. You may call it hypocrisy, but I call it respect. People who are alive can speak for themselves, people who are dead can&#39;t, and, aside from that, we Greeks and many other religous people consider it dishonorable, disrespectful, futile, and down-right deceitful to disrespect the dead, who should be allowed to rest in peace. That means not rehashing, smearing, or disrespecting those who are dead and are therefore part of the past. I can see no greater instance of rehashing and disrespecting the dead that with Diana. Look how people have painted her over the past decade since she died. She&#39;s been the whore, the unfit mother, the unstable person, the plotter, the one who gave nothing. The fact is that we should remember her as a woman who did her best. Who tried to make a contribution and did in many sectors. We should leave it at that out of respect for her and her family, who, no doubt, are abhorred by the lack of respect for her memory. So just cut the trashing her, it doesn&#39;t do any good, it just makes you look like a bitter person with no respect for anyone.

Princess Haya 07-09-2004 03:08 AM

Quote:

The fact is that we should remember her as a woman who did her best. Who tried to make a contribution and did in many sectors.
I agree grecka but it also works two ways. We don&#39;t need to see Diana (or anyone else) held up to us as a goddess, a saint, etc. :flower:

grecka 07-09-2004 08:54 PM

Exactly. I don&#39;t believe that people need elevate her to goddess status, and to be frank, I am a bit revolted by the whole celebrity worship thing. I&#39;m merely saying let the dead rest in peace.

Julian 07-11-2004 02:19 AM

Nobody "turned" royalty into celebrity. That is nothing but a total falsehood. Other princesses do exactly what they want as far as defining their public roles nowadays.

And as far as the talk about hypocritical here by some, I think it&#39;s very hypocritical myself for some people to be saying "very nice speech" when the Queen makes comments at a fountain ceremony but then make the exact opposite comments days later when they&#39;re back in regular mode.

Elspeth 07-11-2004 03:59 AM

Quote:

Nobody "turned" royalty into celebrity. That is nothing but a total falsehood.
No, it isn&#39;t a total falsehood. Diana went to great lengths, including lying to her own and the Queen&#39;s staff, to manipulate press attention and coverage in order to promote the image she wanted to promote and to damage other people in the process. She also made quite a habit of publicising her private life if she thought it would help her image. Largely as a result of her influence, people seem to be focussed on the entertainment value of the private lives of the royal family these days as opposed to their public life.

Quote:

Other princesses do exactly what they want as far as defining their public roles nowadays.
I&#39;m sure Princess Masako would have something to say about that. I gather Princess Mette-Marit has been complaining about the constraints that go along with her position. Who are these princesses who do exactly what they want?

wymanda 07-11-2004 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Julian@Jul 11th, 2004 - 2:19 pm
Other princesses do exactly what they want as far as defining their public roles nowadays.

I beg to differ there. How often do we see magazine headlines reading "Is ........ the new Diana"? It has been said about Mary, Maxima, Letizia and about public figures like Jemima Khan & Caroline Kennedy. There doesn&#39;t seem to be any way these young women can be themselves and put their own stamp on being a Crown Princess - They must mould themselves into a Diana clone.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises