Royal Christmas Cards

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duchess Sophie

Courtier
City
On the border...
Country
Belgium
Can we post here pictures that were used by royals for their christmas cards??

This is the swedish royal family´s christmas card from 1999

Attachments

• 1999 2.jpg
    1999 2.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 2,668
do the royals send the cards to each family living in their country or do you have to purchase it???

Spanish Christmas cards :
I'm not sure in which year the first one was taken.

Attachments

• post_4_1070085620.jpg
    post_4_1070085620.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 4,247
  • SP_juan_carlos_sofia_104.jpg
    SP_juan_carlos_sofia_104.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 4,274
  • spain1.jpg
    spain1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,641
  • xtma03g.jpg
    xtma03g.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,627
ILoveCristina said:
Spanish Christmas cards :
I'm not sure in which year the first one was taken.
good x-mas cards. do you have more?

This is Christmas card of Monaco Princely family from 1967.
I have problems to compress it. So I cut it in two parts..sorry for that..

Maybe someone can put it together and compress..

Attachments

• Christmas card from 1967.JPG
    Christmas card from 1967.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 1,260
Last edited:
This is Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's Christmas card for 1965.
This is a picture of the one received by the Duke of Windsor.
You can tell it was sent to a family member because it's signed "Lilibet" instead of "Elizabeth R"

Attachments

• 1965xmascardtodukeofwindsorlilibet.jpg
    1965xmascardtodukeofwindsorlilibet.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,208
Actually no (I got them on this forum), I am impatiently for this year's one to "come out"!!

Christmas Cards

Does anybody have any photos of the royals' Christmas Cards? Some nice, clear ones. I'd like to see them but they only ones I can find are blurry.

Thanks,
Ani :D

Prince of Wales Christmas Card (2003 & 2004)

Prince of Wales's personal Christmas card, for the second year running. The photograph taken by Mario Testino on the grounds of Highgrove House and features the Prince of Wales, Prince William and Prince Harry. Clarence House states that is a private photograph, and as in previous years, newspapers may wish to make a voluntary donation to The Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation, which willl go towards providing water for a school in Rajasthan, India.

Attachments

• 2137436.jpg
    2137436.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 731
British Royal Christmas Card 1960

The card features Queen Mother sitting outdoors with her grandchildren, Prince Charles, Princess Anne and Prince Andrew on her lap and a dog.

Attachments

• 858228_b.jpg
    858228_b.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 733
Prince of Wales and Princess Diana Christmas Card in 1991

Prince Charles and Princess Diana Christmas Card 1991

Attachments

• 481401_b.jpg
    481401_b.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 941
pdas1201 said:
Prince of Wales's personal Christmas card, for the second year running. The photograph taken by Mario Testino on the grounds of Highgrove House and features the Prince of Wales, Prince William and Prince Harry. Clarence House states that is a private photograph, and as in previous years, newspapers may wish to make a voluntary donation to The Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation, which willl go towards providing water for a school in Rajasthan, India.
Great find pdas1201! :)

If you look in this thread, last year Yennie posted some Christmas cards from the Wales family in years past, including seveal with Charles and Diana and the boys in their childhood.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98&page=1&pp=20&highlight=christmas+cards

ILoveCristina said:
Does anybody know when the Spanish Christmas card comes out?
It should be coming out sometime this week.

It is always released a few days before Christmas Eve. I expect by Tuesday or Wednesday we should get a glimpse of it.

Any guesses on what it might be? In previous years (well, since having grandchildren) the King and Queen always posed with their grandchildren. Last year thy posed at Zarzuela by themselves however.

Perhaps with the addition of Letizia this year we'll see a new family picture?

{Response to deleted post removed - Elspeth}

And now I post hear a Christmas card from Princess Grace.

Attachments

• 255010.jpg
    255010.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 686
Last edited by a moderator:
They are not royal but they have also a christams card. Very romantic card 2004-2005, and without their children.

Attachments

• 51832679.jpg
    51832679.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 787
Yennie said:
This is the swedish royal family´s christmas card from 1999
It's very green the background of the card, which I guess not the case in December. They have also a light cloths. Do you think they made (always) the christmas card in summer or was it in studio? :)

Attachments

• 1999 2.jpg
    1999 2.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 901
abir said:
It's very green the background of the card, which I guess not the case in December. They have also a light cloths. Do you think they made (always) the christmas card in summer or was it in studio? :)
I think this picture was just taken before a special occasion in the summertime and when it was the holidays they decided to use it as their Christmas card image.

I think this picture was taken in Christmas season

Attachments

• kal_dec.jpg
    kal_dec.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 571
The Royal Swedish Tree

Attachments

• weihnacht.jpg
    weihnacht.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 741
I can't wait for see the spanish royal famely card, maibe Filipe and Letizia gona have one just for them.

Based from my observations, I think the only royal families that release their own christmas cards up to this present times are: (if there are more pls. do write)

1. British Royal Family
2. Swedish Royal Family
3. Spanish Royal Family

If there are other royals, I think that was in the past not anymore at this times.

I would just like to ask if the Danish Royal Family has tried even once to have a christmas card of their own.

The Christmas Card from the Spanish Royal Family for the next year!!!!!

Attachments

• cris-1a.jpg
    cris-1a.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 745
  • cris-2a.jpg
    cris-2a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 451
Thanks, Regina!

You mean this year :)

The King and Queen had written "Felices Pascuas y Ano Nuevo 2005" :D

Regina said:
The Christmas Card from the Spanish Royal Family for the next year!!!!!
Thanks Regina for staying on top of things!

I am a little bit disappointed by this card however. While it is nice that it includes all the members of the family, including the Infantas and their children, it doesn't seem "special" like cards from previous years have been.

Even if they didn't have time to pose for a more Christmasy image at least they could've used one of the formal portraits from Felipe and Letizia's wedding.

Back
Top Bottom