Royal Selfies & Photos Taken by the Public

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Diana looks SO THIN in this photo!!!! I knew that she was thin, but GEE!!!

That is one of those "lifesize" cardboard cutouts of Diana!

Wonderful!

:) Thank you so much for the wonderful thread! Such a great idea! I'm addicted now, can we see more :)

Mary:
mary20018before1ar.jpg

you was very close to Maxima and Laurentien dutch royal !!! lucky one !!

Dutch Royal, you took some great pictures of Laurentien and Maxima. Did you speak to them?

Photo taken of Queen Elizabeth at Singapore's National Library in March 2006 by Ace Cheong

Queen1.jpg

Photo of the Queen by Ace Cheong at the National Library March 2006

Queen2.jpg

Photo of Prince Phillip taken by me

PrincePhil2.jpg

Photo of Prince Phillip by me

PrincePhil3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yennie, the Photo in #6 of Princess Diana in White is taken by my friend Lara Jesic. The photo below is taken by me.

di92.jpg

taken by me

tttttt-2.jpg

Prince Charles Taken by me

pc.jpg

Princess Diana taken by Stacy Martzall

dismall.jpg

Prince Andrew taken by Ace Cheong

PrinceAndrew060.jpg

Prince Albert by me

F1010025-1.jpg

The Prince of Orange taken by me

PrinceWillemAlexander1-1.jpg

wow, so many great pics! Its nice to see photos like this... they seems more "real" than the photos we get from agencies

Oh great pictures! :flowers:
Did anyone of you ever made real photos of Queen Beatrix or Harald&Sonja? :rolleyes:

I hope that someday I will take a photo to a member of the Princely Family of Monaco...
Did anyone of you take real photos to the Casiraghi:question:

Thanks Yennie, Her Majesty and Covdm,

Here are photos of Queen Sonja and King Harald taken By Ace Cheong while we attended an event in their honor.

IMG_8393.jpg

IMG_8342.jpg

IMG_8396.jpg

Empress Michiko of Japan taken by Ace Cheong

EmpressofJapan.jpg

Queen Sofia taken by me

1QueenSofia.jpg

PrincessDianaFan,

I don't want to put you on the spot but how do you manage to get so close to these people? Are you in a government position or something?

I have to admit, I am so jealous!:bang:

You are fortunate to be this close.

Tenngirl

PrincessDianafan, if you don't mind me asking, who is Ace Cheong? Is he your friend or a professional photographer?

Thesepics are just wonderful! Hope I could be close to a Royal some day of my life...:ermm:

But it's possible to be near a Royal...Believe me! I will tell you three little stories:1) My brother was near the Emperor and the Empress of Japan when they visited Argentina in the 90's. He has no camera with him...GRRR.:bang: . He said they are warm, nice people. Akihito and Michiko were driven to know the Japanese Garden of Buenos Aires (where there is a House to drink Tea and eat Sushi, Sashimi, Shabu-Shabu and all the Japanese meals you can imagine), and there, they were teased by a comic actor very known here...and they laughed heartily! They acted in a very natural way.

2)My father knew Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlvai and Shahbanu Farah Dibah, when they visited Comodoro Rivadavia, the city in Patagonia where he is born. He got really close of them, and said they were cheerful and very approachable. He even signed the Book of Visit right below the Shah! They were visiting Comodoro for it is in a region well known for its oyl industry.

3) A friend of my Grandfather, knew that King Balduin of Belgium was visiting us (I think it was in the 60') and wanted to demonstrate how easy it was to kill a king (we-ell...He is an intellectual. He has this sort of weird ideas). He went to a demonstration that belgian community performed for the King and he approached him, in a very easy way. Then, he gave to him, a little punch in his back, that made the King to turn. My Grandpa's friend smiled to him and shaked his hand saying in French, how much he admired him. Later, he used to said: "If I should want to put him to sleep, I only should have a knife in my hand. So, the punch on his back could have been mortal. So, you see..It's quite easy to kill a King".:blink:

I think that it could have been easy to PrincessDianaFan to get close to some Royals.

Vanesa.

Purple Platinum,

He is my friend and a freelance photographer who accompanies me on assignments. He knows of this website and has told me he is more than happy to have his photographs displayed here. All the photographs posted are from our own personal collections and have not been published in any way shape or form anywhere else. If you have any further questions about him you might like to email him via his website www.aceimagesmedia.com.

Last edited:
Hi Tenngirl,

I'm a freelance writer and I work with my friend freelance photographer Ace Cheong who knows of this website and is happy to share his photos here. You can check out his website at www.aceimagesmedia.com.

Just two months ago I was introduced to their Majesties the Emperor and Emperss of Japan, in my capacity as an author, not a journalist. Unfortunately Ace was denied a press pass and couldn't get in, otherwise he would have gotten some great shots. The Emperor and Empress are extremely gracious, soft-spoken people.

Met most of the other Royals at the IOC Conference last year.

PrincessDianafan said:
Purple Platinum,

He is my friend and a freelance photographer who accompanies me on assignments. He knows of this website and has told me he is more than happy to have his photographs displayed here. All the photographs posted are from our own personal collections and have not been published in any way shape or form anywhere else. If you have any further questions about him you might like to email him via his website www.aceimagesmedia.com.
Thank you very much for explaining that, PrincessDianafan...
Well, we're looking forward to real photos of royals from you and your friend. :flowers:

I agree Purple Platinum.
I am anxious to see more pictures from PrincessDianaFan too!

By the way, Princessdianafan, have you ever been close to Princess Masako? What is she like? She seems like SUCH a CLASSY lady, I deeply respect her. I hope things are going better for her now.

Tenngirl

Hi Tenngirl,

Thanks. Nope, Haven't seen or met Princess Masako yet only her in-laws.

Bumping this thread in the hope of finding some more photos. We're always on the lookout for photos by our members that we can use to illustrate articles at the articles site.

A reminder this thread is for photos of royals taken by non-professional photographers and the stories surrounding those photos.
I've amended the thread title to make it clearer.

thanks,
Warren
Admin

:previous:

Great pictures! :flowers: You are lucky to own such photos of Queen Sofia and thanks a lot for sharing them with us, Juanita!

Back
Top Bottom