Succession Rights For Illegitimate Royal Children

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliamontague

Nobility
City
Country
Germany
Which Royals have out-of-wedlock children?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that Prince Bernhard admitted to having children outside of marriage in an intervieww published after his death and I know that the mother of Prince Albert's child gave a magazine interview but how and when did people find out about King Albert's?

marezdote said:
I know that Prince Bernhard admitted to having children outside of marriage in an intervieww published after his death and I know that the mother of Prince Albert's child gave a magazine interview but how and when did people find out about King Albert's?
I think it was in 2000 or around that time. One Flemish author did "outed" Delphine Boer in a biography about the King. Delphine did later confirm her ascendant.
Later this same year, the King did subtly acknowledged Delphine in the Throne speech (not sure about the name). He said something like: "XX (?) years ago, our marriage suffered a deep crisis". And Delphine was XX years too. So everybody concluded he was talking about her and the palace did not denied.

Belgian royal family illegitament children: Leopold I, the first Belgian king, had a mistress, Arcadie Cadet, for whom he arranged a marriage with an officer from his staff, Friedrich Meyer. Arcadie Meyer gave birth to two illegitimate royal children, Georges and Arthur. The king gave Arcadie and her children a nobility title, "Barron of Eppinghoven". Her descendants are living in Canada. Leopold II also had two illegitimate children with his mistress Blanche Delacroix, whom he married on his death bed. Lucien Delacroix became Duke of Tervuren, Philippe Delacroix Count of Ravenstein. Prince Charles, who briefly held office as Regent of Belgium after World War II, also had an illegitimate child, Isabelle Wybo.

In his book "A Throne in Brussels", author Paul Belien reveals that Count Michel Didisheim is an illegitimate son of King Leopold III, the father of kings Albert and Baudouin.

!!!!!!!!!!thanks to http://lvb.net/item/1170 --WARNING WEBSITE CONTAINS VERY NAUGHTY PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlos de Bourbon-Parma (son of Princess Irene of the Netherlands) has an illegitimate son with Brigitte Klynstra. His name is Carlos Hugo Roderik Sybren Klynstra, he was born January 20th, 1997 in Nijmegen.

Ernst Heinrich von Hannover (brother of Ernst August) has a son with Désirée Nick (German so called "Comedian" - I don't think, that she's really funny). His name is Oscar Heinrich Julius Ferdinand and he was born September 29th, 1996.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiree_Nick

and was it not the norwigien princess husband that had a Illegitimate child?

Were Louis and Pauline illegitimate at one point, since Stephanie didn't marry their father until later?

Were Louis and Pauline illegitimate at one point, since Stephanie didn't marry their father until later?
What we can read on Wikipwdia (not always the best source of infos):

"She married Ducruet on 1 July 1995 in Monaco, but divorced him on 4 September 1996. Stéphanie then had another child, Camille Gottlieb, born on 15 July 1998.[1]
Though they were born out of wedlock, Louis and Pauline are in line to the throne of Monaco because they were legitimized when their mother married Ducruet; Monegasque law recognizes such children as members of a dynastic line. Camille, however, is not so recognized and will have no claim to the throne unless Stéphanie marries her father or she is legitimized by legislation."

and was it not the norwigien princess husband that had a Illegitimate child?

I believe Erling Lorentzen, husband of Princess Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzen, admitted he had an affair, and the woman he had the affair with had a child, and Erling sponsored the child, but I believe the child turned out not to be his. I am not positive on this, so hopefully someone more knowledgable about the situation can clarify.

Prince Carlos jr. of Bourbon-Parma, son of Princess Irene of The Netherlands has a son out of wedlock called Carlos Klynstra.

Grand Duchess Anastasia Mikhailovna of Russia had an illegitimate son when she was age 42. Her husband, Grand Duke Friedrich Franz III of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, died in 1897, and her illegitimate son was born in 1902; the boy's father was her personal secretary, Vladimir Alexandrovitch Paltov, and was named Alexis Louis de Weden.

Interestingly, the Grand Duchess' daughter, Queen Alexandrine of Denmark, had already had two children by the time her mother bore Alexis.

Princess Thyra of Denmark had an illegitimate daughter at the age of 18, in 1871. The father of the baby girl was a lieutenant in the cavalry, Vilhelm Frimann Marcher; Marcher later committed suicide. Thyra later married Crown Prince Ernest Augustus of Hanover, 3rd Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale in 1878. The couple had six children.

Queen Marie of Romania (formerly Princess Marie of Edinburgh) had six children who were all acknowledged by her husband, Crown Prince Ferdinand of Romania. However, Queen Marie herself indicated that her daughter Princess Marie (b 1900) was fathered by Grand Duke Boris Vladimirovich of Russia. Her last two children, Ileana (b 1909) and Mircea (b 1913) were the children of her lover Barbu Ştirbey, although it is somewhat possible that Illeana was the daugher of Crown Prince Ferdinand. So, of Marie's six children, at least two and possibly three were illegitimate in that they were not fathered by her husband, but legitimate in that they were born in wedlock.

Does somebody know What happen with Thyra´s Daughter?

Does somebody know What happen with Thyra´s Daughter?

As far as i can remember Queen Margrethe of Denmark tolde in the serie "A royal family" that the littel girl was put up for an adoption because it was not the best story to tell if Thyra was going to marry in to another royal family with alot of power and welth.

Last edited:
Prince Albert of Monaco has 2 Illegitimate kids a young son and a teenage daughter

As far as i can rememer Queen Margrethe of Denmark tolde in the serie "A royal family" that the littel girl was put up for an adoption because it was not the best story to tell if Thyra was going to marry in to another royal family with alot of power and welth.

Interesting! Are there any descendants now living from that side of the family?

I read a article.. the man claims that her Mother was princess Margaret of Great british.. I have no proof that Princess Margaret had secret illegitimate child.. not enough evidence.... also I wonder is that true of Duke of Windsor had illegitimate child.. I read somewhere but I am not sure...

Princess Thyra was only 17 when she had to make a journy to Greece to give birthe to a littel girl...she had becomede pregnant with her littel girl when she had an affair/relationship with a lieutenant Vilhelm Frimann Marcher he comitted suicide out of shame for Thyra.

King Alfonso XII of Spain had illegitimate sons with singer Elena Sanz. His son King Alfonso XIII of Spain also had some illegitimate children. One of them has recently been recognised by Spanish laws as a legitimate descendant of King Alfonso XIII, his name being Leandro Alfonso de Borbón Ruiz Moragas. He has been granted the style of His Royal Highness.
Queen Isabel II of Spain also had several lovers. Some of her children are said to be from her lovers and not from her husband Prince Francisco de Paula. Her first daughter and even King Alfonso XII are said to be children of her lovers.
I guess there are other spanish monarchs who have had illegitimate children.

I'm not sure that Don Leandro Alfonso ( since very sooner) Borbon Ruiz Moragas is granted as His Royal Highness because he was not recognized as a legitimate son of of King Alfonso XIII but only as a true son of this king but not legitime one, which is not possible because it's a child birthed outside the marriage. And at my knowledge in this circunstancies only the King Juan Carlos I can give to him the predicat of Royal Highness according the rights given by the Spanish Constitucion. The court recognition of the Don Leandro is only the fact that he is the illegitime son of the King and only for that can be wear the name Borbon.It's true that some journalists are making the confusion and some Time Don Leandro hismself keep to beleive taht he is HRH, but in fact absolutly not.

The incidence of illegitimacy in european royal families

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a52149cc970c-320wi
[Gracia van Monaco, de oma van Alexandre]
wp6c1fd2be_0f.jpg"][COLOR=

Alexandre de Monaco
Prince Alexandre of Monaco .::. Prince Alexandre de Monaco
Imageshack - gallisamarie14en7.jpg
Nicole Coste
Mrs Nicole Coste
Albert II
Prince Albert II

Surinaamse genealogie: THE INCIDENCE OF ILLEGITIMACY IN EUROPEAN ROYAL FAMILIES

THE INCIDENCE OF ILLEGITIMACY IN EUROPEAN ROYAL FAMILIES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE INCIDENCE OF ILLEGITIMACY IN EUROPEAN ROYAL FAMILIES

Medical science informs us that in twenty percent of all births the man who is named as the biological father is not the biological father of the child (?). However, when it comes to royal births this figure seems to go through the roof, as many royals are branded as illegitimate. Of the many cases in Wikipedia and Public Media, which immediately come to mind, I offer these.

[Nicole and Alexander Coste]

Prince Albert of Monaco fathered and then acknowledged an illegitimate firstborn son, Eric Alexandre of Monaco (2003), with a lovely Air France stewardess Nicole Valéri Coste (1971), from Togo. As an illegitimate child, Alexandre is not in the line of succession of his father’s titles, but he will inherit from his father’s estate. Red-haired prince Harry of Britain, the Hero of Iraq, is rumoured to be the son of one red-haired James Hewitt, the horse riding instructor who outted himself as a lover of the late Diana of Wales. Prince Laurent of Belgium is frequently discussed in the Dutch media because of his criminal tendencies and they never fail to mention that his mother, Queen Paola, had an affair. She allegedly wanted to punish her philandering husband, future King Albert, by kindly offering him a bastard son. He confessed to have fathered an illegitimate daughter too. In a posthumously published interview, Prince Consort Bernard of the Netherlands, married to long suffering Queen Juliana, confirmed his two illegitimate, now elderly daughters. Two alleged English sons were spurned.
Former Queen Wilhelmina of The Netherlands, known as The Beautiful Queen, is rumoured to be the daughter of Queen Emma and a courtier, Jonkheer de Ranitz, and not her presumed father King William III. Poor Emma was presumably artificially impregnated and the dynasty was saved by a bronze turkey baster! The story goes that the King was rendered incapable because of a lifestyle of dissipation, advanced age and a nasty sex disease. This old story was recently updated when princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme, a seriously troubled member of the royal family, threatened to have DNA analyses done on secretly obtained biological samples of her aunt, present day Queen Beatrix. These would then be compared to material of King William III, in order to proof that Queen Beatrix is not from the bloodline of King William I (1817-1890), and does not have the Constitutionally given right to occupy the Dutch throne.
Cardinal de Richelieu is supposed to be the biological father of Louis XIII. Queen Victoria of Britain, a granddaughter of mulatto faced Queen Charlotte Sophie *, is rumoured to be the daughter of the Belgian princess Victoire and her secretary. He tried to impose parental like rights over young, poor Victoria. She was sickened to find out about this illicit relation with her equally overbearing mother, so both were speedily banished from her life.

To me, the only credible instance of illegitimacy in a royal family is the famous case of King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden (1778-1837). He is supposed to be the son of Queen Sophie Magdalena and a courtier Baron Munck von Fulkila. The facts are that after eleven years parliament ordered King Gustav III to finally consummate his marriage. He seemed to be incapable and asked his ‘intimate’ friend Von Fulkila to impregnate the poor Sophie, while he personally guarded the door to the Royal Bedchamber. According to Joel Alexander Rogers in ‘Sex and Race’ (1941) speaking on the nature of the friendship between the King and Von Fulkila, the emphasis should be placed on ‘intimate.’ Afterwards Von Fulkila blackmailed the family to obtain a handsome pension. This hilarious case is rendered credible because the greatest campaigner of the King’s illegitimacy was his own, horrified grandmother. Thoroughly disgusted, parliament barred this dynasty from the throne, which was then offered to Jean- Baptiste Bernadotte (1763-1844). A French Marshall of Napoleon Bonaparte’s army and some prints show him to be black of skin with a huge mass of curly hair.

Rogers confirms Gustav IV Afrocentric looks, with frizzy Afro hairstyles, subnasal prognasty and thick lips. But he considers this fact as proof, because Gustav IV does not look like his ‘North European’ parents. I beg to differ! If one contemplates the use of a substitute sperm donor, one will look for somebody of the same race, fenotype as the supposed father. So to me the royal family of Swede was not white but belonged to a fixed mulatto race: no matter what faked and whitened portraits they show us. After the French Revolution the royal and noble families turned their attention to the ‘breeding’ of white skinned offspring. Bernadotte’s white descendents still occupy the Swedish throne.

Egmond Codfried

Note:
* There is no indication that mulatto faced Charlotte Sophie of Mecklenburg Strelitz was illegitimate. It would be very strange to have chosen her for a Queen, if this state of affairs would be so obvious in her looks. The British press and the republicans would have had a field day.

Prince Bernhard of Netherlands

He admitted to two daughters. Two alleged British sons were spurned.

Carlos de Bourbon-Parma (son of Princess Irene of the Netherlands) has an illegitimate son with Brigitte Klynstra. His name is Carlos Hugo Roderik Sybren Klynstra, he was born January 20th, 1997 in Nijmegen.

Did Margarita de Bourbon de Parme actually said that her father fathered a black child with their black housekeeper?

Prince Albert of Monaco has 2 Illegitimate kids a young son and a teenage daughter

I'm desperate to find out about Alexandre Costes' half sister. What do you know?

Did Margarita de Bourbon de Parme actually said that her father fathered a black child with their black housekeeper?

No. With a latin housekeeper. I believe she said the lady was from the Dominican Republic and that she is not only a house keeper but also the partner of the Duke of parma (unofficially obviously).

Back
Top Bottom