The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

If I were royal I would at least try to somehow have a normal life but I would need to obey royal protocol and be graceful and have all the duties that come with being royal but then again I would get nice clothes and beautiful jewels and live in a beautiful palace like amalienborg.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

If I were a royal, I'd pick the Swedish or Dutch Royal family- why? The jewels of course!

Old 01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Courtier

If I were a Royal, I would send a little postcard to Tilla.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

Well if I were a royal I would probably travel a lot, would do a lot of charities but I would try to stay as underground as possible. I hate it when people take photo's of me and being bothered by others (paparazzi). And to be honest with you yes I would get an own stylist, an hairdresser, someone who does my make up and all those other perks. But I would try to do something back
Old 10-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Commoner

Well to be truthful I think at first I would flaunt it. That sounds bad but if I became Royal over night that's what I would do. Sorry. I would travel the world. Meeting all the other Royals in the world. I would have a palace built on each coast and in DC. I would have to have Royal jewels and crowns made. Have to have a person to help me dress, because dressing like a royal would be new to me. I don't think shorts, tank and sandles would be "royal" so new wardrobe and new cars, loaded with ever new gadget they have, with chauffeurs, and new palace staff for each palace. My dogs would have dog trainers and care takers. Then after the newness of it all wore off I would find the charity for Newborn ICU in the city's where my palaces are, and help them out as much as possible. I would be on the board of these hospitals to make decisions for these units. Exp the one I work in right now. I would also take up every charity that has to do with dogs. I would have more no kill dog palaces made. I would have vets that can help dogs that parents could not afford a reg vet. I would do it according to income and bill ratio for everyone. Or maybe start up a insurance company like blue cross for animals. $20 co-pays just like ours. This is my dream if I was to become a Royal overnight. Nice to dream..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Serene Highness

Cool thread and I like your 'dream' lol.

I'd married Kate Middleton if I were to become a royal overnight (She is still single in my 'royal world' )
Old 10-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Cool thread and I like your 'dream' lol.

I'd married Kate Middleton if I were to become a royal overnight (She is still single in my 'royal world )
Love it .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Nobility

I would be sixth in line to the throne if royal primogeniture wasn't in place, and fourth if it was. My dad is the second child and second son of five children. His older brother, who would be king, has two sons, and I have two younger brothers.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Aristocracy

I've been fascinated by the royal jewels and palaces... So I'd love to have some of those. Other than that I would start a charity for children in India ensure they have access to healthy food, clean water, education.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

I think it would be interesting if an American could be a royal and no one else knew it. A royal in incognito. Living in two different worlds at the same time. Others in Europe know about it but no one in the person's life knew about it. Have the perks of being royal but without being chased down, watched 24/7 or photographed at you're worst moments.

You get to go to all the royal weddings but you are in the background. Since most of the photos would be seen in Europe as opposed to the United States, no one would recognize you. If anyone asked, you would be referred to as the distant American relative Baroness Lucy that people invite to weddings.

In reality this would be hard to do (someone would find out) but it would be interesting to see how long this would last before you were discovered to be a royal.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Nobility

As someone else said, I wouldn't have to clean. I don't see why a Royal has to cater to other people's opinions on fashion, I'm not cut out to be a fashion plate! I'd make comfortable jeans fashionable! :-)
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Gentry

I would use my clout to scold the fashion industry for catering exclusively to tall skinny people. If they want this royal wearing their clothes, they need to have full-on short and curvy lines, and EVERY body shape in between!

And, yes, draw attention to good causes, more women in comp sci is a particular. But I tried to shop today, and yeah. It would be very helpful if someone in a position of power with the designers would take a stand against the thinocracy.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I would never have to cook again. I would clip out menus of meals that I wanted and then have my person chef cook them.

I would have someone to help me shop.

I always wished that the United States had royalty like Europe does. I would love it if I had to go before the Congress and tell them what they should be doing. I could get away with it because they wouldn't dare cut me off or tell me to be quiet. They couldn't. I would put my two cents in regardless of whether they wanted it or not. Since they put their two cents in on things (another word for stating your opinion which may or may not be welcomed) that don't concern them, as a royal, I would have the right to do so.
I love this. It will be so cool.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 AM
Commoner

If I were a royal I would build a house for every homeless person. Then employ them to work in factories that I will build in the country and export the products to build our country. Certainly, some will work in my castle as well. I will have a big Christmas party every year and we'll eat lots of ice cream.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Nobility

Interesting! If I were a royal I'd would love to have someone do my hair for me and I would also travel more widely and often than the commoner me, I love learning about different cultures and learning new things! I'd also love to have a little bit of that daredevil kind of lifestyle like learning how to operate a helicopter for example!
I would serve several cases that I'm interested in like helping refugees to get higher standards of living and providing better education for those who can't afford it, as well as supporting upcoming designers and artists of the country which I'm a royal member of
Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Nobility

If I were a royal I'll still buy my clothes in little local brands for help the devlopp. I would fly a lot to poor countries and work hard for them.
I would still go to the village in Provence where I use to go on holiday.
I'll have the most beautiful dressing ever.
I'll have a personal sport coach and I'll have the most beautiful wedding ever!

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Gentry

I would have coffee service brought to me in bed each morning with the papers. I would hire a stylist and have access to the newest collections. Oh, and I would have lots and lots of heirs - I adore children!!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Commoner

Wow I am extremely disappointed in half of the answers on here some people are extremely selfish and all about them selves, as a royal you have a duty to your country and your family to up hold! It's not a easy job yes you are watched every move you make you are a shining example ,now are you talking of a constitutional monarch? Fyi Did you know its vary expensive to be royal between the cleaners, cook,body guard, a assist, nannys, yard care,driver, did you know it cost about $1,200.000 a year for a staff of 30 to run 1 castle of 30,000 sq plus the jewelry and clothes needed for the job!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Nobility

An interesting question, thankyou SalmaRaul.
When I was young (1950s) I used to read about the Royal Family and was so impressed by the images of dignity, poise, courtesy and attention to duty portrayed.
I used to imagine being Queen and in my daydreams would have used my "power" to assist those who could not otherwise have been helped - for example, by timely letters to relevant authorities; patronage of charities; personal visits to hospitals etc. to cheer the patients; asking penetrating questions of politicians...
Actually, as I read my response I can see that all those things are within my grasp now, if not to a Royal extent!
Thanks again for a most interesting and illuminating question :)
Old 01-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

I would no longer have to do any house cleaning and never would again. I would go on a lot of trips and travel but I would be the royal who was the distant one (having all the perks but not being followed, chased or hounded by the press).