Caricatures of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serena

Gentry
Country
Switzerland
Hello everybody,

I could reeeeeeeally need your help! I am looking for caricatures/cartoons of our beloved royals! I found a lot of the british royals but its so hard to find something about the others (sweden, norway, denmark, spain etc). :confused:

I hope you can help me! Thank you! :)

You guys are great! Thank you so much! More, more, more! =) Yiiipppiiieeee!

On this site www.tvbelgiek.be, you can find satirical videos about the Belgian royal family (mostly about Albert and Paola) and also one about a state visit from Beatrix to Belgium (click on bekijk alle videos, the last video is the one about the state visit). Unfortunately, it's only in Dutch and the jokes are sometimes very subtile, so you'll need to know a bit the Belgian actuality.

P.S. I don't know if this really belongs in this thread. In some sort of way, these videos are indeed caricatures, so I posted it anyway.

caricatures of royals

Honestly, I have only one, of Princess Caroline, from the French satirical weekly Le Canard Enchaine, on the occasion of her first wedding. I don't have it with me, (I am away from home) but I'll post it later, in another thread if nobody is interested in posting in this one. It is interesting because we are always trying to describe royals, especially in their resemblances and differences with their parents or offspring and it's the job of caricaturists to emphasize striking features.

This is So Wrong

I just needed to show this to someone. I am a huge fan of the Royal Family and adore Kate Middleton. While searching for artwork and memorabilia I came across this:
Kate - Illustration store PicsForDesign.com. PSP tubes, PSD illustrations, Vector illustrations.
Click on the second thumbnail to see what i mean :(
Is this allowed? It just made me sick. I hate for this too be my first post but like I said this just disgusted me and i had to share with others that love the royal family also.

This falls under the category of freedom of speech. While I think it is disrespectful, I fail to se it as disgusting, seeing it is a cartoon/painting and she is wearing a bikini. But I understand your feelings

The artist sums up her role. In a weird and bizzar way, but it´s: representing the UK, give a heir and spare and be always nice :whistling:

Where 'to be nice' is represented in this 'painting' I do not see.
royalfan673, i also don't like it , but as olebabs said, freedom of speech is out there for all. As long as tea towers are not made from it, we should be fine ;)

royalfan673 said:
I just needed to show this to someone. I am a huge fan of the Royal Family and adore Kate Middleton. While searching for artwork and memorabilia I came across this:
Kate - Illustration store PicsForDesign.com. PSP tubes, PSD illustrations, Vector illustrations.
Is this allowed? It just made me sick. I hate for this too be my first post but like I said this just disgusted me and i had to share with others that love the royal family also.

This is actually pretty tame compared to some of the "art" that has been created using various royals as subjects.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

After all it is her role - to provide the next heir.

You have done exactly what the author wanted you to do, namely spread the news. The best way to handle this kind of publicity is to ignore it. Posting it on such a widely read place as these royal sites just further the damage.

Not the sort of art that is to my taste, most likely computerised art that requires (in this instance) little or no talent.

And in a long tradition of making caricatures of Royals, so it's interesting to me on that level.

You have done exactly what the author wanted you to do, namely spread the news. The best way to handle this kind of publicity is to ignore it. Posting it on such a widely read place as these royal sites just further the damage.

Agreed should we then as members quietly close this thread ? :whistling: What do the moderators think !

It is somewhat amusing. Afterall, it is meant to make commentary.

Back
Top Bottom