The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Well they are all cousins but as the generations move on they are becoming more distant cousins, at least as far as the BRF are related to the continental royals. In situations like invitations to British Royal Weddings the Queen seems to invite most members of her own extended British royal family and to send invitations to foreign monarchs. Those monarchs then determine whether they wish to attend in person or to be represented by members of their family.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Think of this way...I have several second and third cousins..but I am not close to all of them...so I would invite only the ones that I have a true relationship with. I would think its the same way for some royal families.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonHenry View Post
that seems weird that the other families would exclude members of other royal families from attending events .. I mean they are all cousins, no?
To an event such as a royal wedding or christening there are also a number of dignitaries from their own country that are to be invited and I would guess that most couples want to invite their close friends, and as there usually are only a limited number of seats available so I think it's more likely that people invite their friends (and perhaps also friends to their parents) they are close to and see almost daily, rather than a royal (distant) cousin they may have only met a couple of times.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Commoner

Ah i guess that makes sense. I wouldnt go out and invite every Henry to my family's event so why would the royal families extend an invitiation to those they arent exactly close with. Royal members of various families wouldnt go to the same events and services just like my distant relatives wouldnt go to mine.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Commoner

Royal Members Events and Services

I have another question - is there a person in the family who arranges all the services or do they have a dedicated staff?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Invitations in the UK on behalf of The Queen are sent out by the Lord Chamberlains Office
Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Administrator

In Britain the Earl Marshal, one of the Great Officers of State, is responsible for the organisation of State funerals and Coronations.
It is an hereditary post held by the (Roman Catholic) Dukes of Norfolk.

> further info: Earl Marshal
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Commoner

Lots of knowledge..

I must say I am impressed by the level of knowledge in this thread about the Royal Families.
Theres another question I have that maybe you guys could help me with: How did they become royalty in the first place?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Monarchy is basically the oldest form of government. Royal families have come and gone over the centuries but todays monarchs came to the throne by hereditary right. Historically though war, advantageous marriages, political machinations could bring you to the throne , or in the case of the Bernadottes of Sweden by invitation of the then Swedish government and adoption of Jean Baptiste Bernadotte by the then reigning Swedish king.I am sure if you research the history of specific nations you could find much more detailed information.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
I don't know if you mean royal events on a grander scale (where members of several royal families are invited) or royal events within a royal family, do remember that in most cases there are a limited number of seats/how many people can be invited unless it's an outdoor event.

Take for example the wedding of crown princess Victoria, invitations were sent to all the royal families in Europe, Middle East and Asia but we don't know how many persons from each family was invited. I would guess when it comes to members of the Bernadotte family (the king's sisters with families, aunts, cousins etc) most of the family membes were invited, as well as the members of the Danish and Norwegian royal families, and also the Dutch royal family got several invitations due to their close connections to the Swedish royal family, while royal families that are not as closely related to/friends with the Swedish royal family the invitations was only to the head of the family and/or crown prince with spouse. Even if you are a royal you have to get an invitation to an event, you can't just turn up and expect to be welcomed as a guest.
I was referring to large events and services where members from other families were invited. how are they selected .. as to what member of which family gets to go to these events and services. Are there any royal member events or services happening in Reno, Nevada?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonHenry View Post
. Are there any royal member events or services happening in Reno, Nevada?
Do you have any royals living in Reno? Otherwise why would there be an event there?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Commoner

Royals in reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Do you have any royals living in Reno? Otherwise why would there be an event there?
Do they have to live here in order for Reno to have Royal members attend events or services?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonHenry

Do they have to live here in order for Reno to have Royal members attend events or services?
Nope. But have any royals ever visited? Is there any reason for them to visit?