The education of Stephanie's children

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CasiraghiTrio

Heir Apparent , TRF Author, Royal Blogger
City
Burbank
Country
United States
I hope this doesn't seem invasive, but I'm always curious about where people go to school, whether I know them or not, friends of mine, family, or people on the news or whatever. I'm a school freak, so schools interest me, what can I say? ;)

I read in Hola! many years ago (2002 or 2001) that Louis, Pauline, and Camille were enrolled in what Hola! termed a "prestigious school in Monte Carlo" (translated obviously into my words, but I know I didn't mistake the context. Hola! definitely said "prestigious". However, they didn't name the school, which I assume was to protect the kids. The reason I ask now is that I hope the danger is gone, with the kids being older and perhaps at another or other school(s). They were very small at the time (even Louis, only ten, nine) so I am sure they cannot be at the same school to which Hola! referred.
Does anyone, maybe Michelle, know which school it was? Was it the same as the one Prince Albert attended, what was it, Lycee Albert I? Or was it Saint Maur or something?

Did they ever attend schools in Lausanne or Auron? I only ask because, didn't Stephanie live in both places for a bit?

I appreciate any information or attempt to answer my, as usual, complicated questions. :flowers:

Hi.

Camille still attends Elementary school in Monaco / FV.
Louis and Pauline attend secondary school in Monte Carlo, Louis is in 3eme and Pauline in 4eme, which is about 8th/9th grade for Louis and 7th/8th grade for Pauline ( depends on how you count ).
They're both very good at sports. Also at English. Both are interested in History and Geography.
Sorry, I don't want to name the schools here.
Pauline and Louis went to Elementary school in Auron for some time while they lived there - and the kids attended some french school in Zurich for a very short period of time.

Last edited:
Thanks Michelle for this information Louis And Pauline seem to do well in school Stephanie has smart kids.

michelle said:
Hi.

Camille still attends Elementary school in Monaco / FV.
Louis and Pauline attend secondary school in Monte Carlo, Louis is in 3eme and Pauline in 4eme, which is about 8th/9th grade for Louis and 7th/8th grade for Pauline ( depends on how you count ).
They're both very good at sports. Also at English. Both are interested in History and Geography.
Sorry, I don't want to name the schools here.
Pauline and Louis went to Elementary school in Auron for some time while they lived there - and the kids attended some french school in Zurich for a very short period of time.

Thanks, Michelle. I didn't expect naming of schools they are presently enrolled in, because I realize how Princess Stephanie guards the details of their lives. I just thought maybe past enrollments were safe for naming. But it's ok, I appreciate whatever you can comfortably share.
I'll bet they learned geography quickly...lots of "real" practice. ;)

Particularly during travels with their mother while she was "in" the circus!

Suonymona said:
Particularly during travels with their mother while she was "in" the circus!

Exactly! That's just what I meant with geography. They must have really gotten to know France and Switzerland, but after that post I thought about it. They don't really leave Monaco and France much, do they? I remember in the 90s, Stephanie and the family sometimes went to a house on St Martin (?) at Christmas time. I have not heard of them going there in years, certainly not after Rainier died.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Exactly! That's just what I meant with geography. They must have really gotten to know France and Switzerland, but after that post I thought about it. They don't really leave Monaco and France much, do they? I remember in the 90s, Stephanie and the family sometimes went to a house on St Martin (?) at Christmas time. I have not heard of them going there in years, certainly not after Rainier died.
They also travel/ed Italy, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Great Britain, Russia, Mauritius, the USA etc ...:flowers:

michelle said:
They also travel/ed Italy, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Great Britain, Russia, Mauritius, the USA etc ...:flowers:
Go them! :lol:

michelle said:

Michelle - have they been in the U.S. since the Disney World trip in the mid 1990's? I can't think of an instance but I could just be forgetting.

lea said:
Michelle - have they been in the U.S. since the Disney World trip in the mid 1990's? I can't think of an instance but I could just be forgetting.

I think they have ... just witout media attention.

michelle said:
I think they have ... just witout media attention.
Cool! So they got to stand and queue for the best rides like everyone else? No head-of-line privileges? Prince William and Prince Harry would be so jealous! :lol:

As there's talk about Andrea, Pierre and Charlottes education and university path in "Caroline's family forum" I think I could get back to Louis, Pauline and Camille's here.

Camille attends the Collége Charles III in Monaco, a secondary school Louis and Pauline also went to. She must be in 5ieme now, that's about 7th grade I guess.

Louis just graduated from the Lycée Albert I in Monaco ( which is the same lycee Albert got his bac at ) - and Pauline too ( as she obiously skipped a year ) if I see it right, even though there were no results of hers to be found.

So for their futur - school in Monaco will be back on the beginning of september for Camille in any case - Pauline, well, dunno; she could sign up at any university which has a good diving program.
For Louis, there's the step now ... kind of interseting what he'll be going for and where - Monaco, Paris, the States ?!

As there's talk about Andrea, Pierre and Charlottes education and university path in "Caroline's family forum" I think I could get back to Louis, Pauline and Camille's here.

Camille attends the Collége Charles III in Monaco, a secondary school Louis and Pauline also went to. She must be in 5ieme now, that's about 7th grade I guess.

Louis just graduated from the Lycée Albert I in Monaco ( which is the same lycee Albert got his bac at ) - and Pauline too ( as she obiously skipped a year ) if I see it right, even though there were no results of hers to be found.

So for their futur - school in Monaco will be back on the beginning of september for Camille in any case - Pauline, well, dunno; she could sign up at any university which has a good diving program.
For Louis, there's the step now ... kind of interseting what he'll be going for and where - Monaco, Paris, the States ?!

There is something I don't get. In Sweden you go to University when you are 19. Minimum. How come Pauline is starting University in Monaco? Or do I misunderstand you? How old is she now? :):)

There is something I don't get. In Sweden you go to University when you are 19. Minimum. How come Pauline is starting University in Monaco? Or do I misunderstand you? How old is she now? :):)

Pauline is 16, I think Michelle meant that Pauline could go to a university which has a good diving program in 2 years.

Kiina, as far as I know Monaco has a similar school system as France has.
In France you can pass the so called "baccalauréat" (the link will lead you
to the wiki entry for more information), that may explain why pupils finish
school a bit earlier there.

I hope this doesn't seem invasive, but I'm always curious about where people go to school, whether I know them or not, friends of mine, family, or people on the news or whatever. I'm a school freak, so schools interest me, what can I say? ;)

I read in Hola! many years ago (2002 or 2001) that Louis, Pauline, and Camille were enrolled in what Hola! termed a "prestigious school in Monte Carlo" (translated obviously into my words, but I know I didn't mistake the context. Hola! definitely said "prestigious". However, they didn't name the school, which I assume was to protect the kids. The reason I ask now is that I hope the danger is gone, with the kids being older and perhaps at another or other school(s). They were very small at the time (even Louis, only ten, nine) so I am sure they cannot be at the same school to which Hola! referred.
Does anyone, maybe Michelle, know which school it was? Was it the same as the one Prince Albert attended, what was it, Lycee Albert I? Or was it Saint Maur or something?

Did they ever attend schools in Lausanne or Auron? I only ask because, didn't Stephanie live in both places for a bit?

I appreciate any information or attempt to answer my, as usual, complicated questions. :flowers:
I think they all attended local public Monegasque schools-
I think Louis and Pauline both just took the BAC (presumably both from Lycée Prince Albert 1er, after all Pauline had to fly back for the day from Finland to take an exam...unless the french school system has some sort of "final exam" period like the US does at the end of every school year...), and Camille should be entering into Cinquième at Collège Charles III in the fall, I think. Not sure what either of the Ducruet kids will be doing post-Lycée thought. My guess is that Louis will travel for a year, then maybe attend University next fall, while Pauline will focus on her diving until the Olympics are over in 2012, then attend some university with a great diving program in the fall of 2012.

I think while they were traveling with the circus and whatnot when they were younger, Stephanie taught them herself at home.

Thank you, titiromi.

I'm glad the Grimaldi kids are making something of their lives...

There was a footnote that said they needed the person's authorization to release info if you were wondering how Pauline did. eg Charlotte was tres bien. Pauline may have blocked that part.

Back
Top Bottom