The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I'm glad you like it, Ianna :) These bracelets seem to come back regularly..:) By the way, wonderful new avator you have, beautiful mother and daughter..

Old 06-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

Stephanie Videos

I was browsing around on YouTube and decided to do a search on 'Ouragan', and I found the music video for 'Ouragan' - she sings in both English and French:

Here are some others:

Pigeonhole THIS.com
Old 07-10-2006, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Steph getting a price for her music back in the 80s:

(Laif)
Old 07-29-2006, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Steph live on stage in 1986:

(PdV)
Old 07-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Steph live on stage in 1986:

(PdV)
She was amazing.Thanks Iceflower.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Nobility

I recall her visiting Buenos Aires and singing in the tv shows...!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

You are welcome, Beatrice and these must be nice memories, saphills

Steph performing in a French television show - her trousers look like she had renovated and painted her flat earlier that day, don't they?!

(HOLA)
Old 09-17-2006, 12:54 PM

Maybe Steph's voice has improved and gotten to be really good after more training, but guys, come on, let's be real. If she was not a princess, no one in the 80s would have paid attention to her so-called "music" back then. Those songs just weren't very good. Her voice just was not very good back then. Sorry. I like Stephanie a lot, but my liking her does not blind me to the reality of her talents. As a singer, she is just ok. I don't hear the "amazing"-ness that all of you hear in her voice.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Steph at an emission of CANAL+ in 1986 - isopix.

Steph performing
Old 11-26-2006, 05:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

In those pics posted by iceflower, the one with Stephanie in a pink blazer, i had to look twice as i thought it was a man at first! Not trying to be rude here, but her build looked like a mans build, not to mention the hair.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Serene Highness

I have just had a chance to listen to Ouragan first time and it was really good.
Thanks for posting video links with Steph's music.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Gentry

I've found on YouTube short clip with princess Stephanie's performance in Spain TV. She is singing Ouragan and listen to some guy who is talking and talking in spanish - I don't know what and she probably too.

and another link:
http://www.ina.fr/archivespourtous/i...otal_notices=1
with singing Stephanie from 1987- you have wait to 4th part of video
Reniapl
Old 04-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Gentry

I was browsing around on YouTube and found a new/old video of princess Stephanie performing Flash at MCM "Ultra Kitsch" :(
The clip is high quality and lasts for almost 6 minutes. She signs, dances a lot and looks stunning :).
Here is link:

Reniapl
Old 05-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Aristocracy

Actually, I don't like this kind of music. But I' bought a CD of her two years ago. (don't know the title, with irresistible, flash, fleur du mal, dance with me . . . )
To tell the truth . . . I know every song by heart! Just because I like Stephanie. Thats stupid
Old 05-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Maybe Steph's voice has improved and gotten to be really good after more training, but guys, come on, let's be real. If she was not a princess, no one in the 80s would have paid attention to her so-called "music" back then. Those songs just weren't very good. Her voice just was not very good back then. Sorry. I like Stephanie a lot, but my liking her does not blind me to the reality of her talents. As a singer, she is just ok. I don't hear the "amazing"-ness that all of you hear in her voice.
True. And the back-up vocals and musical arrangement were really designed to camouflage her thin voice. She sold the records that she did because people were interested in her being a princess.

Stephanie however was honest enough to admit to her vocal shortcomings in the book "Rainier and Grace" by Jeffrey Robinson. She admitted to being surprised herself of being able to record an album with her voice.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:31 AM

Her songs were catchy, feel-good little tunes, very like the pop songs of the Eighties. I found her voice to be pleasant, if a little weak. I enjoy the French versions more than the English versions.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Her songs were catchy, feel-good little tunes, very like the pop songs of the Eighties. I found her voice to be pleasant, if a little weak. I enjoy the French versions more than the English versions.
The french language is more delicate and flimsy than English and therefore it is in line with Stephanie's voice. I also like the french versions more than the english ones.
I love the songs "fleur du mal" and "besoin" because they are a bit different. The other songs are typical 80ies pop song and I don't like the stuff from the 80ies. . .
Old 07-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Besoin is a great song, I actually think it's more of like a poem.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post
And the back-up vocals and musical arrangement were really designed to camouflage her thin voice.
I think unfortunately for her eighties music, her voice was rather overrun; that's a good point you make about the back-up and the arrangement. As I said awhile ago, I think her voice (then) was too weak to hold its own. Maybe nowadays is different. With the right training and practice, I can see her eighties voice become quite good.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
Besoin is a great song, I actually think it's more of like a poem.
That's why I love the song. It is not so kitschy and more individual. And it's no lovesong. I don't like lovesongs. . . I should like "dance with me"
And I know that it is the only song which she has written by herself. Because I only found her name under the title "besoin". But maybe there is a song from another CD which she has written by herself. . .