The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
We talked about her moral character, too, but we all felt that she was better off with her honesty, her decisions maybe questionable, but after all, her sister hit the deepest possible low score with her marriage to Ernst August, a man who has zero moral, no common sense and absolutely no redeeming factor at all, never had, never will. No matter how we feel about Stephanies lovers, Carolines taste in men is far worse and she even married this - well - bloke.
What did this man do to you, many of you, to dislike him so much? We barely know Ernst of Hanover, we haven┤t seen him through the years in the spotlight like the Grimaildis┤s. We don┤t know almost anything about his personality. He hated papparazzi┤s, he was not used to them. But "zero moral"?
What does it have to do with Stepnahie??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
True, Caroline wasn't well-regarded either, mostly because of her disastrous marriages:
1. Junot- aging playboy rumored to have married her because someone bet him he couldn't.

Which ones? She divorced once. She was married to Ernst more than a decade. How long do you think a marriage lasts these days. Or maybe you believe in the long time relationship older royals have "for convenience".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
2. Stefano- rather dim playboy whole sole interests were things like speedboats and skiing. His death at such a young age garnered much sympathy for Caroline, which she totally destroyed by wedding

It seemed odd that Grace, the epitome of elegance with her cool porcelain beauty, should have daughters so unlike her, but there's no knowing what the gene pool will turn up.
Playboy? He had a couple of girlfriends before Caroline. He almost didn┤t have time to be a playboy. he married at 23.

What do you mean so unlike her? In spite of developping a tender relationship over the years, Grace married with someone she had seen twice. In this, I am with the Grimaldi girls. They DID marry for love.

I┤m sorry this is so out of topic. Once in a while a Caroline and Stephanie hater comes here with their moral teachings.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
She was married to Ernst more than a decade. How long do you think a marriage lasts these days. Or maybe you believe in the long time relationship older royals have "for convenience".
Ernst August openly goes out with various lovers for quite some time now and it is no secret that he and Caroline do not live together anymore. They married because Caroline was pregnant, certainly "for convenience" and I believe that they don't divorce "for convenience". With his behaviour over the years he tarnished Carolines image, certainly made a fool of himself and cemented his status as a really unpleasant, unlikeable man.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Administrator

The purpose of this thread is to discuss Stephanie's image In and Out of Monaco.

It has nothing to do with the specifics of Caroline's relationships and/or marriages.

Let's get back on topic.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

You are right and I'm sorry!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

That time when she ran off to travel with the circus will haunt her image (IMO) forever. She's always had the wild child image.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Once in a while a Caroline and Stephanie hater comes here with their moral teachings.

Oh, now, I doubt anybody hates them. Why would they?
Hate is a strong word, and it's a far cry from not thinking well of someone and hating that person.

I can honestly say I don't hate Stephanie (or Caroline, either). I haven't given either a thought in years until I came across this forum.
I just don't think they have any class.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Aristocracy

The Robert Lacey biography on Princess Grace only talks about little about Stephanie (most about her relationship with Grace and what Grace thought of Stephanie's behavior), but it seems to allude to an idea that she would rather not be a "princess" (a la do the duties and things a princess is supposed to do a part of her role) and would rather have a normal, non-royal life.

If that is the case, then I can give Princess Stephanie a pass on the many things she has done. In a lot of ways, her tragetory is like a typical child star from Hollywood: brought up to have no other choice but to be an actor so the person rebels (via drugs, music, clothes or other things). Once the rebellion stages passes, the child star either continues acting or leaves the industry altogether. Stephanie does seem to have found a balance between being a royal and having a personal life.

I wonder if people in general would still be so judgmental of her if she wasn't a princess? While she has done some crazy stuff, so have a lot of non-royal people when they are trying to figure out their identity for themselves. The difference is the whole world got to see Stephanie act out while Jane Doe's antics never were even a blip on the radar. To go back to my previous comparison, even the child stars of Hollywood get cut some slack during their difficult phrase.

As for having her children being born out-of-wedlock, I personally don't care. It's the 21th century where I live, and I don't think people should have to marry if and when they choose to have children (and many people choose not to). In fact, I find it refreshing and modern of her to eschew marriage, but still have children.

I do care if Stephanie is a good, caring mother to her children: to me, that reflects more on her image than the circumstances of their births. From what I've read here and other places, she does seem very protective and pro-active in their lives.

Whatever her antics were, she seems to have a low profile nowadays.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordeliaFitzgerald View Post
As for having her children being born out-of-wedlock, I personally don't care. It's the 21th century where I live, and I don't think people should have to marry if and when they choose to have children (and many people choose not to). In fact, I find it refreshing and modern of her to eschew marriage, but still have children.

Good point, and not exactly unheard of in her own family. Aunt Antoinette had 3 children out of wedlock before marrying and divorcing their father. Even Caroline married husbands 2 & 3 while already pregnant.
The Grimaldi are not exactly traditional when it comes to children and marriage.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not traditional, but conspicuously Catholic makes for an interesting combination!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Good point, and not exactly unheard of in her own family. Aunt Antoinette had 3 children out of wedlock before marrying and divorcing their father. Even Caroline married husbands 2 & 3 while already pregnant.
The Grimaldi are not exactly traditional when it comes to children and marriage.
Let's not forget Albert's contributions to the family legacy. And, to their credit, at least Stephanie and Caroline are hands-on in their children's lives and and more than that--made sure the fathers of their children were/are involved in the parenting. Albert seems to come across as a dead-beat Dad by comparison. (I'm NOT saying he is, but in comparison to Caro and Steph and their families, he does seem ....lacking.)

As a whole though, all the Grimaldis seem more modern in their thinking than their other royal counterparts. They marry, divorce, remarry, have children regardless of martial status, and keep soldiering on. It not not be respectable, but it is what it is. At any rate, they are good at adapting to change and come what may. (Especially when compared to the British Royals, who can barely deal with divorce or scandal or any kind without freezing up to the nth degree. IMO, they still can't even deal with the legacy of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, let alone more recent history.)
Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I used to think that the conduct of the Grimaldi family was due to Mediterranean influences, laissez-faire attitudes, bad parenting and the like; however, CordeliaFitzgerald's contribution highlights their capability of "adapting to change".

Certainly Stephanie has done a great deal of "adapting". One of the outcomes of this process of adaptation can be seen by her success in establishing the "Maison de vie".
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Serene Highness

It's not like the other royal families are more pure. They just keep their affairs and illegitimate children better hidden.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Let's focus on Stephanie's image and not that of the House of Grimaldi as a whole.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can we forget the old bad days of Stephanie and see what she is doing now? She grows up her chidren very well,we never see them apart Pauline who is a very young athlete, they live like others monegasque people,Princess Stephanie has a goal: fighting for the people who are ill of Sida, she is the person we saw the most during the christmas fest,she was with Prince Albert giving gifts to old persons, at the red cross for poor people,she was also at the national fest giving gifts to the poor people. and so, for me she is a really good princess that I like much and her past is no more matter
Old 01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Commoner

l completely agree with you, melina....:)Stephanie is a nice and true person!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Nobility

This thread is about Princess Stephanie's image in and out of Monaco, so unfortunately, there will be some negative as well as positive. I understand that it will be nice to just focus on all that she has done lately, such as her charity work, but she has been a very public person especially in the past where her exploits have been front page news.

Also, there is little media coverage anyway when someone is doing good. Princess Stephanie has been a victim of tabloid media, and these publications know that magazines sell much more when they feature someone of her stature behaving badly. So the general public -- those who are not necessarily members of The Royal Forums or are well-read about royals -- would still rely on what they read about her in the past, and would have outdated views on her, not aware that her wild days are pretty much over.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

In France, in Monaco,The media doen't speak any more on the behavior of the old days, when there are news about her that is when she fights for the ill people of Sida, at January when there is ths festival of circus that is a big event or at the end of the years when she visits the ill people the old people and the poor people with her brother. Prince Albert introtroduced her again in the national fest and in the charity events when he became Sovereign, she was officially in her car's brother for the two crownings of the prince.Before the prince rainier's death, we did not see in the national fests now she is here with the family and Prince Albert never forget to suport her sister, it is a good think, she makes a wonderfull work and nobody speaks of her old days apart the persons on internet
Old 01-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Well, this is a discussion forum and the topic and Stephanie'c current and past actions have may have an impact on how Stephanie's image in and out of Monaco. The discussion should follow TRF rules (i.e. no speculation and/or insulting comments).

Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don-t critize the discussions of people on this forum nor their critizes but in france and in Europe, media don-t speak anymore about the old Stephanie's image but about what she is doing and there is some stuning about her behaviour now, and it is the true, yes she had a not very good behaviour in the old days but now they forget and say that she is a special princess and Princess Grace will be very pleased to see what she is doing now if she was alive now. It is what monegash friends said me
Old 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Commoner

l am completly agree with you , Melina :)