Princess Stephanie of Monaco & Family Current Events 12:November 2008 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, pruts, for the double-edged compliment, as always....

First of all this: in no way did I intend to belittlle your efforts, I meant what I said, as I did before, about your comment: always a treat to read!

I was more generally speaking when I stated that for me Stephanie is not interesting or inspiring enough to make a lot of fuss about. In a way, but unwantingly from your part maybe, I read in your words, in between, a bit of the same feeling. That does not mean, however, that I find Stephanie unsympathetic or unappealing. She does have, indeed, a certain vulnerability and shyness, sweet and appealing qualities completing lacking in her sister. On the other hand, I see no special qualities, talents, gifts, charisma, beauty, that lift her above the average shop girl or waitress, whose choice in men and clothing she comes closest to and who are, ironically, not your average Vogue reader. The loyal Vogue reader, as I understood from reviews, did not value the Stephanie issue very much, because it was so empty, both from a fashion, as from a human point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:
From knowing Stephanie a little better ( I think, I guess, maybe ) than what you can find in this Vogue issue I have to agree with you but only on some things.
Taken the fact that Stephanie is/was supposed to be 'editor in chief' of this one I still belive that those who are in charge kind of always remain in charge.
I'm not sure if Stephanie wanted this issue to glorify her past but I think she feels quite comfortable with not getting her decisons thrown right back in her face. Maybe this is just a nice change of pace for her, if you know what I mean. She's been critizised over and over, sometimes with a reason, and here they take these same actions and decisons and make them look good.
She speaks about her tatoos and what they mean to her and why she thinks they're worth having, she lets us know she admires Kofi Anan, Nelson Mandela and especially her mother and her father. She mentions her love for her brother and sister and everything they mean to her. In that short interview she repeats things I already knew ... and there it is ... is it like that because she wants it to be this way or because th interviwer isn't smart enough to dig a little deeper?
I like these little tibits outside the actual interview: How she feels terrorized and impressed at the same time by Stanley Kubbick's "Shining", how she likes a good laugh with Louis de Funès, how she read 'The Prophet' again and again, how Sinatra, Grant, Peck and Moore where like her uncles, that she collects elephant figures and why, that she's a joker and likes to play with words so she often ends up in a situation where only she understands what she's talking about. ( Tha's how I know her) ... and here we are back with the pooint again: She doesn't speak about what she has done wrong, what made her grow, it's like she doesn't acknowledge it.
I understand she doesn't regret anything because she feels like regret's not worth while ... but when you read her there's not one word about anything she sucks at ( soory for the choice of words ) , anything she fails to do - something small, nothing big ... something not very important but still there like " I've had my licence for more than 20 years but I still don'tknow how to park my car properly' ( I know, weird example but still) .... but maybe a magazine is the best opprtunity to show all the glorious stuff about yourself...I only feel like there's so much more to Stephanie than what you find in there.
To close this comment ... let me say that I still love her way too much and I liked the isssue anyhow just because it's her on the cover !

First of all this: in no way did I intend to belittlle your efforts, I meant what I said, as I did before, about your comment: always a treat to read!

I was more generally speaking when I stated that for me Stephanie is not interesting or inspiring enough to make a lot of fuss about. In a way, but unwantingly from your part maybe, I read in your words, in between, a bit of the same feeling. That does not mean, however, that I find Stephanie unsympathetic or unappealing. She does have, indeed, a certain vulnerability and shyness, sweet and appealing qualities completing lacking in her sister. On the other hand, I see no special qualities, talents, gifts, charisma, beauty, that lift her above the average shop girl or waitress, whose choice in men and clothing she comes closest to and who are, ironically, not your average Vogue reader. The loyal Vogue reader, as I understood from reviews, did not value the Stephanie issue very much, because it was so empty, both from a fashion, as from a human point of view.

Totally agree with you. I remember a quote in a magazine that said that while shampoo girls dream of being a princess, Princess Stephanie dreams of being a shampoo girl. (For what the quote is worth...)

From knowing Stephanie a little better ( I think, I guess, maybe ) than what you can find in this Vogue issue I have to agree with you but only on some things.
Taken the fact that Stephanie is/was supposed to be 'editor in chief' of this one I still belive that those who are in charge kind of always remain in charge.
I'm not sure if Stephanie wanted this issue to glorify her past but I think she feels quite comfortable with not getting her decisons thrown right back in her face. Maybe this is just a nice change of pace for her, if you know what I mean. She's been critizised over and over, sometimes with a reason, and here they take these same actions and decisons and make them look good.
She speaks about her tatoos and what they mean to her and why she thinks they're worth having, she lets us know she admires Kofi Anan, Nelson Mandela and especially her mother and her father. She mentions her love for her brother and sister and everything they mean to her. In that short interview she repeats things I already knew ... and there it is ... is it like that because she wants it to be this way or because th interviwer isn't smart enough to dig a little deeper?
I like these little tibits outside the actual interview: How she feels terrorized and impressed at the same time by Stanley Kubbick's "Shining", how she likes a good laugh with Louis de Funès, how she read 'The Prophet' again and again, how Sinatra, Grant, Peck and Moore where like her uncles, that she collects elephant figures and why, that she's a joker and likes to play with words so she often ends up in a situation where only she understands what she's talking about. ( Tha's how I know her) ... and here we are back with the pooint again: She doesn't speak about what she has done wrong, what made her grow, it's like she doesn't acknowledge it.
I understand she doesn't regret anything because she feels like regret's not worth while ... but when you read her there's not one word about anything she sucks at ( soory for the choice of words ) , anything she fails to do - something small, nothing big ... something not very important but still there like " I've had my licence for more than 20 years but I still don'tknow how to park my car properly' ( I know, weird example but still) .... but maybe a magazine is the best opprtunity to show all the glorious stuff about yourself...I only feel like there's so much more to Stephanie than what you find in there.
To close this comment ... let me say that I still love her way too much and I liked the isssue anyhow just because it's her on the cover !

Your post reminds me of the famous line in Edith Piaf's song :"Non, je ne regrette rien..." ("No, I regret nothing...")
Also, I am glad she emphasized her sense of humor in that Vogue issue. I remember all those earlier pictures where she and Ernst always seemed to share a good laugh. I suspect, from the way Ernst makes Caroline laugh, that he must be a good joker, and he and Stephanie must share a bond in a similar sense of humor perhaps.

Your post reminds me of the famous line in Edith Piaf's song :"Non, je ne regrette rien..." ("No, I regret nothing...")
Also, I am glad she emphasized her sense of humor in that Vogue issue. I remember all those earlier pictures where she and Ernst always seemed to share a good laugh. I suspect, from the way Ernst makes Caroline laugh, that he must be a good joker, and he and Stephanie must share a bond in a similar sense of humor perhaps.

Yes, that's her ...
-> the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Vogue Paris December 2008 / January 2009 : Stéphanie de Monaco by Mert & Marcus

the linked post ...

... fits to michelle´s old post regarding "when she (and you) met stephanie" :ROFLMAO:"
And hopefully someone will sell it on eBay or delcampe - seems to be the only way to get this issue here in southern austria.

( ... elephants ?? didnt she collect frog figures... )

And at least to point out one thing about Stephanie that makes her "special" compared to other "successors of rich or royals" - she has friends in all social class and does not cast out the "low levels" but also she knows how to present a princess face (things she has learnt from her mother ...)

Alabaster Skies

:) Stephanie is probably and interesting person and quite intelligient

:harvest:however, to some she might appear like not an interesting person; perhaps because she seems content to not be the center of attention to whatever/wherever she is attempting to do? It seems doubful it's becase she is not interesting or not intelligient.

:snowman:I think her "people" skills seem quite apparant and easliy relates to others. Perhaps, there simply more to her persona than meets the eye. She is after all a fab mother, and heavily involved with her children and seems to prefer to keep a low profile about it. That too is simply normal. Any opinions on this?:bauble::candycane::poinsettia:

:) Stephanie is probably and interesting person and quite intelligient

:harvest:however, to some she might appear like not an interesting person; perhaps because she seems content to not be the center of attention to whatever/wherever she is attempting to do? It seems doubful it's becase she is not interesting or not intelligient.

:snowman:I think her "people" skills seem quite apparant and easliy relates to others. Perhaps, there simply more to her persona than meets the eye. She is after all a fab mother, and heavily involved with her children and seems to prefer to keep a low profile about it. That too is simply normal. Any opinions on this?:bauble::candycane::poinsettia:
I have no doubts, whatsoever, that she is a fab mother and a perfectly nice woman, why should she not? But that hardly makes her interesting, does it? My point was that all this "guest-editor-of-Vogue" stuff is only commercially interesting for Vogue, but not for the reader.

Besides, if you visit other fora, e.g. fashion fora, the reviews of the Stephanie Vogue photographs and interview are devastating and not as nicely put as my friend Iloveroyals, who just refers to Stephanie as "shampoo girl".

I have no doubts, whatsoever, that she is a fab mother and a perfectly nice woman, why should she not? But that hardly makes her interesting, does it? My point was that all this "guest-editor-of-Vogue" stuff is only commercially interesting for Vogue, but not for the reader.

Besides, if you visit other fora, e.g. fashion fora, the reviews of the Stephanie Vogue photographs and interview are devastating and not as nicely put as my friend Iloveroyals, who just refers to Stephanie as "shampoo girl".

But don't Vogues commercial intrests go through the reader ... I mean aren't they Vogues commercial intrest no.1 ?

Oh , and I heard about a lot of professionals reviews and they were quite happy with the issue and liked it a lot including Stephanie's sister ( who's not a professional, ok, but she's Caroline ).

But don't Vogues commercial intrests go through the reader ... I mean aren't they Vogues commercial intrest no.1 ?

Oh , and heard about a lot of professionals reviews and they were quite happy with the issue and liked it a lot including Stephanie's sister ( who's not a professional, ok, but she's Caroline ).

I am a reader and I did not find the issue interesting, as well as some other readers. You think otherwise, as well as some other people. Fine, no problem. ;)

This discussion is one of the best advertising for the mag :ROFLMAO:
Don´t take a product of journalists to seriosly -
Only the editors themself will know which words came from Stephanie, and what was added to fill the white pages and make it interesting ... or make it a failed edition ...
And if the name of the magazine is "Vogue" I wouldn´t buy it because of detailed private stories - I like the photos thats the main focus of a product with such a name. (others may prefer a Paris Hlton - the real Shampoo Girl). I have met a real professionial model in private life some years ago and so I can claim that Steph did NOT make a bad posing-job. Disappointing might be if there are not more than 5 or 6 new shots and the rest is filled with old stuff - but while I do not get an issue I will not jugde it.

I just got the magazine today cost me 22 bucks ( Im not all that happy about it but it was a x-mas gift for myself) I have not read the articul yet but I am looking forward to it the pictures I still say are great .

All this debating over the magazine kinda had me regretting getting it some say its good some say its bad . But its Vogue magazine not Forbes or Time magazine its not supposed to have a serious interview in it . Im a huge Stephanie fan just to have her doing a layout in the magazine was huge for me I did not expect it to be her life story . Stephanie face on a magazine still sells big the magazine is all over Ebay with bets as hight as 50 dollors .

Don't regret it, VP is much more of a fashion magazine than US Vogue with its trivial covers. I say, read it and make your own judgment.

Brilliantly said, as always! But also maybe a waste of energy and words. As anyone ever considered that Stephanie just simply is not an interesting person? As far as I am concerned, I have never read anything coming from her mouth that was in the least interesting, strikingly intelligent or refreshing. She neither is very good looking, rather the contrary. Remains only the fact that she is a 'princess' of Monaca. Point.

perhaps you have a different perspective on the concept of 'interesting'. For I imagine, if you spend the time visiting a blog/thread about her, posting comments expressing your adamant 'uninterest', it begs the questions...if she bores you so much, why even bother reading about her?

What makes her fascinating is her life choices and charity commitment that makes her someone who stands outside of the usual robotic royal ladies of Europe. Afterall, she's been a beautiful wild princess that sold more tabloids in her hayday rivaling the likes of Princess Diana and Princess Grace.

For those of us who are Vogue Paris readers, the M&M photos were much more artistically interesting than Testino style. I enjoyed reading about her, to see her own personal growth after the crazy period in her past.

Just a slight correction : it was a magazine that referred to Stephanie as dreaming of being a shampoo girl. (see my post above). I am not that witty ! It was ages ago, but I guess it stuck with me because I was in a beauty salon, waiting for my turn, and the shampoo girl who led me to the basin was in full Princess Stephanie 80's paraphernalia. Which goes to prove that when you are a shampoo girl, you don't have to cramp your style, which of course never stopped Stephanie, but that Stephanie was given opportunities which shampoo girls will never have, and which, in my opinion, she squandered, for she failed at everything she tried. Sure, at first she succeeded, big time. And she probably would not call any of her aborted career attempts failures but loss of interest or whatever. Some might call it a short attention span. At any rate, Vogue is forgiving, for it is well-known that in this industry, rebellion may be accepted, even happily exploited, but professionalism is also expected, and talent is a must. See how Kate Moss recovered for example.
As for photographs or photographers, Helmut Newton might have caught something there, in the style of his eighties book (forget the title) of women with Stephanie's look. If only he could have taught her not to look so stiff, tense, and frightened.
Ironically, it's when Stephanie manages to look soft, dreamy, and gentle that she photographs best. Forget the "bad" atttitude !

What a suprise - I got one isssue via mail without any comment and senders-address from ... Many Thanks to largo Santa Claus ?????

Its not that punch copy of old photographs ...
There are some very nice old pictures with and of her family members, some of them were posted in this forum, some comments and short articels and not a novel about her life. Its really OK and most of the new prof. shots are very impressing (somemtimes outstaring .. but thats the stiff look which iloveroyals criticized ...)
Paper version is _much better_ than the computer pictures.
IMO: One shot failed from the photographers point of view - page 232. Steph is not very tall but this could have been done much better, not with such a low camera level (imo of course) ...) Maybe this gift was a broad hint to learn french again (last lesson was 24 years ago) because I m greedy to translate the text now :)

Radker18 youre right - For every Stephanie Fan its a _must have_!

Glistening Seas

:)The one thing with hobbies they don't require attention span on the longterm plan. So, it's probably no surprise that Stephanie got bored with whatever hobbies from shampoo girl to boutique's etc. For most these would seem like lifelong careers, however, for some they are simply hobbies and really don't require a long term attention span. So, to classify them as a failure because of no long term interest probably isn't the right assumption at a glance. Since they have no need to have a long term career, most things will fall under the short term interest category. :advent::candycane::poinsettia:

Could someone please post the family pictures that appear in the magazine here? Thanks.

hurried snapshots ...

Dont have a scanner at this time, but I did take some shots with the videocam (not all). Most of them were posted here in the forum - I have marked the with (P) when I was sure! (but takes some time to serach) - when I have configeured the new scanner driver I may send you some scans if you need them for your website (or someone else has just better pics)....
Here is the punch of pics:

little Steph:
with parents (p)
Have a coke
To little puppets :) (p)
bathing
skiiing and with her father
hoppa (p)

later:
young Grimaldis with USA style bathing clothes (p)
some event?
other:
Grace Page (p)
her fathers pet: the royal ape

and a HAPPY NEW YEAR ! to all of you !!!

Thanks Michelle , Stephanie looks happy and is enjoying herself , No sign of the kids ? Happy New Year :)

does anybody know where have spent the grimaldis their holidays? have they been all together?

Thanks for the nice pics of Steph skiing, Michelle :flowers::flowers:

The German magazine "a - die aktuelle" has Steph on it's cover this
week, but really disappointed me by being so uncandid. The cover
has this around ten-year-old pic, and advertises "sensational pics"
inside, but inside there only are more of these old pictures. The
magazines calls them new and tells the readers that Steph had
given an interview to Hola, although all those quotes are from
the VOGUE issue :nonono:

Here's the cover and here's a link to the website article.

thanks iceflower, but could someone translate the article in english?

You are most welcome, arual :flowers:
Please use an internet translator like Language Tools
in order to translate the whole article, as we can't offer
complete translations here as to copyright issues.

The article summary on that website basically says that Stephanie
had changed a lot ( as a proof they take those pics, although - as to
the fact that they are actually old ones - they can't be taken as a
proof ;)) . She would look like a young girl instead of a 43-year-old
mother of three children. Then they quote her VOGUE comments that
have already been quoted here, that she has three important men
in her life ( Rainier, Albert, Louis), that her children were the most
important persons in her life and that she tries to teach them the
important values in life.
So, nothing new - at least for us at the forums ;)

Thanks iceflower! no news at the end! These are the same comments that l read in Vogue Paris.Thank you again.

Stephanie has always been a very beautiful woman - however - the Vogue photos were touched up a lot. Her skin is not that smooth due to sun damage. Yes, she has an enviable figure for a woman her age.
It is good to see her more out and about and doing good works for the pricipality.
Her photos with the elephants are charming - she seems to have a real soft spot for animals. Just think if she threw herself into working for animal abuse charities - her high profile would help immensely.

Stephanie has always been a very beautiful woman - however - the Vogue photos were touched up a lot. Her skin is not that smooth due to sun damage. Yes, she has an enviable figure for a woman her age.
It is good to see her more out and about and doing good works for the pricipality.
Her photos with the elephants are charming - she seems to have a real soft spot for animals. Just think if she threw herself into working for animal abuse charities - her high profile would help immensely.

You have a good point she loves Animals , that would be something she should look into ;)

I saw the photos of Stephanie with the elephants too and I totally agree with you that she always seems to have a soft spot for any different kind of animals. It would be nice for her to get involed into working for animals abuse charities. ;)

according to the portuguese magazine CARAS, it seems that Stephanie has a new boyfiend. Is her personal trainer. His name's Christopher Pinna

http://i42.tinypic.com/1eqvd5.jpg

Right, the legends aside the photo say that Stéphanie has recovered her « joy de vivre » with her personal trainer who, is said to be married ( or at least was until last October ) and father of three children ( two of them are twins... ). Apparently Mr Pinna is a well known personality in France, since he was for several times Karate World and Europe Champion. He was even condecorated by Jacques Chirac as Great Oficial ( chevalier??? ) of the Order of Merith ( i hope the translation of the name of of the Order is correct... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom