Pauline Ducruet and the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris' fight...

... Steph, Albert, Camille, Pauline, Amélie, Sebastien and the others in the audience, Steph taking pics as ususal :p and you can hear them all cheer for him....

YouTube - Christopher Deleage (MON) vs Tahir Gulec (GER)

...using my sis' notebook and our shared pb-account I uploaded these pictures of the gang watching Chris' fight:

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6
pic7
pic8
pic9
pic10
pic11
pic12

They kinda look like scouts on tour with their matching shirts ...

..oh and a guy on facebook is in Singapore right now for tv or radio and has this pic of Pauline practicing this morning:

pic13

...and comments that the german diver likes her cause she's so nice and natural ...

Thank u. :cool::whistling::)
Cute how Steph needs her glasses now to manage her cam.
Chris did great - the german guy is very strong, fast and vice-champion of something, I heard.

Edit vice-worldchampion is Tahir G. from Germany.

Albert attended a few events in Singapore and made statements to the media -> story

What is the likelihood that Daniel Ducruet might attend Pauline's event?

Results thus far

Here’s the rundown-I’ll edit as needed when changes happen.
Monaco Results thus Far:
Amelie: Swimming
4th of 8 competitors in the 2nd heat of the Women’s Youth 100m Freestyle Swimming event
Massimo:Sailing
Race 1: 20th of 21 Competitors
Race 2: 22nd of 29 Competitors
Race 3:19th of 29 Competitors
Race 4: 26th of 27 Competitors
Race 5: 29th of 29 Competitors
Race 6:21st of 27 Competitors
After 6 races, Massimo is placed in overall 25th of 26.
His three races scheduled for today (Saturday) have been delayed.
Christopher:TaeKwon Do
Was defeated by Tahir GuleC from Germany in the 73kg Peliminary
Pauline: Diving
She will compete Monday, August 23rd in the Women’s 3m Springboard competition, and hopefully will do well against the other 12 girls and make it into the finals the same day.

Elly: as for the likely hood of Daniel attending Pauline's event, I imagine he'll be there-after all, it's not every day your only daughter appears in the Olympics. :)

Edit, Saturday:
Massimo’s final races have been moved to Monday….
At 12:05, 13:05, 14:05…all times Singapore time.
Pauline’s event (held at a different venue than Massimo’s) will take place Monday at 13:30, Singapore time. Hopefully, she’ll make it into the finals later that same day. :D :monacoflag:

Prince Albert pictured with Massimo
Nice Matin

I think this is a lovely photo of a relaxed Albert who is fully immersed in encouraging the young athletes of his country. My French isn't brilliant, but the article ( I think) basically discusses Massimo's performance in the races so far ,today's delay & tactics.

Nice Matin

I think this is a lovely photo of a relaxed Albert who is fully immersed in encouraging the young athletes of his country. My French isn't brilliant, but the article ( I think) basically discusses Massimo's performance in the races so far ,today's delay & tactics.

That's right Elly, and I completely agree with you on Albert. ( Just posted the same link to his current events thread :cool::ROFLMAO::bang::whistling::p )

Nice Matin

I agree 100% here....

Thanks for the update Th ( shortend that- hope it's ok ).

Steph and Camille watching diving:

GI1
Gi2
GI3
GI4
GI5
GI6
No problem...thanks for the photos! :D
As for another update:
Massimo’s final races have been moved to Monday….
At 12:05, 13:05, 14:05…all times Singapore time.
Pauline’s event (held at a different venue than Massimo’s) will take place Monday at 13:30, Singapore time. Hopefully, she’ll make it into the finals later that same day.
I’m disappointed we haven’t seen any other Grimaldis yet-perhaps for Pauline’s event. Like I said before, we probably won’t spot the Casiraghi’s, but likely could be Caro, Daniel, Alex, Louis, Charlene, and Michael at her event.
As for the likelyhood of her making to the finals,
I just looked up this on the site:
“The 12 divers with the highest preliminaries scores will compete in the finals. The diving order in the finals will be the reverse order of the preliminaries ranking.”
Not sure if that means 12 divers from ALL of the events, or each individual event, which if it is it’s by individual event, the likelyhood is pretty good-there are only 13 girls competing in her event. :D :monacoflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Albert and Olympic pole vault champion Sergey Bubka stand at attention
as the national anthem of Kenya is played during the medal ceremony for the
women's 3000m finals at the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games (YOG) in
Singapore August 22, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Update:

As of 12:54AM US Eastern time....Massimo's races have been delayed again -Must be bad weather/no wind in Singapore....
Pauline is still scheduled to compete at 13:30 in the Youth Women's 3m Springboard compettition....and hopefully, in the finals at 20:30 the same day.
And FYI, on the Youth Olympics site, the compettitions can be watched live by going to the main page, and clicking the YOG TV Live tab, and I *believe* Pauline's event will be on Channel 3 starting at 13:25 (which, if I did the time conversion right, is in less than an hour!)...but if you miss it, it can also be watched by going to the video on demand tab, I imagine it will be there as well at some point or on the youtube page.
:monacoflag::unsure:

Edit: Pelims just started....they did a pan of the crowd...a lot of people wearing red polo shirts...definate sightings were Prince Albert, Princess Stephanie and Camille sitting together, with POSSIBLE Daniel, Louis and Michael, and several others...not sure who exactly they were though...perhaps the rest of the MON team, and maybe the MON IOC people? (minus Massimo who was racing....so that would be Yvette Lambin-Berti, Ameile, Christopher, their parents...not sure who else it could be,...thought MAYBE MAYBE Caro...MAYBE.) and Yes, it is Chanel 3, FYI.

Edit 2: Massimo's races have taken off- in his first race of the day, (unofficially) 28th of 29 compettitors. In his second race of the day (unoffically) 22 of 28 compettitors. His *new* overall place is still 26th overall.

Edit 3: Pelims in Pauline's compettition just ended...she placed 10th...and qualified for the finals later today! :D In Massimo's second race, he placed 22nd of 22. :monacoflag:

Is it a bad thing that I'm overly thrilled that Pauline's doing so well, compared to her US compettitor? ;)
Back in a few hours for edit 4 on how the finals go....
:)

Edit 4: Starting now....it's raining in Singapore. Channel three, still. Edit 5 coming with the results.....
Edit 5: Pauline came in 12th in the end of the finals.
Final Results of the 3m Diving:
1. Liu Jiau CHIN
2. Pandelea Pamg MAS
3. Viktoryia Potyekhina UKR
4. Pamela Ware CAN
5. Hannah Thek AUS
6. Elena Bertocci ITA
7. Kieu Duong GER
8. Anika Lenz USA
9. Fanny Bouvet FRA
10. Bennanelys Velasquez VEN
11. Teresa Velljo MEX
12. Pauline Ducruet MON

Here are the first pics from today!

Pauline Ducruet taking part in the youth women's 3m springboard preliminary
round at the Youth Olympic Games 2010 in Singapore on August 23, 2010.

Prince Albert was there, Sebastien Gattuso sat in the same row (pic 9),
the lady next to Camille is Daniel Ducruet's girlfriend and Daniel and Louis
were sitting behind Stephanie and Camille.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

And here are some great additions full of joy, fun, tension, relief and love :)

The pic of Prince Albert with Camille (pic 12) is really rare and nice to see!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** Pic 7** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 ** Pic 12 **

Last edited:
Monaco Results thus Far:
Amelie: Swimming

4th of 8 competitors in the 2nd heat of the Women’s Youth 100m Freestyle Swimming event
Massimo:Sailing
Race 1: 20th of 21 Competitors
Race 2: 22nd of 29 Competitors
Race 3:19th of 29 Competitors
Race 4: 26th of 27 Competitors
Race 5: 29th of 29 Competitors
Race 6:21st of 27 Competitors
Race 7: 28 of 29 Compettitors
Race 8: 22 of 27 Compettitors

Massimo still has 3 more races scheduled for Tuesday at 12:05, 13:05 and 14:05 Singapore time

After 8 races, Massimo is placed in overall 25th of 26....still
Christopher:TaeKwon Do
Was defeated by Tahir Gulec from Germany in the 73kg Peliminary
Pauline: Diving
-made it to the finals in 10th place.
-took the compettition ending over all in 12th place.

Wonderful photos - thanks so much for sharing. Pauline looks so much like Stephanie in pics 2 & 8 of the first set. I wonder what Pauline had set as her target - it's great she made the final.

^It is really great that she made the final.She can definitely improve her rankings for the Olympic Games 2012.So good to see her family there.:)
Camille is so cute,she has very fine facial features.

:flowers: Thanks guys.

Many more:

(Pic 26 she's Steph's reflection)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 -

15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 -

27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37 - 38 - 39

40 - 41 - 42 - 43 - 44 - 45 - 46 - 47 - 48 - 49 - 50 - 51 -

52 - 53 - 54 - 55

I think it's awsome she made it into the finals.
She's such a cool gal, nice and natural.
You go, Pauline!

It's so sweet to see her crowd there cheering her on - and her parents cuddling her, very cute.

The video of her prelims: Official Webcasting Platform of the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games

Thanks for all the wonderful pics! It's so cool that she made it to the finals! Congrats to her and her family!

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseow/4922261131/

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/starstruckfan/0002_4R_1.jpg

Prince Albert and Charlotte Casiraghi in the background after Pauline's final diving competiton. Photo taken by me.

My camera malfunctioned as I tried to take this photo of Charlotte at the diving competition. Camera repair cost is now estimated to be upwards of $250. But you can still see, that even when she is out of focus she is still stunning. At least I captured a pic above with her uncle eventhough you can only see her profile. Thank goodness my big bro got a ton of stunning shots of her. Even without makeup she is stunning.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/starstruckfan/0010_4R_1.jpg

Princess Stephanie, the proud Mama after Pauline's competition.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/starstruckfan/0007_4R_1.jpg

I'm sorry, but the woman referred (post #83) is not Charlotte Casiraghi but apparently the girlfriend of Daniel Ducruet - I guess.

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseow/4922261131/

Prince Albert and Charlotte Casiraghi in the background after Pauline's final diving competiton. Photo taken by me.

My camera malfunctioned as I tried to take this photo of Charlotte at the diving competition. Camera repair cost is now estimated to be upwards of $250. But you can still see, that even when she is out of focus she is still stunning. At least I captured a pic above with her uncle eventhough you can only see her profile. Thank goodness my big bro got a ton of stunning shots of her. Even without makeup she is stunning.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/starstruckfan/0010_4R_1.jpg

Princess Stephanie, the proud Mama after Pauline's competition.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/starstruckfan/0007_4R_1.jpg

Great photos!

I'm sorry, but the woman referred (post #83) is not Charlotte Casiraghi but apparently the girlfriend of Daniel Ducruet - I guess.

Gotta concour here...that's not Charlotte, but Daniel's girlfriend. :)

Great article!

:flowers:Well Done, Pauline!:ROFLMAO: Hope you win a medal.
Nope-none of the Moneguse kids placed in medal catagory....
see my previous post on the standings. She made it to the finals in 10th place, but placed in the finals 12th.

oops, my mistake sorry. Strangely, she does somewhat resemble caroline in some angles and she is very, very stunning.

oops, my mistake sorry. Strangely, she does somewhat resemble caroline in some angles and she is very, very stunning.
Yeah, when I first saw other photos of the family cheering her on, and was watching the video/live feed of the event and it panned to the crowd, I thought the same thing.:flowers:

I wonder if the royals have left or if they're staying till the closing ceremonies. Albert observed one of the other family from the US who was cheering on their daughter. After the event, he walked over and chatted with them and gave them some olympic pins. Very nice down to earth guy.

Yeah, when I first saw other photos of the family cheering her on, and was watching the video/live feed of the event and it panned to the crowd, I thought the same thing.:flowers:

Exactly. I've got another picture where you would think she is Charlotte. Stunning. On closer insepection, they've got different eye colors and Charlotte looks a bit more delicate, if that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom