Louis, Pauline and Camille - Their future roles in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
In the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/national-day-2009-monaco-24999.html thread, the role of Louis, Pauline and Camille was briefly discussed.

Do you think that they should participate in official state events, should Stephanie shield them from the press and finally what role do you think they will play in the future of Monaco.

Please remember to be civil and respect the opinions of those who you might disagree with.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

What some of the contributors are fearing, has already happened.

Both Louis and Pauline are active in sport, and there is plenty of video footage and images of their activities.

Camille has also attended some events with her mother, and she seemed to enjoy them.

As to their role(s) in the future, that's up to them. They won't have the same weight of responsibilities as the three main players or the Casiraghi trio.

It will be interesting and rewarding to see them grow into adults.

And yet, I see the press and public interest of Louis, Camille and Pauline somewhat limited. Yes, there are pictures of them but only because Stephanie is there. You very rarely see pics of them without their mother. I think the press is interested in the Stephanie angle.

I do think that they will eventually be seen more in the public life as they get older but only because they are the grandchildern of Grace and Rainier (moreso Grace), and we will see them at Monaco special events (Red Cross Ball, National Day, etc) just like we see the de Massy's. But they will be part of the jet set like Tatianna, Stravos, etc.

I'm not sure . Louis is 17 by now, Pauline almost 16. Wouldn't the hype have started yet if it ever happens. What I know for sure is that they are very much a part of Monaco's young hip crowd now which is good - they have their spot in Monaco and I think it's an important one

Princess Stephanie has shielded them probably as much and for as long as it would be possible to. They will always get some attention but I cannot see them being major figures or having much of an official role with the Princely Family because they are so far down in the ranking system. Most of the focus will always be on the immediate family, as in any monarchy, and given that someone like Andrea, who as things stand now is second in line for the throne, has little to no official duties, nor even a title as of yet, I cannot see them ever taking on such a position. They will be very comfortable, able to do as they please and might take up some slack here and there if their cousins need them to but I doubt it will be more than that or anything very official.
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

I don't think many people would be very interested in the ranking system. Steph's kids are seen as part of the Grimaldi Clan, and more so than the De Massy cousins.

I think that interest in Louis and Pauline as "beautiful people" will steadily increase whilst the "older generation" slides into their Sixties.

I'm kinda sure that we will see them when they are a little older, say 18, at Monaco Red Cross Ball, or Bal de la Rose.
The Casirahgis didn't attend this events till Pierre was older, so...
But I think that's it. They will only appear in some events, like the De Massys, and make some charities fuctions, I mean, why not?

Exactly Natalie I think that will be the extent of it.

If I didn't participate in the Forums I wouldn't know Elizabeth de Massy is. I mean, I used to read Hello on regular and looking back at some old issues she was certainly photograhed in the crowd at the Red Cross ball but it certainly wasn't highlighted that she was Caroline, Albert and Stephanie's cousin and one time a heir to the throne. I believe is she is no longer correct? Just a member of the extended ruling family?

Exactly Zonk, she is just a member of the extended ruling family, because she is descendent of Antoinette, and she is not longer in line to throne, according to new law that Rainier modified.
I wouldn't know who are the De Massy if I wasn't on this forums. I guess popularity is not too much with Antoinette's family.

I think Pauline will probably get into the spotlight first but not for being royal for being a Diver She has already gotten some attention for it already She seems to take it seriously and you never know 2012 she may be in London .

Wouldn't it be fantastic if she was in London in 2012?! :) :flowers:

Glistening Seas

I think the roles Louis Camilla and Pauline will play in Monaco will largely depend on what they & Stephanie as a parent decides they want to do!!

:candycane:Right now they are pretty young to really grasp all that's involved with having a goldfish bowl life. As they get older they will naturally draw the attention for whatever they wish to do so!

:candycane: Pauline has already made a splash with her sports involvement & her beauty as well so it's impossible to think that with age that will fade.

:candycane:Camilla has already done some small speaking roles and support of charities as well. The resemblence Louis has to PA & Camilla has to Pss. Grace it's inevitable as they get older the interest will be there if they chose to cultivate it.

the important thing is to enjoy their childhood and study hard and the rest they will see what they want to do when they want to do it. Children lives should not have every little detail of their lives to be planned out for them. They should be allowed a little 'wiggle room' in their lives for spontinaity as it allows for them to cultivate their creativity and the feeling of self accomplishment and independence --it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it be fantastic if she was in London in 2012?! :) :flowers:
it would she would be representing Monaco , It would be great her family would be their to support her I hope that in 2012 she will be their

Considering how far down they are in the line succession and considering how high on the list Andrea is who still doesn't have a title or official duties and really cannot see them ever taking on a major role for the Principality. As I said, I'm sure they will be around to help out if need be and there will probably always be some attention on them (just for being attractive, wealthy and well-connected if nothing else) but I can't see them having many "official" duties for the country.

I don't think Andrea has the publicity he has because he's second/third in line but because he lives the kind of lifestyle he lives. Caroline's kids have always been a part of this glossy glamour world ... Don't get me wrong, that's fine by me - I like 'em a lot, always have - Stephanie's kids are Monaco crowd. Not yet Paris, London, New York, Rome crowd ...

There's plenty of other wealthy young elites that I've never heard of or seen plastered all over magazines the way Andrea is. If Princess Stephanie's children are more a part of the local Monaco crowd than the jet set crowd I'd say also it's more to their credit. I have heard that Princess Stephanie is viewed the same way, very beloved by the Monegasque as being one of their own. I'm sure that true of Caroline and Albert too of course, but I've just heard it said that Stephanie has a particular sort of popularity in that way. If her children stay that way they might not get the press that their cousins do but they will probably be all the more popular for that.

There's plenty of other wealthy young elites that I've never heard of or seen plastered all over magazines the way Andrea is. If Princess Stephanie's children are more a part of the local Monaco crowd than the jet set crowd I'd say also it's more to their credit. I have heard that Princess Stephanie is viewed the same way, very beloved by the Monegasque as being one of their own. I'm sure that true of Caroline and Albert too of course, but I've just heard it said that Stephanie has a particular sort of popularity in that way. If her children stay that way they might not get the press that their cousins do but they will probably be all the more popular for that.

There, I agree ....:)

Got sent this picture.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s360/new_haven_2008/n611025538_5875.jpg

Pauline's really beautiful. Hope to see her in London 2012. She'd rock the pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a beauty! Never seen that pic! Thanks sebastian :)

There, I agree ....:)

Got sent this picture.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s360/new_haven_2008/n611025538_5875.jpg

Pauline's really beautiful. Hope to see her in London 2012. She'd rock the pool.

Wonderful picture, Pauline is beautiful.

As regards the papzs I strongly believe that when Louis and Pauline will start "dating" they willbe there........ It is impossible for anyone of the Grimaldi family not to attract the press.:bang: independantly oftheir rank. All this family, out of its glamour and notoriety, are also beautiful, so a "gift" for yellow press!!

I don't think Andrea has the publicity he has because he's second/third in line but because he lives the kind of lifestyle he lives. Caroline's kids have always been a part of this glossy glamour world ... Don't get me wrong, that's fine by me - I like 'em a lot, always have - Stephanie's kids are Monaco crowd. Not yet Paris, London, New York, Rome crowd ...

The Casiraghi kids didn't get the publicity in their lives when they started jetting around, They always had it, From the minute the peeped out of their prams.

Stephanie's kids have never been of interest to the press and, for their sakes, long may this continue.

Wonderful picture, Pauline is beautiful.

As regards the papzs I strongly believe that when Louis and Pauline will start "dating" they willbe there........ It is impossible for anyone of the Grimaldi family not to attract the press.:bang: independantly oftheir rank. All this family, out of its glamour and notoriety, are also beautiful, so a "gift" for yellow press!!

I don't think they will ever show them more then a passing glance. And more power to them for it. They can have a normalise life.

Pauline is indeed very pretty and very like Princess Caroline and to a lesser extent Charlotte (like P.Caroline in a way Charlotte isn't).

We may see just how popular the Ducruet/Gottlieb kids are with the paparazzi very soon..... when the circus comes to town again.

We may see just how popular the Ducruet/Gottlieb kids are with the paparazzi very soon..... when the circus comes to town again.

It isn't a good thing for the paparazzi to be interested in them. To live a public life is not to give their lives validity. I am sure they are having happy lives away from the spotlight. And things will probably continue like that. I hope it does. In that respect they are a hundred times luckier than their maternal cousins.

We are also comparing apples to oranges in regards to the press. Yes, Caroline's kids have a lot of press interest but lets remember a couple of things that make them different from Stephanie kids.

1) When Andrea, Charlotte, and Pierre were children (under the age of 12) the press interest and the internet was not as wide spread. Back then you had professional photographers who made it their business to stalk Caroline. Now any person with a cell phone or a digital camera can take a picture and sell it for money. So we get these pics of Pauline and Louis
2) Caroline has a very uneasy relationship with the press and is not afraid to sue (sometimes she wins and sometimes she doesn't) if she feels if her privacy is invaded
3) Cute pictures of kids sell and people are interested. But pictures teenagers and rich beautiful and fun young adults sell more...so of course people are interested at this point in the Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre.
4) If Albert does not marry and produce a legit heir, the throne will pass to Caroline and her kids. Either way Stephanie's kids will be in the public but not as much. Especially if they are out of the line of royal succession.
5) Stephanie has made a concerted effort to bring her kids around when doing public engagements. Not the case for Caroline.

We are also comparing apples to oranges in regards to the press. Yes, Caroline's kids have a lot of press interest but lets remember a couple of things that make them different from Stephanie kids.

1) When Andrea, Charlotte, and Pierre were children (under the age of 12) the press interest and the internet was not as wide spread. Back then you had professional photographers who made it their business to stalk Caroline. Now any person with a cell phone or a digital camera can take a picture and sell it for money. So we get these pics of Pauline and Louis
2) Caroline has a very uneasy relationship with the press and is not afraid to sue (sometimes she wins and sometimes she doesn't) if she feels if her privacy is invaded
3) Cute pictures of kids sell and people are interested. But pictures teenagers and rich beautiful and fun young adults sell more...so of course people are interested at this point in the Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre.
4) If Albert does not marry and produce a legit heir, the throne will pass to Caroline and her kids. Either way Stephanie's kids will be in the public but not as much. Especially if they are out of the line of royal succession.
5) Stephanie has made a concerted effort to bring her kids around when doing public engagements. Not the case for Caroline.

I think its kind of Alberts fault that his sisters children are being mentioned at all. Caroline kids serves a purpose as the Grimaldi line being preserved. The line of Rainier is really the House of Polignac/ he is a Grimaldi thru political reasonings/ If Caroline succeeds her brother it would be really the House of Casirighi that sits on the Throne. This is where Albert has fallen short- not to produce a legal child/ thru marriage. Grace and Rainier left a principality to thier children something that they could be proud of- no longer a joked about country -Other royals grew to respect Monaco- and Albert is going backwards another 50 years IMO

I think its kind of Alberts fault that his sisters children are being mentioned at all. Caroline kids serves a purpose as the Grimaldi line being preserved. The line of Rainier is really the House of Polignac/ he is a Grimaldi thru political reasonings/ If Caroline succeeds her brother it would be really the House of Casirighi that sits on the Throne. This is where Albert has fallen short- not to produce a legal child/ thru marriage. Grace and Rainier left a principality to thier children something that they could be proud of- no longer a joked about country -Other royals grew to respect Monaco- and Albert is going backwards another 50 years IMO

it isn't his fault that the media have always showed a preverse interest in the Casiraghi's. That was always the case. Paparazzi following them to school, on their walks, with their dog. That was the case long before it appeared that Albert would, and will never have an heir.

Glistening Seas

:candycane:Pa & the Monaco lineage is certainly well preserved even without PA marrying. However, just because PA isn't marrying CW doesn't mean that somewhere down the road he will marry someone else if he is in love. that's after all what marriage is all about. :poinsettia:

only time will tell what the future roles steph children will take when they reach adulthood... Its just my feeling, that these children wont become socialite like their cousins. they'll become 'normal' rich people. how lucky is that...

it isn't his fault that the media have always showed a preverse interest in the Casiraghi's. That was always the case. Paparazzi following them to school, on their walks, with their dog. That was the case long before it appeared that Albert would, and will never have an heir.

AGREE!

The paparazzis and Monaco is a very old story, it started when Grace Kelly married Pc Rainier, and never stopped!!!

Since the descendence of them is beautiful and glamorous, their pics will "sell". It is true that now papz are "quite" calm with Stephanie's family, but remember the time when Stephanie was cought at any exotic beach, or resort, kissing boyfriends etc etc, she was never quite. And even now, every time we think she might have a new relation, they follow her. Just her life is slightly less glamorous that Caro's but papz still have an eye to her.

All this has nothinh to do with Prince Albert and is marriage/non marriage ideas.

^ Can anyone translate what he says about them ?

Back
Top Bottom