The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Daniel Ducruet

Did you know Daniel Ducruet is one of the protagonists of Italian new reality show "La Fattoria" (the farm)? The first day, when they entered the farm, he was accompanied by his mother and his new girlfriend, a19 year-old cuban model...
wonder what Steph (and Rainier) think about this.. kisses

Old 04-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace@Apr 10th, 2004 - 4:53 am
Did you know Daniel Ducruet is one of the protagonists of Italian new reality show "La Fattoria" (the farm)? The first day, when they entered the farm, he was accompanied by his mother and his new girlfriend, a19 year-old cuban model...
wonder what Steph (and Rainier) think about this.. kisses
Are you Italian? Is that a big brother kind of show(where you are the show) or a survivor kind of show(where waht you do makes the show)? If it's a big brother kind, did he say anything about his kids?

Thanks

Old 04-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

He gave a short interview:

What's your relationship with Stephanie like?

D.D: Very good. we're two cicilized people who have two wonderful kids together. the only difference is that we are not living together anymore. But apart from our kids there's also a strong friendship that links us.

Do you still love her?

D.D: She was the most important woman in my life. She's a wonderful woman and an amazing mom.

You never argue?

D.D: Oh, sure we do...

About what?

D.D: The usual topic. The bringing-up of the kids.

Do you have an example?

D.D: TV or not! Junkfood or not! Very usual stuff, nothing serious.

And waht abouth Paulines appearence in Knie's circus show?

D.D: That was a point we argued about. I didn't like it so much. But the little one enjoyed it so much...that made me weak. She always get 'round her little thumb...

What is Stephanie's new husband like?

D.D: A very very nice guy.

Is Stephanie happy?

D.D: I guess she is. It seems like it. He's very nice with the kids. They're fond of him.

What is Stephanie really like?

D.D: A great woman who had to go through a lot. And she's an amazing cook.

That's what Adans told about her as well...

D.D: I totally agree with him.

How often do you see Stephanie?

A lot. Because of our kids we often spoend time together. My ex-wife has a wonderful relationship with my mother. Stephanie is very understanding....

Interview with Mr. Daniel Ducruet / April 2004
Old 04-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Yes, I'm italian...Daniel is one taking part in a new reality show: the protagonists have to pretend they are farmers in a farm of the 19th century; they have to work the land and work with the animals in order to survive without external help or technology...they are all VIPs or ex VIPS, known in Italy for some reason.
When he entered Daniel said he had decided to participate to learn to speak better in Italian ( as a matter of fact his Italian is already pretty good). I'll let you know what happens...kisses
Old 04-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace@Apr 11th, 2004 - 5:42 pm
Yes, I'm italian...Daniel is one taking part in a new reality show: the protagonists have to pretend they are farmers in a farm of the 19th century; they have to work the land and work with the animals in order to survive without external help or technology...they are all VIPs or ex VIPS, known in Italy for some reason.
When he entered Daniel said he had decided to participate to learn to speak better in Italian ( as a matter of fact his Italian is already pretty good). I'll let you know what happens...kisses
Thanks for all the information Grace! It was quite fun to hear and I was quite surprised. I don't know how Daniel still surprises me but he actually does. Even Stephanie surprises me very little at this point. When she married the acrobat I was like, "oh, ok.". I was just surprised that it was an acrobat from the Knie circus :woot: . Can you imagine how Pauline and Louis will turn out being the children of those two. My God, they'll be so fun! Specially Pauline that always had quite a good lot from Steph's personality.

It would be great to watch the show. I wish I was in Italy now! Please, if he ever mention his kids(specially Pauline) or Steph, let me know. Thanks for everything!

Michelle, thanks for the interview. I can imagine how Pauline has Daniel around her little fingers. She would have me too if she knew me. And I was quite happy to hear that Adans is nice with the kids. At first I liked him a lot but later I had quite a strong impression that he was too interested in Camille and not so much in the little Ducruets. And I started to really dislike him because of that. I still sense some nepotism there but I see that it's not as much as I thought. And Daniel was quite nice this time. I have an interview with him where he wasn't particularly nice. :(

Well, I hope to talk to you all soon!
kisses to everybody!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Gentry

What do you all really think about Daniel Ducruet? I go back and forth about his character. During the divorce, and when he wrote the tell-all book and posed in "sexy" photos in his apartment for HOLA, I was disgusted with him and thought he was making a thorough job of self-servingly exploiting his relationship with Stephanie. And now, the Italian reality TV show.

On the other hand, his ongoing relations with the Princess, and his obvious deep love for his kids, seems to redeem him somewhat. Is he basically a weak man, who was in over his head? Stephanie's devotion to him for so many years much have at least a little bit of substance behind it.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by mapie@Apr 13th, 2004 - 5:15 pm
What do you all really think about Daniel Ducruet? I go back and forth about his character. During the divorce, and when he wrote the tell-all book and posed in "sexy" photos in his apartment for HOLA, I was disgusted with him and thought he was making a thorough job of self-servingly exploiting his relationship with Stephanie. And now, the Italian reality TV show.

On the other hand, his ongoing relations with the Princess, and his obvious deep love for his kids, seems to redeem him somewhat. Is he basically a weak man, who was in over his head? Stephanie's devotion to him for so many years much have at least a little bit of substance behind it.
I agree that his devotion to his kids and presence in their lives is very redeeming. However, I seriously question his judgement at times. For a mature man, he just never seems to think before he acts. He really seems to be so ignorant at times.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think he's a bad guy. But I do think he's one of the most imature people on earth.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacqueline@Apr 13th, 2004 - 7:07 pm

I agree that his devotion to his kids and presence in their lives is very redeeming. However, I seriously question his judgement at times. For a mature man, he just never seems to think before he acts. He really seems to be so ignorant at times.
[/quote]
Would not dispute that, nor that he is very immature.

But then what the heck did Stephanie see in him? Why was she so nuts about him, for so long? The answer I think must be that he filled some void in her, but what exactly was it and why was HE so good at doing it?

I mean, I don't really get it. On the surface, her relationship with Ducruet seems to me fairly identical to Caroline's with Stefano Casiraghi. Both tall good-looking guys who'd been with lots of women, both couples got pregnant before they were married, both went on to have more children and appear to the rest of the world blissfully happy in countless photographs as paragons of domestic family life. Was that just Stephanie keeping him in line for all that time, and eventually there came a time when she couldn't? But why did she beleive she loved him so much? Didn't she think she deserved any better than that?

(Of course, if Stefano hadn't died, who knows where that marriage would have gone. But because he did die he is memorialized as The Love of Caroline's life.)

It does seem that true blue family-devoted unquestionably faithful men like Rainier are fairly rare among Mediterranean cultures.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:44 PM

Daniel is a player--not relationship material.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Daniel like you have 8probably) never seen him!

Caption:
12-04-2004 - REALITY SHOW "LA FATTORIA" (THE ITALIAN VERSION OF THE AMERICAN REALITY TV SHOW "THE SIMPLE LIFE")GROUPS CONTESTANTS IN AN 1870 TUSCAN FARM WITHOUT MODERN CONVENIENCES. DANIEL DUCRUET, FORMER HUSBAND OF PRINCESS STEPHANIE OF MONACO. (source:fotomarktplatz.de)
Old 02-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Daniel Ducruet is currently acting in a new TV movie for RAI1, set in the XIX century Sardinia, where he plays the part of a French businessman (source DIVAeDONNA)
Old 03-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder if anybody would be interested in hiring Daniel as an actor if he was not Stephanie's ex husband. I also don't like that he is/was taking part in reality show with Steph children. I think he was using them and I think he is using all the time a fact that he was Steph husband.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Aristocracy

Daniel is taking advantage of Steph and the kids if he wanted to persue acting then go to acting school he dosn't have to anser ANY questions about his relationship with Steph and kids that's private all he could/should say is no comment but he probabply can't afford too because he won't get paid.
and sometimes money matters more than privacy.
Wittykitty
Old 03-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittykitty
Daniel is taking advantage of Steph and the kids if he wanted to persue acting then go to acting school he dosn't have to anser ANY questions about his relationship with Steph and kids that's private all he could/should say is no comment but he probabply can't afford too because he won't get paid.
and sometimes money matters more than privacy.
Wittykitty
In the article I posted Daniel mentions neither Steph nor the kids. He's just talking about his acting career. I never saw him acting, but I can assure he's a good TV host. Of course being Steph ex- husband may have helped at first, but now he's proven to be on the ball...
Old 03-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

Two studio shots of Daniel:

(gossip.it)
Old 03-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs down Another interview by Daniel Ducruet

Daniel gave another interview. He took part in the talkshow 'Salsa Rosa' on telecinco.
He talked about his relation with Steph. It is very very close, he says - and about a possible new marriage : ' You never know ... '(with a smile) ... She is (been?) the greatest love of his life. The relation is special, the feelings are special because she is his kids mommy ...

And again he was asked about Caro and desribed her as arrogant, egoisitic, selfish. like from another planet ... if there would be a new wdding he wouldn't invite her

Here's the link : http://www.salsarosa.telecinco.es/dn_30.htm

Don't know if you manage to watch the videos, I couldn't :(

German mag 'Die Aktuelle' took over :

http://www.aktuelle.de/aktuelle/cont...s.php?sid=2673

(same old story, blablabla )

So now my two cents:

It can be just me but I think it is enough !!!
Why is he doing this? What is he thinking?
Is Steph fine with this talking? I can't imagine that she agrees!
He wouldn't invite Caro?! I feel like Caro wouldn't go anyway !

Steph can't seriously be wanting that! I can't understand this. Why tearing this family apart!??!
Old 03-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't understand it neither....:(
What is he aiming at?

Seriously, there are not many possibilities...
..if the relationship between him and Steph is as strong and close as he is is saying then why is he saying things that might hurt her?!
1st possibility: She agrees with him and isn't hurt by the remarks he makes about her sister! ... That doesn't seem logic to me as she is always talking about the big importance her family takes in her life and about how much they all love and respect each other...

2nd possibility: She is kind of trapped. She wants her children to have a good relationship with their father, she doesn't want to disturb that...and therefor doesn't say a word about Daniel's public appearances.

Or she's just clever enough to let others talk the nonsense and chooses to keep intelligent silence herself.

But how can she stay close and friendly with him when he's keeping on talking this way? Is it possible that she chose his side of the coin in this case secretly? No, I don't think so!

:(

Old 03-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Daniel gave another interview. He took part in the talkshow 'Salsa Rosa' on telecinco.
He talked about his relation with Steph. It is very very close, he says - and about a possible new marriage : ' You never know ... '(with a smile) ... She is (been?) the greatest love of his life. The relation is special, the feelings are special because she is his kids mommy ...

And again he was asked about Caro and desribed her as arrogant, egoisitic, selfish. like from another planet ... if there would be a new wdding he wouldn't invite her

So now my two cents:

It can be just me but I think it is enough !!!
Why is he doing this? What is he thinking?
Is Steph fine with this talking? I can't imagine that she agrees!
He wouldn't invite Caro?! I feel like Caro wouldn't go anyway !

Steph can't seriously be wanting that! I can't understand this. Why tearing this family apart!??!
I completely agree with you Sebastian!

If I would be on Stephanie's place, there's no way I would let go Daniel speaks those things forever and ever.. I have a sister with whom I have "fights" too..No matter on any kind of disagreement that could be between us, I can't imagine no reacting on situation when someone would trashing her over and over again..specially when ex-husband with delicate cheating episode is about..
Also, Louis and Pauline doesn't deserve to be in middle of family-affair, all made by Daniel..

Stephanie, teach him a lesson, at least for kid's sake!!
Old 03-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I agree with you all. I think there are two aspects why Daniel talks about those things over and over again: 1. he is always asked the same questions as his relationship with Steph and his contacts with the family are the only thing people are interested in. And 2. he was hurt. He has that huge wound inside of him, no matter what has really happened or why things happened the way they did, he can't cope with it, maybe he never will...