The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
That is so cruel, if true. And I wonder what Daniel is thinking, criticizing Stephanie for supposedly wasting time talking instead of doing charity... when at the same time, he is also 'talking'. I was never a fan of this guy; I wish he would just shut up.

I would like to think that Ice is right; this is just plain mean gossip! I shudder to think that after attacking Rainier and Caroline, he goes after Stephanie now.
if rainier and caro are going to be snobbish to daniel then why shouldn't he defend himself? that's like racism except it's classism - meaning being negatively prejudice against people without money. people can't help it if they don't have a lot of money - does that mean they're worth less? they criticise daniel because he was unfaithful - didn't caro get married out of spite for her mom? <removed gossip and hearsay> and what about albert having so many premarital sex partners? i thought they were devout catholics? daniel should defend himself against this classism.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsieh
if rainier and caro are going to be snobbish to daniel then why shouldn't he defend himself? that's like racism except it's classism - meaning being negatively prejudice against people without money. people can't help it if they don't have a lot of money - does that mean they're worth less? they criticise daniel because he was unfaithful - didn't caro get married out of spite for her mom? <removed gossip and hearsay> and what about albert having so many premarital sex partners? i thought they were devout catholics? daniel should defend himself against this classism.
I see your point, hsieh, on classism or being snobbish.

I may be wrong, but Rainier and Caroline never criticized Daniel in public (by way of the press)-and this is what I hated about Daniel.... for not keeping it within the family, and for talking about things years after his experience with them. Maybe Daniel felt snubbed by them and that would hurt anyone, I agree. But IMHO, for the interest of his kids, he shouldn't go on criticizing the (dead) grandfather and aunt, no matter their own personal differences. As far as I know, it was Rainier who supported his kids through Stephanie's allowance. He could at least show some graciousness towards Rainier for that.... Daniel goes on and on to attack the Grimaldis for about a decade now, it's so tiresome.... even right after Rainier's death; very poor timing. And he doesn't even have anything really new to say except more bad words - he just keeps on rehashing old stuff - and he gets paid for appearing on TV, in the papers, etc.... bashing them? I'm sorry, but that smacks of being opportunistic to me.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 09-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Monica, I would agree. It is tacky to make critical comments about your children dead grandfather and their aunt.

Perhaps they weren't as nice to Daniel as they could have been...maybe they thought he was opportunistic and wouldn't treat Stephanie right? Hmmm, I wonder where they got that idea. But let it be known, at least to my knowledge, they have never said anything bad about Daniel at least publicly. And he didn't seem to have a problem living off Rainier when he was married.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Monica, I would agree. It is tacky to make critical comments about your children dead grandfather and their aunt.

Perhaps they weren't as nice to Daniel as they could have been...maybe they thought he was opportunistic and wouldn't treat Stephanie right? Hmmm, I wonder where they got that idea. But let it be known, at least to my knowledge, they have never said anything bad about Daniel at least publicly. And he didn't seem to have a problem living off Rainier when he was married.
Zonk, I just want to highlight your last sentence. I agree. And he doesn't seem to have a problem with this now, too. It seems to me that everytime Daniel has something new to 'promote' (TV show, album, whatever), he gets on this 'attack' mode. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, it is okay to earn a living but not in this manner....he did the same thing earlier this year. Of course, he would be asked about the Grimaldis; that's a given. But he doesn't have to say nasty stuff. He could just be gracious and say good stuff or decline to comment, like the other ex-husband of Stephanie (Adans).

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 09-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Aristocracy

maybe they've degraded him in private with their classsim. something's really ticked him off to go after them like that. if they were nice to him he wouldn't be doing that. like i said they are no angels just because they have money - who are they to judge one just because they don't have money? and as for rainier supporting him - rainier CHOOSES to support his family - is daniel to worship him because he CHOOSES to support his kids? that's another thing - who are you to judge people when "daddy" still supports you? i don't see daniel talking bad about albert. albert must be nice to him.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Nobility

No matter how Rainier & Caroline treated Daniel, he is trashing Stephanie! The mother of his children. What did she so to him that causing this kind of venom?? There is no call him to public trash his former wife, the mother of 2 of his kids, and the same woman he ran around on. He is way out of line and needs to grow up.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsieh
maybe they've degraded him in private with their classsim. something's really ticked him off to go after them like that. if they were nice to him he wouldn't be doing that. like i said they are no angels just because they have money - who are they to judge one just because they don't have money?
Where have you heard that they dislike him because he has no money? Has Daniel mentioned something like that in an interview? I'm not sure, I havn't read soo much about him.

But I have to say that it is really tacky that every time he has a new project, he comes out with a new interview/statement about the Grimaldi's. In the end it's a private matter, and such things should be dealt with in private.

Who knows if they liked him or not, one thing is for sure, they never made a public statement about him, and that is the right thing to do, imo.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Pics of DD taking part in the reality show on Spanish TV can be found at:
http://archive.olycom.it/olycom/offe...do?idoff=29086
Old 09-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Prior to becoming a Monaco moderator..my knowledge on Daniel Ducruet was very limited. I knew he was Stephanie's ex-husband, father of two of her kids, stripper scandal, supposed to remarry, etc.

So I had to read the entire thread to see what the great hullablo was about Daniel vs Caroline/Ranier. And I must admit my opinion of the man got lower. While he does appear to be an attentive father (at least via the pics) I think he has a lot of nerve talking about Caroline and Rainier. First, have they have EVER spoken about this man in public? If not, why does he feel the need to denigrate them...he needs to be lucky that Caroline cares for Stephanie..cause she doesn't have a problem suing people and if some of things he has said about her (trying to seduce him....please..I think she has better taste in men ) are so outlandish and slanderous she should just sue him to shut him up!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Same old song, same old dance: this man is used to blaming somebody else for his failures.

Anyway, I once read - I guess in Eva mag - that he was in love with Caroline, but she didn't care a bit about him.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:21 AM
Commoner

Who or how many people Albert or Caroline have pre-marital sex w/ has ZERO to do w/ them being mad at a guy for hurting their little sister deeply. This bumb is judging them so why can't they do the same to him? Especially Raineir since he was taking care of the deadbeat.
Quote:
If they were nice to him he wouldn't be doing that.
That's not true. You can be nice to someone & treat them well & they still attack you. It's more like what horibble thing did DD do to Caroline & Rainer for them to dislike him so? He's spouting off trash because he's getting paid to & he has projects to promote. He should not be talking about his kids family in public like that, especially their own mother. It's his own fault he blew up his family, what a lowdown jerk!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT FOG?
Who or how many people Albert or Caroline have pre-marital sex w/ has ZERO to do w/ them being mad at a guy for hurting their little sister deeply. This bumb is judging them so why can't they do the same to him? Especially Raineir since he was taking care of the deadbeat.
That's not true. You can be nice to someone & treat them well & they still attack you. It's more like what horibble thing did DD do to Caroline & Rainer for them to dislike him so? He's spouting off trash because he's getting paid to & he has projects to promote. He should not be talking about his kids family in public like that, especially their own mother. It's his own fault he blew up his family, what a lowdown jerk!
Unfortunately, Stephanie seems to pick loosers alot. He is doing more damage to his kids by making comments about their Mother than anything. One day those kids are going to turn on him for what he has done. Plus when his youngest reaches 18 he won't have the Grimaldi money to help him out. His kids will have to help him - we'll see what happens, time will tell
Old 11-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

From CHI:

Daniel as a one day old baby with family:
http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/635...1362336_rs.jpg

At two years of age with brother Alain:
http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/815...8744112_rs.jpg
Old 11-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

At the recording studio still from CHI:
http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/708...1958288_rs.jpg
Old 11-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Nobility

daniel was a beautiful child.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

About a month ago in italian television "lunchtimetalkshow"(Italia sul due)they were talking about divorce, Daniel was one of the guests, he had only nice words for Stephanie, he told they have a wonderful relation thanks to her, and that she is a wonderful mother to their children, he said also that the things that made them divorce was all made up and that he has cleared with Stephanie everything(he was saying he was innocent)
Old 11-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
I can see a lot of Louis in the pic of Daniel when he was two years old.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:23 AM
Courtier

I wouldn't mind if Daniel stopped talking publicly altogether but at least he's gotten decent enough to say only positive things now.

Ann
Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
About a month ago in italian television "lunchtimetalkshow"(Italia sul due)they were talking about divorce, Daniel was one of the guests, he had only nice words for Stephanie, he told they have a wonderful relation thanks to her, and that she is a wonderful mother to their children, he said also that the things that made them divorce was all made up and that he has cleared with Stephanie everything(he was saying he was innocent)
Daniel has been often hosted in that show. As we say in Italy: he's part of the decoration...
Old 11-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

Louis is a great mix of His Dad and Albert .