Daniel Ducruet & Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jean Raymond Gottlieb is his name. In fact you're right we haven't heard anything at all from him, the last time I remember we got any pics of him were when he and Camille went to the beach.

monaco70s said:
Jean Raymond Gottlieb is his name. In fact you're right we haven't heard anything at all from him, the last time I remember we got any pics of him were when he and Camille went to the beach.

I know Jean Gottlieb is supposed to be Camille's Dad but it was never confirmed, right?

Avalon said:
I know Jean Gottlieb is supposed to be Camille's Dad but it was never confirmed, right?

Stephanie never confirmed it publically because she considered this question to be a private matter. But he is Camille's father. I've seen him with her often times and there were also a lot of pictures of him taking his little girl out or fetching her at kindergarten or school.

d

Can I say "UGH"?

I just hope Stephanie will never get back together with Daniel Ducruet. He's causing too much trouble (unwarranted, IMO - I think he just wants to spite Caro and Rainier) even from the "outside". Just imagine what he can do - and is willing to do - when he gets back "inside".:mad: With his bashing of Caro (and Rainier) for years, I'd say the two got his number right.

Thanks, everyone, for your insights. You said it all.

Last edited:
michelle said:
Stephanie never confirmed it publically because she considered this question to be a private matter. But he is Camille's father. I've seen him with her often times and there were also a lot of pictures of him taking his little girl out or fetching her at kindergarten or school.

It is very admirable the way JR Gottlieb is completely silent about his connection to Stephanie. He never says a word to the press and keeps as low a profile as possible. That is really awesome. Camille's daddy has a lot of class.

I feel like Daniel is just being careless. He is talking too much and not thinking about what he says or how it impacts his children and Steph, of course. It is probably natural that he dislikes Caroline, because Caroline was probably rather harsh with him after the Belgian stripper incident (as any loyal sister would be!) so he and Caroline probably don't get along. Steph might forgive him for the sake of her kids, and for Michael, but Caroline seems to be a tougher one. You have to earn forgiveness from Caroline, to pay your dues and prove yourself. So Caroline might say equally harsh things about Daniel, but she says nothing about him to the press because she knows better. She is careful to do and say the "correct" things. Daniel is being careless. End of story.

CasiraghiTrio said:
It is very admirable the way JR Gottlieb is completely silent about his connection to Stephanie. He never says a word to the press and keeps as low a profile as possible. That is really awesome. Camille's daddy has a lot of class.

Definitely. It's really quite a shame that things didn't work out with him and Stephanie, because he seems like he's someone who would deserve her. Much like her first love, Paul Belmondo, many years ago, who always took wonderful care of her and kept their relationship very private and personal. I've always though she had excellent taste in choosing those two, and too bad it had to end, in both cases.

mapie said:
Definitely. It's really quite a shame that things didn't work out with him and Stephanie, because he seems like he's someone who would deserve her. Much like her first love, Paul Belmondo, many years ago, who always took wonderful care of her and kept their relationship very private and personal. I've always though she had excellent taste in choosing those two, and too bad it had to end, in both cases.

Maybe her attraction to Daniel was an unavoidable weakness? She was attracted to a man who is very much like herself (Daniel) in his rebellious nature and thirst for drama? Remember that Stephanie did at one time aspire to be an actress. Maybe Daniel is that clone of herself that she found attractive in the past but is now being haunted by. And Paul and JR are those voices of sense who try to pull her back to normalcy and balance.

I read part of what Daniel said. It make me go wild - sorry I know this is naturally none of my business and I'm quite sure Stephanie when she reads this would ask herself why I'm bothering, but there's one thing about the whole story that makes me bother: I just don't get it! I'm a guy who likes to understand things - and I just can't understand any of this. I'm ok with all of your points Ladies, you're quite enlightening and I agree very much ...

What I just read is even worse than what I thought he said. About Caroline's and Steph's relationship he says: " They lead very distant lives. Caroline treated Stephanie badly all her life even when they were children. She doesn't care if Stephanie feels bad, if she's ok or not. She doesn't care at all about Stephanie."

Sorry, but I simply don't believe this! He can not be serious! Who told him this? Stephanie? ??? If so, then I was totally mistaken with everything I believed in all my life!
I know that it is the most clever way to ignore those stupid remarques and that this is what Stephanie and Caroline prefer in this case - But for once I wish one of the sister would take the chance to set things right. The thing is I know they won't because they feel it is good enough if they know the truth -> this is the first reason why they don't react I see here - the second would be: Daniel is right and there is nothing more to say. .. I don't want to believe that and it just doesn't seem logic to me because it is contrary to all I've seen and heard.
That they live distant lives, okay ... but , Caro not caring a bit about Steph ? NO WAY! If so, why did Steph come back from the US when Stefano died and support her sister??? And why did Caroline move into Steph's hospital room after the accident and took care of her?

See, Daniel - you are lying!!! And this is just not acceptable.
I read they paid him 40 000 Euros for his appearance in the show ;)
It's okay when he wants to earn money - but not this way.

He also said it was Pauline's idea to spend that holiday together. I understand Pauline wants it that way. I would want it too if I was her. I just ask myself why on earth Daniel makes things go rough for her and Louis by talking trash!?

If the Grimaldi Family isn't the most united family on earth ( and all family members always underline how much the family means to them , so who's more likely to be right here) then OK , but throwing things in Louis' and Pauline's faces is so bad!

I hope Louis and Pauline will forgive me for the following - I know he's a good dad and that this is most important to them but : Daniel is a complete idiot in this case!

Last edited:
sebastian said:
... Caroline treated Stephanie badly all her life even when they were children. She doesn't care if Stephanie feels bad, if she's ok or not. She doesn't care at all about Stephanie."...

. .. I don't want to believe that and it just doesn't seem logic to me because it is contrary to all I've seen and heard.
That they live distant lives, okay ... but , Caro not caring a bit about Steph ? NO WAY! If so, why did Steph come back from the US when Stefano died and support her sister??? And why did Caroline move into Steph's hospital room after the accident and took care of her?....

Sebastian, in a way you answered your own question. You are absolutely correct in that "actions speak louder than words". The fact that both sisters were there for each other at critical times in their lives when they needed each other for moral support clearly proves that both sisters care for each other, which contradicts Daniel's claims.

In june 2005 Daniel talked to the french magazine VSD.

You can find the interview here ...it's in french, so sorry :eek::)

Among other things he says:

" I don't want my children to have a bad image of their father and their mother.I think it is essential that they can be proud of their parents. Especially now that they are 11, 12, 13 years old and they understand everything... and people don't hesitate to tell them what they think about their family."

He says that Rainier was very reserved and distant even with his family.

Then he is asked if there was no family warmth in the Grimaldi Family... if Rainier wasn't a warm -hearted dad or granddad ....and he answers:

" Not with Stephanie neither with his grandkids. He wasn't a granddad like others. He was a prince and he was very ill. I can't describe him really. It's impossible."

-> So he really wants to tell us here that Rainier and Stephanie weren't close :confused:. Hmmmm.. strange....
...because in the next sentence when asked if the kids were touched by his death Daniel answers:

" Yes, but they told me the most hurtful thing for them was to see their mother suffering"

These two answers are contredictory: Why would Stephanie be suffering so much if she hasn't had the paternal love and warmth ( as Daniel said in the first answer) :confused: !!??

Still there is one thing that make me wonder even more:
He claims to be best friends with Steph ( and I don't even doubt they are close ) and she tells him all her secretes and if she has a problem it's him she turns to etc.

I think then I just don't understand Steph's part in this story.
In every interview she gave she told the world about how much love there is between her and her father, how close they are/were and how warm and full of understanding their relation was...
Then comes Daniel and tells completely contredictory things, the plain and simple opposite ... and she doesn't react, goes on being his best friend, vacations with him etc.
Okay, she wants the best for her kids ... understood...Louis and Pauline are clever kids... don't they see anything strange in all this?

I can't see clear :confused::confused::confused: It just leaves me wondering, like Seb ...

Worst thing is: We should know that we should mind our own business and go on caring about ourselves...guess the reason why we/ I still bother is that we/ I like Stephanie... and would love to understand...

I think the truth can be found somewhere in the middle of all of this...not sure.

Last edited:
I read your comments and this is my take on all of this:

It sounds to me Daniel has a huge vendetta against members of the Grimaldi family. Did Prince Rainer strip him of his assets? Is Daniel struggling to regain his good standing and this is why he is so bitter? Maybe Stephanie is not the least concern how he feels and she just goes with the flow because he has the right to visit his children. Sometimes in situations like this silence is golden. Who is paying for these lavish vacations, Stephanie or Daniel? Do they share expenses on vacation with the children? Is Daniel paying Stephanie huge child support payments? Maybe Stephanie has already told Daniel how she feels about his crass remarks and the family feelings towards him will never change. This could be the reason why he throws these pity party interviews so that someone will listen and say, “Wow poor Daniel”.

In my opinion, the Grimaldi family could care less about him because of his past behavior. So now he is on a mission to insult the family as much as possible. Truthfully, no one really cares what he says. As far as they are concern, he will always be a low rider.

I truly do not think he is trying to brainwash his kids. If things got this bad, Stephanie knows how to yank his chain. Just remember, the Grimaldi family could do far worst to him than he could ever do to them. They are use to being lambasted by someone in the media and Daniel’s past behavior speaks for itself.

We are fans of this family so hearing negative comments like this hurts us because we adore them. I would not be too concern about Daniel’s childish comments, it only makes him look foolish.

This is my opinion... :)

michelle said:
In june 2005 Daniel talked to the french magazine VSD.

You can find the interview here ...it's in french, so sorry :eek::)

Among other things he says:

" I don't want my children to have a bad image of their father and their mother.I think it is essential that they can be proud of their parents. Especially now that they are 11, 12, 13 years old and they understand everything... and people don't hesitate to tell them what they think about their family."

He says that Rainier was very reserved and distant even with his family.

Then he is asked if there was no family warmth in the Grimaldi Family... if Rainier wasn't a warm -hearted dad or granddad ....and he answers:

" Not with Stephanie neither with his grandkids. He wasn't a granddad like others. He was a prince and he was very ill. I can't describe him really. It's impossible."

-> So he really wants to tell us here that Rainier and Stephanie weren't close :confused:. Hmmmm.. strange....
...because in the next sentence when asked if the kids were touched by his death Daniel answers:

" Yes, but they told me the most hurtful thing for them was to see their mother suffering"

These two answers are contredictory: Why would Stephanie be suffering so much if she hasn't had the paternal love and warmth ( as Daniel said in the first answer) :confused: !!??

Still there is one thing that make me wonder even more:
He claims to be best friends with Steph ( and I don't even doubt they are close ) and she tells him all her secretes and if she has a problem it's him she turns to etc.

I think then I just don't understand Steph's part in this story.
In every interview she gave she told the world about how much love there is between her and her father, how close they are/were and how warm and full of understanding their relation was...
Then comes Daniel and tells completely contredictory things, the plain and simple opposite ... and she doesn't react, goes on being his best friend, vacations with him etc.
Okay, she wants the best for her kids ... understood...Louis and Pauline are clever kids... don't they see anything strange in all this?

I can't see clear :confused::confused::confused: It just leaves me wondering, like Seb ...

Worst thing is: We should know that we should mind our own business and go on caring about ourselves...guess the reason why we/ I still bother is that we/ I like Stephanie... and would love to understand...

I think the truth can be found somewhere in the middle of all of this...not sure.

Michelle, I agree with your belief that Steph and Rainier were close, but I do also feel that you missed somethng.... when Daniel suggested they were not close, that Rainier wasn't loving toward Steph and the kids, you said, "Well, why was Steph so upset at the funeral?" (paraphrase!)
Michelle, I think that if a daughter who is not close her dad loses her dad, she would feel terrible remorse for not having a better relationship. I mean, I think that a daughter would feel horrible about a father's death whether she was close to him or not, whether things were rosy or not.
I am not saying Steph was not close to Rainier. I believe she must have been, but her obvious grief at the funeral was not the proof, because she would have been in tears, probably, no matter what.

I talked to some friend of mine who is spanish and who saw Daniel on that Sala Rosa - show as well. He said something that made me think, something that shows how to get to the bottom of the problem from a very different angle:
Daniel has to cope with one big problem, one big complication in his life. He has two children with the princess of Monaco. This is not Stephanie's fault. What I want to say is: having kids with Stephanie is a wonderful thing ( I would love it :p) from the very private point of view. She's a wonderful mother, a great woman ... the prob for Daniel is not her or her personality ... no the prob for him is her family, her status, the surrounding and environment Louis and Pauline grow up and are influenced by. It's not a problem for Steph, for everyone else or for the kids themselves - but for Daniel. The fact that the role Louis' and Pauline's family and environment play is so imortant and so big and the influence or the circumstances they are under play a huge role too and that makes it hard on Daniel. Meaning : His family will probably never have the same 'meaning' or influence in the kids lives (publically ...in private it may be different) - They are princely. They are a part of the Princely Family of Monaco - this takes away a lot of power from Daniel and his family. Normally children are always considered to be a part of their paternel family first ... or at least to a very huge extent. But here it is different - the public, the media, everybody counts Louis and Pauline among the Grimaldi and not among the Ducruets! So that must bother Daniel a lot. Which proud father would want to give away 'the most important role' in his kids lives?!?
I think in private he plays a very important role for them and that's good.
I realized that he doesn't make such a fuss about Michael's family, well that's maybe because publically everyone would say: Michael is a Ducruet - and about Louis, well, Louis is first of all the son of Princess Stephanie of Monaco ( in the public eye ) and then he's the son of Daniel. This must be bothering a Dad very much. I believe that must be why Daniel tries to keep up with doing things that make hime more recognized, more present, give him more influence regarding the public field. That may be as well why he shoots against the kids maternal family because he thinks that he can take reputation and influence from them in this way ( he can't that's for sure) but at least he can get more attention and show that he's there too and that it isn't only the princely family who decides how things will go for the kids. Well, from a fathers point of view I can understand this action soemhow (now) but still I think it make things difficult and unpleasant.
I guess he'll carry on with it because he'll always feel neglected as a father in what concerns Louis and Pauline's role as princely children. I'd say he'd prefer the kids to be just avarage kids then he wouldn't have to fear the big influence behind the princely family. However they rae who they are and I think it's ok for them ... but difficult for him, that's why he'll always try to stay around publically as well ( as you can see in the attached pictures by Sipa););)
Jean- Raymond chose another way which is easier for him and Camille ... he put trust first. :)

Attachments

• 00525531_000004.bro.jpg
    00525531_000004.bro.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 312
  • 00525531_000005.bro.jpg
    00525531_000005.bro.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 00525531_000006.bro.jpg
    00525531_000006.bro.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 00525531_000008.bro.jpg
    00525531_000008.bro.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 00525531_000009.bro.jpg
    00525531_000009.bro.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I agree only partially with your interpretation; I'm sure Daniel has a very big ego, and he said himself that he is very maschilist (does this word exist in English?), meaning that he believes in a strong separation of roles between men and women and that he likes women who stay at home for their husbands and kids while the man "earns a living", so I don't doubt he is bothered by Steph public role and predominance in the couple (maybe its cheap psychology, but I firmly believe one of the reasons of his loud betrayal was that he felt the need to reassure himself that HE was the man, and he "ruled" in his family; very common behaviour in couples where the woman is more successful or powerful than the man).
On the other hand I have the strong impression that he takes every opportunity to talk about the Grimaldis because that's what the public is interested in and he very much likes the spot light: when asked about Steph, his kids and her family he could very well say "no comment", many people do that, but then, noone would want to interview him anymore because let's face it, what is there so interesting to hear from Danny other than Princely family gossip? He's handsome and all, but other than that, not so interesting. So in my opinion, and I don't necesserely think to be right, he just takes advantage of the situation to take part in reality shows, to be interviewed, to find producers for his music and acting career.
I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but after 10 years of hearing him talking always of the same things, the thing gets almost pathetic, and annoying.

Kisses

BTW, very nice pics!

Grace said:
I'm sorry, but I agree only partially with your interpretation; I'm sure Daniel has a very big ego, and he said himself that he is very maschilist (does this word exist in English?), meaning that he believes in a strong separation of roles between men and women and that he likes women who stay at home for their husbands and kids while the man "earns a living", so I don't doubt he is bothered by Steph public role and predominance in the couple (maybe its cheap psychology, but I firmly believe one of the reasons of his loud betrayal was that he felt the need to reassure himself that HE was the man, and he "ruled" in his family; very common behaviour in couples where the woman is more successful or powerful than the man).
On the other hand I have the strong impression that he takes every opportunity to talk about the Grimaldis because that's what the public is interested in and he very much likes the spot light: when asked about Steph, his kids and her family he could very well say "no comment", many people do that, but then, noone would want to interview him anymore because let's face it, what is there so interesting to hear from Danny other than Princely family gossip? He's handsome and all, but other than that, not so interesting. So in my opinion, and I don't necesserely think to be right, he just takes advantage of the situation to take part in reality shows, to be interviewed, to find producers for his music and acting career.
I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but after 10 years of hearing him talking always of the same things, the thing gets almost pathetic, and annoying.

Kisses

BTW, very nice pics!

I agree with you Grace - what you say doesn't exclude what I say. It goes together I'd say. Sure noone would ask for him if he would not be Steph's ex ... I think he's a friendly fellow in private ... but you said it: It gets pathetic. Anyway I still think his ego is very much in his way...

Daniel is here again:

http://www.aktuelle.de/aktuelle/content/aktuelle_topstories.php?sid=2770

He would love to marry Steph again....but she would have to ask Albert for permission...and Caroline would put a veto ....but 76% of the frech would favour a re-mariage ....

However...another interview where Daniel says how close they are...etc.
+ that Steph was forced to divorce him .....
...this is strange because in his book he says explicitly that it was her decision to divorce and that she was not forced ....

Last edited:
That guy is just pathetic! I can't think of anything else to describe him!

In the last two interviews he said she was not forced or induced to divorce him...and that they are close but would never remarry not to confuse the kids...I agree he is sort of pathethic now. Danny, there is just a certain amount of fame you can gain marrying a Princess!

BTW, does he really think (or want us to believe) that Caro can stop Steph from doing anything?

Thanks for the article and translation Michelle.

michelle said:
Daniel is here again:

http://www.aktuelle.de/aktuelle/content/aktuelle_topstories.php?sid=2770

He would love to marry Steph again....but she would have to ask Albert for permission...and Caroline would put a veto ....but 76% of the frech would favour a re-mariage ....

However...another interview where Daniel says how close they are...etc.
+ that Steph was forced to divorce him .....
...this is strange because in his book he says explicitly that it was her decision to divorce and that she was not forced ....

Same old, same old...

Daniel Ducruet is a loser, plain and simple.

And Caroline, for what it's worth, better veto anything that would remotely suggest Steph and that man getting back together. This is what a loving and more mature sister should do. It may lead to some disagreement initially, but hopefully Steph would understand that her sister is just being more sensible and rational. Just like Ma Kelly doing all she could to stop her daughter Grace from marrying Oleg Cassini (and to think Oleg is worlds apart from this leech Ducruet).

I hope Steph wouldn't even take this thing seriously that would elevate it to Albert's consideration.

Hey Ducruet, just get a job. It would be a little (just a little) bit understandable if you are giving these reckless interviews for the money in order to pay for child support. But you're not, so just have some dignity and be a real man.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a little confusing for me ( sorry Steph )!
To get the thing straight: Stephanie's privat life is none of my business and so is Daniel's.
Anyway it is clearly he himself ( Daniel) who raises the worlds interest in his privat life by talking to the press about it. If Stephanie doesn't want this interest she should tell him to stop talking about it first.
I think it is beautiful if they have a good friendship ... there are too many divorced couples out there who make life for their kids like a trip to hell by fighting each other. It is just great that Daniel and Stephanie get along this way. I truely understand Louis ad Pauline's wish for their parents to come back together again....which kid wouldn't love it to be this way?!
I understand Stephanie wants to keep this relation to Daniel, whatever it is like, in private .... She should tell him to keep it there too.

Daniel knows very well that by talking about Stephanie and their relationship in public he provokes even more interest ... and thus confusion...because Steph doesn't talk....so it is not clear how she sees things.
It's a joke if he talks about that stuff willingly and then five minutes later complains about the invasion of his privacy! You can always treat some people like stupid idiots....but I don't like to be treated that way!

If he wants to keep his kids away from the limelight ( as he mentioned very often) then it would be better to care about his restaurant and get on wih his private life without talking about it to the public.

As a private person Daniel is known as a very nice guy...very sympethatic ... and he indeed is!

I believe Stephanie knows very well that taking Daniel back would mean a certain rift in her family. He just would not be presentable in many ways. Not because he's a bad guy ...no just because of many actions done.

Not everything in this family is highly presantable...and I'm not going into details because I believe that every single thing I mean is just been human action, human behaviour, human whatever...just human.

But where would Steph go with Daniel? To the bals and galas? National Day?
I just don't see Stephanie getting married with him again ( because she privatly feels like it's right...and yeah...maybe this would even be a cute lovestory) and then attend Monaco's official functions alone ( having a husband) ... this scenario would be too strange.... even for me :p.

As a private matter I may understand the feelings she might have for him.... but for her public role it wouldn't work.... I believe she knows that!

I can't really imagine her wanting to live a double life ....

However.....I'd like to say that I know that Stephanie would now tell me : " You know, this is none of your business! ... why do you care? Why do you bother to comment? "

The answer is :
Just because I care.... and you know that. ...
...Also just because I don't like to be confused about things, and there are some contredictory statements Daniel made ( I think my brother figured the same some time ago)... and as I already said, I don''t like to be treated like a stupid kid, whom you can sell any kind of *** considering there might be some who believe in it ...
...And finally ....just because I love you a lot'

Last edited:
Daniel must be out of money: in a new interview to Chi, he says Steph is not a very good mother, and their kids are upset by her unstable love life and her too many boyfriends. He also says his role model for a woman is his mother, completely dedicated to her children husband and family, and Steph is very different. I'll let you know more as soon as I buy the mag...

Kisses

Grace said:
Daniel must be out of money: in a new interview to Chi, he says Steph is not a very good mother, and their kids are upset by her unstable love life and her too many boyfriends...

Does Daniel have a steady job? If so, what kind of work does he do? I am wondering how does he help support his children. If he was a palace guard/bodyguard, I doubt if he comes from a wealth family.

He has some commercial activities (a disco-bar in Cannes, etc...); plus he's been trying for years to be a singer and actor and he has earned some money taking part in two reality shows and hosting a tv show in Italy.
He doesn't come from a very wealthy family, as far as I know.

Kisses

ETA: I got the mag; some more news: Steph's kids, particularly Louis, are upset by the many boyfriends Steph brings home; they prefer to spend time with their fathers. Caro would be the "mind" behind DD and Steph's divorce; she tried to seduce Daniel (supposedly between 1990 and 1991 when he and Steph got together), he turned her down and she's been hating him since then (he said she is not attractive). Andrea and Pierre would be troublemakers, he says he's always known it.
A lot of dirt on the family, as usual, but it is not a direct interview, it's things Daniel apparently said to his usual interviewer (Daphne Barak) throuout several meetings.

Last edited:
Grace said:
He has some commercial activities (a disco-bar in Cannes, etc...); plus he's been trying for years to be a singer and actor and he has earned some money taking part in two reality shows and hosting a tv show in Italy.
He doesn't come from a very wealthy family, as far as I know.

Kisses

ETA: I got the mag; some more news: Steph's kids, particularly Louis, are upset by the many boyfriends Steph brings home; they prefer to spend time with their fathers. Caro would be the "mind" behind DD and Steph's divorce; she tried to seduce Daniel (supposedly between 1990 and 1991 when he and Steph got together), he turned her down and she's been hating him since then (he said she is not attractive). Andrea and Pierre would be troublemakers, he says he's always known it.
A lot of dirt on the family, as usual, but it is not a direct interview, it's things Daniel apparently said to his usual interviewer (Daphne Barak) throuout several meetings.

Is the guy, hmm, crazy? :eek: He expects people to believe all that rubbish????:confused: That's the most ridiculous stuff I have ever heard in my life, I mean it!
Just out of curiousity: did he ever say a good word about any member of the Grimaldi family?

I have just ended up reading an interview with Daniel Ducruet ( Gloria magazine ) and I have to say I have never read so much BS in one place for a long time. It is where he calls Steph a bad mom but since the interview was done with Gloria's reporter I think it might be another one. He said that Steph was a good mom but that she changed, that the kids, especially Louisdidn't like that she brings so many men home. That even little Camile wanted to live with him because she couldn't see her own father. He told that she should start doing something useful for a change, like charity. (?)
For Caroline he said that she is a snob who thinks that she is beautiful, but is ugly instead. And that in the early 90s she tried to seduce him but he turned her down and then did everything she could to separate him and Steph. He said that the incident with the striper which lead to the divorce was aranged by Caroline.
About Albert he said that he should change how things are done in Monaco (business) and that he (Daniel) and some of his pals knew someone with whom everybody who wants to start a business should talk. He said that bribe and coruption are the way things are dealt with in Monaco at the present time.
The last question he was asked was if he had ever seen a picture of Caroline's kids taking drugs. He said that he knew about that for a long time but wouldn't say anything else.
Oh, and the most important, in the part of the interview where he bashes Steph, this is what he said about himself - I'm a good father, I have fun with my kids!

Personally I don't have one single shread of respect toward him. God knows what he puts into those kid's minds when he is with them.

Gloria magazine www.gloria.com.hr

Last edited:
cro girl said:
I have just ended up reading an interview with Daniel Ducruet ( Gloria magazine ) and I have to say I have never read so much BS in one place for a long time. It is where he calls Steph a bad mom but since the interview was done with Gloria's reporter I think it might be another one. He said that Steph was a good mom but that she changed, that the kids, especially Louisdidn't like that she brings so many men home. That even little Camile wanted to live with him because she couldn't see her own father. He told that she should start doing something useful for a change, like charity. (?)
For Caroline he said that she is a snob who thinks that she is beautiful, but is ugly instead. And that in the early 90s she tried to seduce him but he turned her down and then did everything she could to separate him and Steph. He said that the incident with the striper which lead to the divorce was aranged by Caroline.
About Albert he said that he should change how things are done in Monaco (business) and that he (Daniel) and some of his pals knew someone with whom everybody who wants to start a business should talk. He said that bribe and coruption are the way things are dealt with in Monaco at the present time.
The last question he was asked was if he had ever seen a picture of Caroline's kids taking drugs. He said that he knew about that for a long time but wouldn't say anything else.
Oh, and the most important, in the part of the interview where he bashes Steph, this is what he said about himself - I'm a good father, I have fun with my kids!

Personally I don't have one single shread of respect toward him. God knows what he puts into those kid's minds when he is with them.

Unbelievable... I simply cannot understand what is going on in one person's mind when he talks bad about someone really close, presently or in the past. What's in it for him? Does he make a lot of money due to this publicity, or what? Once I was told that when you point a finger at somebody (or a group of individuals), three fingers are pointing at YOU.

Unfortunately in this case and indirectly he hurts his own children the most. It's bizarr. It's a stupid act. And it doesn't contribute to the Grimaldi family and the rest of the world respecting him more.

I hope Steph's reaction to this rubbish will be just a smile.

One thing that confuses me with this interview is when it was taken. It starts with the interviewer who said that she spoke to Daniel in the presence of his kids and Steph. From the interview itself I figured out it had to be a vacation when Steph, Daniel, kids and the bartender ( Mathieu? ) were all together. At one point he said - Look the bartender (?) just kissed her!
So if he really said all those things when Steph and the kids were literally a couple of meters away I don't know what to say!

Back
Top Bottom