The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think you're right there, Ice .... and you too, Ianna ...good points.

I would love to know what Paca thinks...! :-)

Old 03-12-2006, 05:25 AM
Aristocracy

^^you are soo right! I can't agree more with you!
The reason why I never really liked him is because he reminds me of my good friend's ex-boyfriend. Exactly the same type of a guy, and the time she spent with (about a year) I couldn't really recognize her. Thank god they never married although he wanted, now she says it was the worst mistake she ever did!

Old 03-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just don't like Daniel's attitude at all...not only is he harming family members with his comments, but also his children who love those who are being bashed by Daniel.

I think if he has to say something to Caroline or any other family member, he should tell them personally and not vent it out to the press. Private matters should be solved privately amongst Daniel and the family.

I'm sure Stephanie doesn't approve this behavior, cos she's always said that she loves Caroline eventhough they have different lifestyles and that she's her sister, but she prefers to stay silent in public cos it would make things worse and I'm sure she doesn't want her kids to know she has problems with their dad.

Now if Daniel does this type of statements in gossip shows just to gain attention for his movie and musical projects it's not acceptable. I can't judge if he has any talent at all for his current projects, cos I haven't seen him act, but if he does have the talent, then there is no reason to act like he does, his talent should be enough to get attention.

What I really liked about Adans was that when he was asked about Stephanie and the family, he just said she was great and moved to the next question, and even though he participated in the Spanish Big Brother VIP, we haven't heard from him anymore. I think the last we heard from him was when he organized the tribute mass to Prince Rainier in April 2005 which was attended by circus performers and Alain Delon.

Now Louis and Pauline are already a bit grown up, and are starting to have access to all kinds of media, and I'm sure they'll be hurt if they read the statements Daniel is making nowadays and has made in the past.

I also think that it's been almost 10-14 years that everything that Daniel constantly talks about and he should move on. IMO he seems to be stuck in that period of his life, he should just move on, I mean Stephanie who was the most affected of this situation (the paparazzi pics of Daniel with the stripper) moved on and continued her life: being a mother again, working hard for her country, starting a foundation, raising her 3 kids, looking more beautiful and glamourous than ever etc; did that. The past is there already and you can't do anything to fix it, what you can fix is your present and maybe your future, and you do that by doing positive actions, and in Daniel's case it would be to stop talking about the family, and focus more on the projects he's working on nowadays.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Totally agree with all of you. That guy really annoys me a lot. Stephanie was very unfortunate to have kids (two wonderful kids though) with him. And the way he blames Caroline for every single mistake ever done by a human being! I just hate it!
Agree with Paca, her words are so true and fit so well with Stephanie's situation, imo.
My best friend had a disastrous relationship like that as well. She was unforunate enough to marry him. All 4 years in his company were like a nightmare! I still can remember her calling me at 2 a.m. with tears in her voice! And she hesitated till the last moment to divorce, not because she loved him but becasue of the kids. Thanks Lord, she chose to divorce! She is loads happier now then any time I saw her during those 4 years of marriage!
I was young (15-19) but I got the message. Know what kind of person he is before thinking of marriage!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro girl
^^you are soo right! I can't agree more with you!
The reason why I never really liked him is because he reminds me of my good friend's ex-boyfriend. Exactly the same type of a guy, and the time she spent with (about a year) I couldn't really recognize her. Thank god they never married although he wanted, now she says it was the worst mistake she ever did!
i thought they had married though? was i misinformed?
Old 03-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
i thought they had married though? was i misinformed?
I think cro girl was referring to her friend, NOT Princess Stephanie.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

I was refering to my friend so sorry if anyone missunderstood. Princess Stephanie was married . My friend wasn't. Sorry
Old 03-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

To be honest I liked Daniel a lot when he was with Steph. They seemed to have a wonderful love-relationship. He seemed very caring and sweet ... and I personally found him very sympathatic. But I guess you're right, that he just can't cope with his mistake and got stuck there and that's why the situation and acting gets inapropriate.

Camille's daddy never said one stupid word about Steph and her family. I believe he was very sad as well that it didn't work out for him with his daughter's mommy ... but he just went on and makes the best of it and soesn't bother.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
To be honest I liked Daniel a lot when he was with Steph. They seemed to have a wonderful love-relationship. He seemed very caring and sweet ... and I personally found him very sympathatic. But I guess you're right, that he just can't cope with his mistake and got stuck there and that's why the situation and acting gets inapropriate.

Camille's daddy never said one stupid word about Steph and her family. I believe he was very sad as well that it didn't work out for him with his daughter's mommy ... but he just went on and makes the best of it and soesn't bother.
Camille's Daddy?
Old 03-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro girl
I was refering to my friend so sorry if anyone missunderstood. Princess Stephanie was married . My friend wasn't. Sorry
oh haha sorry
Old 03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Camille's Daddy?
yeah, he was one of her body guards I forget his first name right now but his last is Gottlieb, I believe.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jean Raymond Gottlieb is his name. In fact you're right we haven't heard anything at all from him, the last time I remember we got any pics of him were when he and Camille went to the beach.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Jean Raymond Gottlieb is his name. In fact you're right we haven't heard anything at all from him, the last time I remember we got any pics of him were when he and Camille went to the beach.
I know Jean Gottlieb is supposed to be Camille's Dad but it was never confirmed, right?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I know Jean Gottlieb is supposed to be Camille's Dad but it was never confirmed, right?
Stephanie never confirmed it publically because she considered this question to be a private matter. But he is Camille's father. I've seen him with her often times and there were also a lot of pictures of him taking his little girl out or fetching her at kindergarten or school.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Courtier

d

Can I say "UGH"?

I just hope Stephanie will never get back together with Daniel Ducruet. He's causing too much trouble (unwarranted, IMO - I think he just wants to spite Caro and Rainier) even from the "outside". Just imagine what he can do - and is willing to do - when he gets back "inside". With his bashing of Caro (and Rainier) for years, I'd say the two got his number right.

Thanks, everyone, for your insights. You said it all.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 03-13-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Stephanie never confirmed it publically because she considered this question to be a private matter. But he is Camille's father. I've seen him with her often times and there were also a lot of pictures of him taking his little girl out or fetching her at kindergarten or school.
It is very admirable the way JR Gottlieb is completely silent about his connection to Stephanie. He never says a word to the press and keeps as low a profile as possible. That is really awesome. Camille's daddy has a lot of class.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:35 AM

I feel like Daniel is just being careless. He is talking too much and not thinking about what he says or how it impacts his children and Steph, of course. It is probably natural that he dislikes Caroline, because Caroline was probably rather harsh with him after the Belgian stripper incident (as any loyal sister would be!) so he and Caroline probably don't get along. Steph might forgive him for the sake of her kids, and for Michael, but Caroline seems to be a tougher one. You have to earn forgiveness from Caroline, to pay your dues and prove yourself. So Caroline might say equally harsh things about Daniel, but she says nothing about him to the press because she knows better. She is careful to do and say the "correct" things. Daniel is being careless. End of story.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:44 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
It is very admirable the way JR Gottlieb is completely silent about his connection to Stephanie. He never says a word to the press and keeps as low a profile as possible. That is really awesome. Camille's daddy has a lot of class.
Definitely. It's really quite a shame that things didn't work out with him and Stephanie, because he seems like he's someone who would deserve her. Much like her first love, Paul Belmondo, many years ago, who always took wonderful care of her and kept their relationship very private and personal. I've always though she had excellent taste in choosing those two, and too bad it had to end, in both cases.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapie
Definitely. It's really quite a shame that things didn't work out with him and Stephanie, because he seems like he's someone who would deserve her. Much like her first love, Paul Belmondo, many years ago, who always took wonderful care of her and kept their relationship very private and personal. I've always though she had excellent taste in choosing those two, and too bad it had to end, in both cases.
Maybe her attraction to Daniel was an unavoidable weakness? She was attracted to a man who is very much like herself (Daniel) in his rebellious nature and thirst for drama? Remember that Stephanie did at one time aspire to be an actress. Maybe Daniel is that clone of herself that she found attractive in the past but is now being haunted by. And Paul and JR are those voices of sense who try to pull her back to normalcy and balance.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Angry

I read part of what Daniel said. It make me go wild - sorry I know this is naturally none of my business and I'm quite sure Stephanie when she reads this would ask herself why I'm bothering, but there's one thing about the whole story that makes me bother: I just don't get it! I'm a guy who likes to understand things - and I just can't understand any of this. I'm ok with all of your points Ladies, you're quite enlightening and I agree very much ...

What I just read is even worse than what I thought he said. About Caroline's and Steph's relationship he says: " They lead very distant lives. Caroline treated Stephanie badly all her life even when they were children. She doesn't care if Stephanie feels bad, if she's ok or not. She doesn't care at all about Stephanie."

Sorry, but I simply don't believe this! He can not be serious! Who told him this? Stephanie? ??? If so, then I was totally mistaken with everything I believed in all my life!
I know that it is the most clever way to ignore those stupid remarques and that this is what Stephanie and Caroline prefer in this case - But for once I wish one of the sister would take the chance to set things right. The thing is I know they won't because they feel it is good enough if they know the truth -> this is the first reason why they don't react I see here - the second would be: Daniel is right and there is nothing more to say. .. I don't want to believe that and it just doesn't seem logic to me because it is contrary to all I've seen and heard.
That they live distant lives, okay ... but , Caro not caring a bit about Steph ? NO WAY! If so, why did Steph come back from the US when Stefano died and support her sister??? And why did Caroline move into Steph's hospital room after the accident and took care of her?

See, Daniel - you are lying!!! And this is just not acceptable.
I read they paid him 40 000 Euros for his appearance in the show
It's okay when he wants to earn money - but not this way.

He also said it was Pauline's idea to spend that holiday together. I understand Pauline wants it that way. I would want it too if I was her. I just ask myself why on earth Daniel makes things go rough for her and Louis by talking trash!?

If the Grimaldi Family isn't the most united family on earth ( and all family members always underline how much the family means to them , so who's more likely to be right here) then OK , but throwing things in Louis' and Pauline's faces is so bad!

I hope Louis and Pauline will forgive me for the following - I know he's a good dad and that this is most important to them but : Daniel is a complete idiot in this case!