Daniel & Stéphanie.....it Hasn't Been Easy........

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the new installments on the book, Michelle. Daniel seems to be quite sensitive, given these letters. I don't know why or how he's changed, considering that he keeps on talking about private Grimaldi matters lately. But it's nice to know this sensitive side of him. Most men don't bother with writing letters.

I think it was really nice of Caroline to visit Stephanie after she gave birth to Louis, considering that she was vehemently opposed to S & D's relationship. It was also nice of her to greet/acknowledge Daniel. I think she did it for Steph and Louis, which makes it all the more endearing. She's known to be "tough" but was willing to bend for the sake of those she loves.

As for Prince Rainier, it was said that distancing himself from Stephanie at that time was the only way he could deal with her choices. A close friend of Princess Grace remarked that Grace would've been proud that Rainier didn't totally close the door on Stephanie at that difficult phase. Daniel felt rejected by Rainier, but maybe he didn't realize then how much the whole situation was hurting Rainier.

Last edited:
Thank you for all of the posts Michelle.
I loved reading all of the interesting details...

You're all very welcome...I'll continue with more later.

'Bunte news' reports once again that Stephanie and Daniel will be 'reuniting' ( are they a band, or what? :p:D ) ....but they use to make this up every once in a while ;)....

...anyway here's the link:

Stephanie and Daniel 'reunited'

Pauline's birth:

It's for sure that our little Pauline played an important role in our combat to be accepted because it was shortly after her birth that I met your father for the first time since we lived together. We were just about to be very comfortable in your room in the hospital as a police officer entered the room to announce the arrival of the prince. I asked you if you wanted me to leave you alone with your dad. You refused.I was a little afraid of my own reaction as well as of his....I didn't take me long to realize that this hours would turn out very nice. He arrived, kissed you tenderly and then he turned to me shaking my hand he said' Bonjour ' and I said: ' Bonjour Monseigneur' ( Monseigneur =Highness ) I always adressed him this way even after our mariage. Only very few people even of his very close 'entourage' (team) were allowed to call him differently. I think this is a mark of respect everyone shows towards him. You, you have the privilige to call him 'Papoune' ....

michelle said:
You're all very welcome...I'll continue with more later.

'Bunte news' reports once again that Stephanie and Daniel will be 'reuniting' ( are they a band, or what? :p:D ) ....but they use to make this up every once in a while ;)....

...anyway here's the link:

Stephanie and Daniel 'reunited'
Couples that "reunite" are always a good-selling story, seems to be a magical theme ;) Thanks for taking the time and quoting that many parts of Daniel's books, Michelle!

I think it is rather sad that he has written this book about their private life
isnt anything sacred, I suppose its all about money .

Last edited:
You know if they reunited I wouldn't be surprised.
I think Rainier pushed for the divorce of Stephanie and Daniel. I think Stephanie would have rather taken time to reflect and maybe work it out. Like Grace I don;t think she was a quitter. After the divorce Rainier's presence alone may have kept them apart. Now they may be free to do as they choose.

Thanks Michelle. I can remember reading in a book that Caroline disapproved of Stephanie and Daniel's relationship so much that she didn't visit Louis in the hospital but that by the time Pauline was born she had become more tolerant of Daniel and did visit Pauline. This therefore seems to be untrue if what Daniel has written is correct. Interesting! I wonder why they lied in the book. Maybe Caroline's visit was very low-key and not many people knew about it? Any ideas???!!!

I think, well, Stephanie read the book before it was published and then obviously agreed with the publication...so I think it was alright.

About the kids:

...Michael knows that his mother is Martine. Louis and Pauline don't have the same mother, their mom is Stephanie...when they were little the children didn't really understand that if they had different mothers how on earth could they have the same daddy. Sometimes little arguments between them happend and the started to hout: ' He's my daddy'...'No he's mine...' I eplained that having two different mommys but the same daddy is perfectly possible and the seemed to understand....When we lived together Martine wanted to visit us before leaving Michael with us for the weekend. She wanted to know how the conditions would be like for her son. For you this estimation was totaly normal. You thought that it was perfectly understandable that the simple fact to be a Grimaldi is not enough to have peoples confidence without limits.....My three children are very different charecters. Michael is is very sensible and reserved, alittle solidary which is due to the fact that he is the only child with his mom. He's very polite and almost never nasty....Louis is a turbulant kid, who is filled with life. He is a bomb,choleric,open and communicative. He loves or he hates, there's nothing in between for him. He's able to do the worse and then he transformes himself into a little angel, who calls me at night when he needs attention, then he takes me into his armes and whispers': 'Papa, I love you very much.' ... Pauline, I call her ' ma petite chipie'. She has a very strong personality. She would never agree to stand behind. When Louis takes me into his arms ahe wants the same and repeats word for word : 'Papa, I love you very much.' The more I look at her,the more I feel like she resembles you. She has your eyes, that#s for sure.

All-day-life:

Enven though it would have been normal for you to have employees doing the grocery shopping, you prefered to do it yourself. Every morning after taking the children to kindergarten you went to the supermarket. It was said that a lot of monegasques were happy and thought it was fun to go there and meet their princess. So you are very accessable.... Our all-day-life resembled each and everyones. We took our breakfast all the four of us while watching cartoons...then we tried to go for all the kisses we would need to survive the day before everyone left for his obligations. You took the kids to kindergarten and I went off for work. As I had just started a company in Italy and also was involved in my brothers security business I had a ot of things to do. I took my appointments in the morning so that we could have lunch together. You always prepared salad nicoise and big baskets of fruit. Afterwords we mostly went into our fitnessroom for half an hur of exercises and finally we found ourselves on the terace with a good cup of coffee.....In the afternoon I went for work again. I often thought about what you were doing at the precise moment when I was at the office. I imagined that at 4.30 p.m. you went to fetch the kids at kindergarten and then you three went playing, inlineskating and for a walk....In the evening there was a very special ritual that I never wanted to miss. The kids bath...the two of them having fun in the water, washing their hair....Sometimes we took our bath all the four of us together. I would have wanted the time to stop. I never called you Stephanie and you never called me Daniel. First it was:' Mon bébé' ( my baby ) You took me into your arms and told me I was your baby and that you wanted take care of me. I always liked to be taken care of and being careed, you know how to do this very well. Then we called us: 'Ma vie' ( my life) and finally we got used to calling each other 'mommy' and 'daddy' just because we taught the kids to o so....

WON-DER-FUL
thank you very much Michelle
(4 years later, i know...)

And here I am 10 years later...

michelle,

Thank you very much for these interpretations. I have wanted to read Lettre à Stéphanie since it was published in 1997 but never managed to secure a copy. Being an American who couldn't read or speak French may have had a little to do with it.:doh:

So you actually knew Daniel and Stéphanie during their romantic relationship?

And here I am 10 years later...

michelle,

Thank you very much for these interpretations. I have wanted to read Lettre à Stéphanie since it was published in 1997 but never managed to secure a copy. Being an American who couldn't read or speak French may have had a little to do with it.:doh:

So you actually knew Daniel and Stéphanie during their romantic relationship?

michelle chose to leave TRF a few years ago but to answer your question she did/does know Stephanie personally and has always been very loyal to her.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom