Daniel & Stéphanie.....it Hasn't Been Easy........

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michelle

Heir Presumptive
City
Country
Germany
Most people think in one simple way: Daniel cheated on Stephanir. he's the bad guy...and that's all.
I don't know if anyone of you ever read the book he wrote foe her, if so tell me about your thoughts on it. I read it once or better even twice. I knew Stephanie and Daniel when they were still together....how wonderful they got along and how much they loved each other and their little family, how much they fighted for their happiness. At the end all that was destroyed by Daniel, no doubt all of the misery was his fault....and that's why Steph left him....she could't trust him anymore after what he did. ....But the whole thing hasn't been as easy as it seems. Both sufferd so much from the seperation...him as well....They had finaly found their happiness....Stephanie was happy with him, he knew that...and he was so happy with her. His terrible mistake broke it all....and he knows that as well. There wasn't any chance to go back for him.....no chance to make it ok again.
Whan I was about 14 or 15 I spend a day with them.....they were so good together....they made me beklieve in love.........when I was 20 reading that book made me cry..................
There are passages in this book that explain their feelings and thoughts....the way they really were....... :heart: ............

Daniel wanted Stephanie to read the book before it was published....so she did...accepted it...confirmed it to be true...and it was published.....

I'll probably post some quotes out of it later...just to explain what I mean.
The close and strong relation that Daniel descibes in the book...the way both knew each other inside -out gives a reason for the close and friendly relation they still share today...for their kids....and for themselves.
After all that happend...it is good to see them laughing together.... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Love , Michelle :) :heart:

What Daniel wanted to say at first...(how he starts the book):

Attachments

• Lettre___St_phanie.JPG
    Lettre___St_phanie.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 830
......for his kids.....

Attachments

• Lettre___St_phanie2.JPG
    Lettre___St_phanie2.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 2,125
Very often, without any obvious reason, you came to me and I took you in my arms. I held you tide and we stayed this way for long minutes, not moving, not speaking in silence. You've sufferd in your younger days and I knew that your woons would still take a long time to heal. You were missing your mother. You often told me about her, about your childhood and about your mothers life.You didn't want to remember the hurtfull moments of the accident...so you prefered to think of happier days. I could have been listening to you for hours.(...............................) you prefered her in her role as your mother. You always said that if she would have been here with us during our hard fight to be accepted she would have been understanding and helping us for sure. I believe that, Stephanie. Especially during the hard times you missed her the most. When the children were old enough to understand you told them about her. I remember theese special moments when we were a together, just the four of us and we showed Pauline and Louis through films and pictures the womwn who is their grandmother. I have to smile if I think about the fact that even though they never happen to know her, never met her, they call her "Mémé"....

"Lettre à Stéphanie" , Daniel Ducruet 1997

When little Louis was born..........

Attachments

• what_does_that_mean...mom...dad.jpg
    what_does_that_mean...mom...dad.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4,180
I absolutely go along with you. I don't excuse him or support hom. He betrayed her, her love , her trust. I don't point him out as to be the good guy. I just wanted to show that all they had wasn't just crab (sorry :) ) ...it was real love. Daniel is still a good father and he always was. That doesn't make ok what he did to Steoh...and no, she never bought the book...but the fact that she read it before he published it makes clear to me that he can't be telling lies in it. The excuse he gave never convinced me neither, nor Steph....That's why she left him...He hurt her...he was the idiot....but still there was a true love story behind it all.

I don't support Daniel either. He betrayed her in one of the worst ways. I agree with Galisteo in that I don't believe the story that he was "drugged." He was just being a jerk IMO and was caught. I think that he and Stephanie definitely loved each other, but he couldn't have loved her that much. I think that truly great love would have kept him away from that other woman and doing things that would have hurt Stephanie. There are many unfaithful people in the world, however Daniel had to make the decision: Do I really want to betray Stephanie (my wife, mother of my children in such a way?) He decided to do it anyway. He is definitely and idiot Michelle. ;)

Well...it's still not what I wanted to point out. Yes he was an idiot in that situation, a real one ,a big one, the absolute idiote. But he is not an idiot in general. He made his mistake, the greatest mistake he could make....and yes, it was his fault.! He could have been staying away from that girl...he should have been staying away...but he didn't. Why? I don't know, Stephanie doesn't know...even he doesn't know. Probably just because he was to stupid to see that it was just sex...and not in any way worth it (he could have been waiting until the evening come and he's alone with is wife....and everything would have been ok... B) ). But he didn't. And that what Steph blames him for: "Why did you go to see her at all?" , she asked.....and he has no answer. And that's what made her sick...that's what made him sick, too. A real blood-sweat-and tears-lovestory found its ending...an ending nobody wished for.
But that's the tragedy of life....He could have been...I even still believe he was the right one, at least the one who came close to be the right one for her. Too bad he wasn't strong enough to resist phisical attraction!!! Most of all I'm sorry for her 'cause their lovestory was so nice, so deep, so good.........Steph was so happy, she didn't deserve to fall. She still doesn't.............
I hope she'll find someone who can make her as happy as she once was with Daniel....or even happier...as happy as she deserves to be...the happiest of all!!! :heart:

I loved you like I would have never believed to be able to love. I did for you what I would never do for anyone else and I'd do it again if I had to, I wouldn't hesitate one second. We lived unforgettable moments, we fighted like crazy, we sufferd. I payed the prize for my mistakes, and even if I lost everything I say to myself that at least one time in my life I had the chance to live a lovestory like it only exists in books. Be ready all the three of you: No matter where I'll be I'll continue to look after you and protect you. I know that our story is over and out. I simply ask you, Stephanie: not to forget what we had and to forgive me one day. Knowing that finaly you'll always be the greatest love of my life.

Daniel Ducruet, Lettre à Stéphanie 1997

I guess ahe forgave..but couldn't forget.........

Attachments

• steph_dan_and_paulie_walking.jpg
    steph_dan_and_paulie_walking.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 16,378
Close friends they are today...that's the best they could ever do ...for the kids. If only every divorced couple would be that way!!!

Attachments

• friends.JPG
    friends.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 8,957
Maybe theese pics help to understand what I wanted to say. This would not be possible without really strong ties that keep holding together no matter what happend......no matter who was the idiot....

...a proove for Stephanie's brave and sweet soul....She understands.... :)

Attachments

• friends2.JPG
    friends2.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 4,399
I remember reading or hearing about the girlfriend and the baby. Does anyone know what happened to her and the baby? I never heard anything about this again.

Stephanie may have been very much in love with him, but your're right Galisteo. That should have been a definite clue.

Hi Galisteo! :)

Thank you for the articles. You're right. It is much worse. :blink:

His ex-girlfriend...six months pregnant at the time? :eek: :eek: I guess that one should take solace that she was apparently his ex-girlfriend and they had parted ways. :rolleyes:

I can't believe that he said that Mol-Houteman needed directions driving. That isn't very original. :D ;)

Hi!
Well, all you describe are just circumstances in peoples life...and things that happen. It is, in my point of view, nothing special to find love with another woman even if you have an ex-girlfriend who's having your baby. As for Mrs. Martine Malbouvier and her and Daniel's son Michael, they are doing quite fine...and during theri common years Stephanie and Daniel cared about Louis and Pauline's brother a lot. He even had his own room in Stephanie's house.
As for Daniel going to meet that woman Fili....well, he shouldn't have een going there, and I guess he knows that quite well now, ....if he was trapped or not doesn't make much of a difference. His mistake was to go to see a woman he didn't really know well just because she wanted to talk to him or needed his advice. Stephanie always confirmed that fact as the point in thier relation were he broke her trust. Why does a loving husband and father go to have a talk with a woman he doesn't know well????
As for Stephanie and Franco...they just met..and they fell in love ...theese things happen! You don't plan those things! And it cirtainly wasn't Steph's purpose to hurt Franco's little son Anthony....who btw got along with her very well. And then there was Franco's frustrated wife who shot every kind of dirt on Stephanie afterwords, behaving like a furious kindergarten-girl......

Sometimes life doesn't ask you which way you wanna go...it just takes you somewhere! :) !

Louis and his brother Michael at his christianing in April 1995

Attachments

• LouisDbap.jpg
    LouisDbap.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,070
It occurs to me ... is there a pattern here?

Did / does Stephanie deliberately go out with guys (she knows) who will two-time her ?

A qote from Daniel's book ' Lettre à Stéphanie' ' :

One of the memories the most marking of our official life was the one and only appearance that we made together on the balcony on the occasion of Monaco's National Day in 1995. Two grand windows opend directly to the big Palace Place where there was the parade of firemen, police, Carabiniers and all official deligations of the Principality. When the parade was over the monegasque people gatherd on the Palace's square under those windowsto watch all members of the princely family appear. When we were still inside I could hear the crowed shout your name: 'Stephanie' Stephanie....' several times. This day it was the first time we officially appeared together....At this ocasion I was able to access to the private appartments of the Palace. Two things were the most striking: First, the uncountable portraits and photos of your mother which made her seem enormously presentand second, you teenage-child-room and that photo of one of your former boyfriends:)...I didn't make any comment on that, but you see, I remeber that :)"

Wonder which former boyfriend that photo was of ????

I think it was Paul since he was always next to her in the hardest moment of her life.

monaco70s said:
I think it was Paul since he was always next to her in the hardest moment of her life.

Think so too
( thanx forever, Paul :) )

Thank you so much Michelle for starting this thread. I had never heard about the book before and the quotes were quite touching..They sound even nicer in French..:) How sad that this relationship had to end..:( Do you have any more excerpts? Je te remercie beaucoup..

Hey, Michelle! This new thread is very interesting. I don't like Daniel Ducruet, esp. since he keeps on spewing nasty stuff about the Grimaldis and talking about private matters. But yes, I believe that Steph was truly happy with him - she looked her best (at least for me) during the years with him. I'm glad that they're friendly to each other - not all persons can manage that.

Keep it coming! I love those tidbits. Thanks!

Last edited:
I read on another board that DD had done an interview on Alberts' love child that had not yet been published. Purely gossip but I thought I'd pass it on.

Lettre à Stéphanie , 1997

With time I started to ask myself what made you fight for me. Was it a challenge. ....Before me you have known men who were rich, famous, men who would have been able to offer you all you need - a life suitable for what you were used to. These men would have been easily accepted by your family. But it was me you chose. ...You wanted to build up something stable and authentic. Altough the ties which united you and your family were extremly strong you sufferd because of the obligations and duties that caused seperations. You dreamed of a very simple life....Ýou said that you liked my franckness and simplicity....Me, I was to melt in front of you, your fragility, your little-girls voice and your permanent need to be protected. I never stoped protecting you.

Last edited:
How Stephnaie met Daniel's mother for the first time:

It was one night in winter 1991. It was really cold and my mom was alone in her appartment. She still lived in that small appartment in the H.L.M ( district with appartments for the working class). We didn't want a meeting that was too of any official caracter. So I called her to announce that we would pass by ...the two of us.I remember that I told her not to prepare anything special and above all to stay natural. I wanted that you get to know her the way I love her. She paniced a bit but I said: ' Maman, forget about that she's a princess, just think of her as the woman I love and live with'.....I was curious to see how she would adress you . Would she call you ' Highness' ( Altesse) or ' Miss' ( Mademoiselle )?... I feared she would use the obligatory ' Bonjour Altesse' ( because he knows Stephanie was not that fond of it )...But when we arrived you headed towards her and kissed her saying : ' Bonjour Madame' ...before my mother had the time to respond I said: ' Maman, this is Stephanie. I don't want any special manners between you two so please adress her by her first name...just call her Stephanie'.

Last edited:
How things were with Stephanie's father:

...Several times I was up to call your father or your brother to tie some kind of nod.....One day I did it. I admit that today , Stephanie, because you never knew.I called the Palace and asked to speak to your father. I couldn't cope with the rejection anymore. I wanted to explain to him that I loved you and that we were happy together and above all that I wasn't that kind of worthless person he imagined me to be. Just because I wasn't the kind of son-in-law he had hoped for didn't mean that I was worth nothing at all. ...Believe me, I had to bring up a lot of courage to dial this number. The first time they told me he wasn't at home, the second that he was in a meeting...I understood then that he didn't want to talk....

Stephanie pregnant with Louis:

You were marvellous.You never felt sick or something.Your physical condition was incredible. I adred your fuller figure. The more your tummy got rounded the more you were beautiful to me. I found you even more attractive. I would even say that my desire for you didn't stop growing :p;)...

Last edited:
November 26th 1992, Louis' birth :

I never forget the moment you realized it was time to leave for the hospital.It was about 6 o' cock in the morning You woke up and you went into the bathroom while I was still some kind of asleep.Coming back from the bathroom you woke me up. Your hands posed on your tummy you said in a calm voice: ' I think it's time.' I jumped out of the bed....we arrived at the Princess Grace Hospital maternity at about 10 a.m. A special service was installed for you. Your room was prepared ( it was the same room were Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre were born some years before) and the nurses were ready for it as well. They conected you with the monitor that examined your labours, their intensity as well as the beating of the babys heart. I held your hand and put the other and on your tummy. You sufferd terribly and the labours / pains got more and more unbearable....the nurses suggested that I should go and have a cup of coffee but I didn't want to move. I started to fear for you because during the last hour the controling monitor showed that Louis' heart beat got weak The umbilical cord was winded around Louis'body which made it impossible for him to come out in the normal way. The doctors gave you an anesthesia and brought you to the operatinary block of the hospital. I hoped for them to let me get in there with you but I had to wait in front of the door....I was so afraid of that something could happen to you during the operation....Finally after around half an hour, which seemed like an eternity to me, a nurse appeared holding Louis in her arms. I don't know how to describe what I felt at that moment. It wasn't only the undescribable feeling of a father who discovers his own son but above that Louis represented the coronation of our love and our combat. He became the symbol of our first victory. It was November 26th 1992....You were not completely out of the anesthesia yet, so very slowly and softly I layed our son close to you and held you two close in my arms. At this moment you opend your eyes and looked at me. We didn't talk. Words, I think wouldn'thave been strong enough to express what we felt at the bottom of our hearts. As I caressed your face I realized that a tear was running down your cheek, I started crying like a child....

Last edited:
More Please post more .

Please post more Michelle. I would especially be interested in any stories that Daniel says about Caroline. Thanks again!!!

After Louis' birth:

Your sister came to visit when I was present as well. It was the first time I met her since we lived together. I thought that at this moment I didn't have anything to hide. I was the father of her nephew. When she came into the room she directly went towards you to kiss you without paying attention to me, then she turned to Louis who was patiently sleeping in his bed...I stood up and left the room. i could hear you talk without knowing what you were talking about. I wondered what it was you were talking about. A few minutes later Princess Caroline came into the room I waited in and said to me:' Excuse me, I think I didn't say hello yet.' She shoke my hand and then she returned to you. I went for a walk for about an hour leaving you two alone...

Back
Top Bottom