The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Commoner

What is the Queen's taste in Music?

Hi, being a fan of Her Majesty I was wondering if anyone would know what her taste in Music is at all?........I'm sure the Queen would be familiar with CD's and have one in her official Bentley.......I'm intrigued to know what she likes to listen too!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:35 PM

Well, according to a BBC report last year about the Queen not being a culture vulture, she prefers songs from her generation and despite being patron of various orchestras has only ever accepted them on the condition that she doesn't have to attend. She isn't a fan of classical music and judging from her past involvement in choosing the Royal Variety Performance acts (she doesn't anymore) I think it's fair to say that she's a pop girl.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Gentry

A "pop" girl? ^_^
Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

She looks more who likes to hear classically music or Jazz like her grandson, Prince William.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Gentry

I have an inkling that she values the song "People Will Say We're In Love".

Seriously, I have a feeling that she most enjoys the music that was popular during her youth....brings out a sense of nostalgia.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedvig View Post
One more video of the recital news.bbc.co.uk
Take notice of the music lover pet!

I heard the Queen Elizabeth does not like classical music. is that true?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Always thought she did.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Courtier

Anything but a royal fanfare I should think, she must be sick of them after all these years.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Nobility

Her Majesty The Queen is certainly eager to hear military music. Watch The Birthday Parade and see how she is tapping her feet practically all the time.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Courtier

I once read that The Queen likes very much and dances at the sound of ABBA.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
Her Majesty The Queen is certainly eager to hear military music. Watch The Birthday Parade and see how she is tapping her feet practically all the time.
... that may be becuase of her familiarity with the tune, having heard it a few times in her lifetime!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Nobility

I read somewhere long ago that at the New Year's Eve party she always liked to dance to Bill Hailey's Rock Around the Clock. Of course I read this long ago and my memory may be playing with me!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Commoner

Rock around the clock---this would be funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
I read somewhere long ago that at the New Year's Eve party she always liked to dance to Bill Hailey's Rock Around the Clock. Of course I read this long ago and my memory may be playing with me!

Icould not imagine how her majesty dances to this music! I would like to see this!

Old 07-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Gentry

I guess the Queen likes classical music since she accepted to attend a piano recital of Condoleezza Rice. The piece was from Brahms. But maybe she just accepted to be polite...
From the Telegraph : Condoleezza Rice plays piano for the Queen - Telegraph
Old 07-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Nobility

and maybe she was obligated to attend because its a part of her job ,
im a fan of classical music but sometimes my friends invite me to a rock or rap concerts , i accepte always just for compliment !!!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Aristocracy

Question Degree in Music?!

The website peerage.com states this - Elizabeth II Windsor, Queen of the United Kingdom graduated from London University, London, England, in 1946 with a Honorary Bachelor of Music (B.Mus.).5She was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Music (Mus.D.) by University of Wales, Wales, in 1949. This would be the first time I've heard this. I had no idea! What is her musical talent? I'm very interested to know...

Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Courtier

I always heard that she loved Frank Sinatra's music. QE requested that he sing when she made a state visit to California (years ago.) Sintra sang and everyone said that QE was so happy to see him.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

It's an honourary degree. She wouldn't have studied for it. Honourary degrees are a way of recognizing contributions that a person has made to a community or as a way of honouring their position. I'd think, though, that because she was a very upper-class young lady, Princess Elizabeth would have taken piano or singing or some other instrument as part of her general education at home. Princess Margaret played the piano and sang well, but I've not read anything about the Queen doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
The website peerage.com states this - Elizabeth II Windsor, Queen of the United Kingdom graduated from London University, London, England, in 1946 with a Honorary Bachelor of Music (B.Mus.).5She was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Music (Mus.D.) by University of Wales, Wales, in 1949. ..
Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness

Just a thought and of topic. Maybe the Queen's love for music is where Prince Charles gets his artistic tendency to art.

It is an interesting info from Lady Meg about the honorary degree the Queen has gotten.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness

For some reason I would have guessed that she liked Classical Music. I can see that I'm wrong.

Tags
elizabeth ii, music, queen elizabeth ii