What is the Queen's taste in Music?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basically, where classical music is concerned, her tastes are I belive what we would call 'light classical music. At Investitures etc the Bands of the Household Divisions play a selection of 'contemporary music' often from shows - 76 Trombones etc or 'Raindrops keep falling on my head' etc etc.

For her own legendary parties, American members of this forum can feel particularly proud, because her majesty chose to have Lester Lannin and his Orchestra fly over - her own choice of English Dance band was Joe Loss and his Orchestra - who played the sort of music Lester Lannin did, interspersed with the Swing music of the 1940's etc - Glenn Miller stuff.

And yes, she loves military music - she tapped her toes a good few times at the Tattoo at The Royal Windsor Horse Show.......I was watching.

Hope this helps.

pgm1952 said:
I'm pretty sure I read a footnote in Gyles Brandreth's book on the marriage of the Queen and Prince Philip that she knew every song of a certain wartime singer... maybe it was Glenn Miller? Have to check that for accuracy!

It was George Formby not Glenn Miller! I just checked the book I mentioned above and Her Majesty supposedly knows all of George Formby's songs.

Elizabeth II's cousin, Lady Elizabeth Anson expressed that Queen Elizabeth liked musicals like Showboat, Oklahoma! and Annie Get Your Gun. A favorite tune is Cheek to Cheek.

:previous: Yes she is said to have revealed during a dinner party that she was a fan of Dancing Queen. Which besides its name, of course has a royal history as it was performed for the first time as part of the wedding celebrations for Carl Gustaf and Silvia.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018072750652/the-queen-fan-of-abba-dancing-queen/

And of course there is the queen's ipod.

In 2005 she was said to have bought one, and then the Obamas famously gave her one as a gift. There is actually a photograph of her Ipod.

https://www.vogue.com/article/queen-elizabeth-ipod-investigation

Ingrid Seward said she likes 60's music including the Beach Boys. One of her favorites being 'California girls'.

Back
Top Bottom