The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2010, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This has been a truely wonderful trip to watch and the Queen has shined tremendously.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

The Queen in Winnipeg: news clip

JULY 03: Queen Elizabeth II looks on as she arrives at the new James Armstrong Richardson International airport on July 3, 2010 in Winnipeg, Canada: Image gallery

JULY 03: Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by Lt Gov Philip Lee, with the Duke of Edinburgh behind, walk towards a copy of the Magna Carta which was produced in 1217, at Government House on July 3, 2010 in Winnipeg, Canada: Image gallery

JULY 03: Queen Elizabeth II unveils a cornerstone as she arrives at the site for Canadian Museum of Human Rights as Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Prime Minister Stephen Harper looks on on July 3, 2010 in Winnipeg, Canada: Image gallery - I love the colours the Queen is wearing, the hat is very pretty.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen, Prince Phillip, to spend day at the races in Toronto - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca
Old 07-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Commoner

Here are two pics of Her Majesty when she came to The Forks in Winnipeg. I took the pics myself with my cell phone and yes she came right up to me and the kids on either side of me, what beauty she still has!

The first has Prime Minister Stephen Harper just behind her. The other, she's accepting flowers from little girls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0018.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	274160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0019.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	274161  
Old 07-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Courtier

The Queen is beautiful. During the Canada Day ceremony on Parliament Hill, they showed clips of the Queen`s past visits to Canada, and a friend of mine remarked afterwards that "her hair is gray, but the Queen`s face hasn`t changed. She has the same face and smile that she did when she was a young woman." Of course the Queen has aged, but most people seem to change much more over the years. The Queen has some mysterious timeless quality to her...a little like the Queen Mother, actually.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Commoner

Causes me to wonder, what is it they have or do, that allows them such long and healthy lives? Nothing against her, I adore her alot, I am just curious.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Ha! This reminds me of a conversation I overheard while waiting to see the Queen pass by. It went something along these lines:
Man 1: "How old is the Queen? 83?"
Man 2: "No, I think she`s 86. Her mother lived to be 101..."
Man 1: "Wow!"
Man 2: "Well, they`re royals. They have a whole team of people fixing them up. When they get a scratch they call in the neurosurgeons!"
Old 07-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Commoner

hahahahaha, well that'd explain a good part of it then eh? :p
Old 07-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

A friend of mine at the Lord of the Rings MB I belong to and also Mod at went to see Her Majesty and His Royal Highness in Halifax and was lucky enough to give the Queen her flowers. She's still gushing about Her Majesty's complexion and that she hopes her's is just as lovely when she reaches that age. :)

Concerning what I thought I saw on Canada Day w/Her Majesty touching Joannie Rochette's Bronze Medal from Vancouver... I was lying on my bed watching the broadcast, on an angle and also didn't have my glasses on. Combine that w/the angle of the shot shown and...To me it looked like Her Majesty touched Joannie's Medal.

Oh well...No big deal really and no harm done. :)

bweir and Sovereign of Love, thanks for sharing your pictures w/us. The Queen really did look stunning yesterday. I've said it before, but I'll say it again...Her Majesty is one of those very few people/women who look incredable in yellow.

I did feel for everyone in Winnipeg yesterday though when I heard there was a Tornado Watch going on thanks to the humid conditions. I'm sure the organizers were turning the air several shades of blue w/their comments when Environment Canada released that piece of information.

BTW...On the CTV National News last night, the reporter they had covering the Visit shared that Her Majesty was overheard remarking...

Quote:
My Goodness...This isn't finished.
When entering the new Terminal at the airport. I'm guessing for two people who are so used to everything being precise in it's appearance, it would have been a surprise to see that.

Little under a half hour to go for The Queen's Plate, the oldest running horse race in North America and the first jewel in Canada's Racing Triple Crown.

Wouldn't it be something if that horse that has as it's Sire one of the Queen's horses actually won today? Fitting too.

Will The Lieutenant-Governor of Ontario, The Right Honourable David Onley be there as well? Reason I'm asking is because I just don't know how doable is for him at Woodbine to go from The Royal Box, where he'd be w/the Royal Couple, out to the Winners Circle in his motorized wheelchair.

Mr. Onley is Ontario's first disabled Lieutenant Governor, which is fantastic for all of us in the Disabled Community, but not so great for him when it comes to certain of his duties. Like today. However, w/the Queen there to present the Guineas and the Trophies, I'm not sure if he needs to go out w/her and the Duke.

Anyone know what the protocol is?
Old 07-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign_Of_Love View Post
Here are two pics of Her Majesty when she came to The Forks in Winnipeg. I took the pics myself with my cell phone and yes she came right up to me and the kids on either side of me, what beauty she still has!

The first has Prime Minister Stephen Harper just behind her. The other, she's accepting flowers from little girls.
Wonderful photos!

Here are some of mine from the church service in Toronto this morning.

I didn't get nearly as close to them as I had in my previous two sightings, but I still had a pretty good view today. Ah well, can't win 'em all!

Click on Prince Philip for a full gallery!

Old 07-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty is about to do the presentation at The Queen's Plate.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Commoner

heh, I'm surprised that no one over-reacted when that one lady breached the guards to hand HM that black bag with a tea towel in it.

Bweir, you two also have some pretty awesome photos, wish I could follow her everywhere but I'd be long broke before I get that chance :p
Old 07-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen's Woodbine Visit

I haven't posted in a very long time but today I simply had to.
I live in the Toronto region and visited the Woodbine Racetracks today; participated in the Queen's Plate. I lost my bet but was lucky enough to see the Queen and the Prince from a distance. For those who are intrested - the crowd turn out was immense and everybody seemed in good spirits. The public was so thrilled when the Queen arrived, she came motor vehicle on the track and then moved into the horse and carriage which brought her infront of the crowd to her box. She indeed looked lovely and very young at heart. Prince Philip who I have always perceived to be a grump was very pleasant, smiling and offering ther Queen his silent support. He sported a fabulous top hat of course! After the races she presented the winner with his trophy (I have never seen anyone's smile so big) and left. My only disappointment was that she did not speak. As she was driving away she was still smiling and waving from the car window.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Commoner

That is why I adore her, no matter where she is, she still puts her best smile on for her people and in return we do the same. I'm looking forward to her next visit for the next jubilee.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign_Of_Love View Post
That is why I adore her, no matter where she is, she still puts her best smile on for her people and in return we do the same. I'm looking forward to her next visit for the next jubilee.

The royal couple certainly seemed to smile a lot during their visit, even when the weather didn't cooperate. It seems that everyone has enjoyed the visit and has been in a good mood -- I just loved the Prince's broad smile in Bweir's picture. The crowds have been very appreciative of the Queen's efforts, which -- no matter in how good a shape you are in at her age -- cannot have been easy, given her hectic schedule. (and the same goes for the Duke, of course!)
Old 07-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Lots of pictures from today including the mass she attended at the Cathedral Church of St. James in Toronto : Image gallery

News clips:
Royal couple visit Toronto
Royal couple arrives for race

Old 07-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

What a wonderful photo of Prince Philip!! He looks several years younger in this shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweir View Post
Old 07-05-2010, 04:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Honestly I don't remember the last time I saw the Queen and Duke so happy. Not just with each other but with the crowd and with just everything in general. I'm so happy they did this tour I think it was nice for them to get away from London for a while. I don`t want to start anything but I just felt the last few months they looked somewhat bored...I don`t want to go so far as to say unahppy cause I don`t know that just by looking at pictures.

bwier once again congrats on meeting The Queen and Duke for the 3rd time this trip..hopefully if the rumours are true and they come back in 2012 for their Jubilee year she`ll visit Vancouver.I desperately want to see The Queen. I greatly admire her.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
What a wonderful photo of Prince Philip!! He looks several years younger in this shot.
That's one thing I've really noticed watching all the coverage of the Canadian visit this past week. Walking about and greeting some of the more elderly gentlemen in the crowd, I had to remind myself that the Duke most likely had a few more years on him than the majority of the men in the pictures.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Courtier

I'm afraid that Italian news agency ANSA is a bit confused about the visit. This photo gallery is titled: "Elizabeth and Philip's Canadian holiday".
Holiday?! Then you wonder why here many people think that royals don't work...