Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip: Visit to Bermuda, Trinidad & Tobago - Nov 24-28, '09

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guesses on what tiara might get used?

Also, Are C&C acccompanying HM for the Commonwealth meeting?

The journey has started:

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip get a send off from The Lord
Chamberlain upon departing London's Heathrow Airport bound for
the Caribbean. The Queen had to keep a firm hold of her hat to
prevent it from blowing off at a windy Heathrow, November 24,
2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive at L.F. Wade
International Airport, St George, Bermuda, at the beginning of a
three day tour of the Island.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the walkabout yesterday, the Queen
was wearing a very strong colour, the previous pics or the
video didn't show it that much. Pic 3 with Prince Philip is very
nice and on pic 5 she smiles at islanders dressed in period
costumes.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip during a walkabout at King's
Square, St. George's in Bermuda November 24, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The Queen looks incredible beautiful in Bermuda. :flowers:

On the BBC news this morning they had a very short clip of HM at a reception (evening?), but it went really fast, and I can't find any photos of the event anywhere...anyone else had any luck finding some? (HM had on a fine black lace jacket over a pale cocktail dress)

Tonight: The Girls of Great Britain tiara, Festoon necklace, and the Queen Mother's earrings. I think this is the first time HM has worn the earrings the Queen Mother wore so frequently.

British Royal Family - Yahoo! News Photos

Thanks so much for the yahoo link bweir

HM looked OK but could have been fabulous with a little shape at the waist of her dress

Certainly not the first time that she wore the earrings, they were worn previously at a Garter Day.

Certainly not the first time that she wore the earrings, they were worn previously at a Garter Day.

Unless HM wore them while the QM was still alive (unlikely) I don't think so.

Earring Roster:

2009 -- Dubai Sapphires
2008 -- Rubies
2007 -- George VI Wedding Gift sapphires
2006 -- Cluster earrings (VERY similar to the Queen Mother's earrings worn in Bermuda, but not quite)
2005 -- Victoria's Diamond studs (I think. Large single diamonds)
2004 -- Queen Victoria's earrings (pear shaped drop)
2003 -- Diamond Earrings with three drops

2002 -- Large pearl button earrings

On the BBC news this morning they had a very short clip of HM at a reception (evening?), but it went really fast, and I can't find any photos of the event anywhere...anyone else had any luck finding some? (HM had on a fine black lace jacket over a pale cocktail dress)

The Bermuda offical website has now uploaded many lovely pictures from this reception:

http://www.bermudaroyalvisit.gov.bm/gallery.html

HM looked OK but could have been fabulous with a little shape at the waist of her dress

Whilst ordinarily I would have agreed with your comment, I just don't think it is relevant in the case of an 83 year old lady. I think we can all have differing views on whether we liked her dress or not, but I doubt if many people would disagree that she looked wonderful.

HM resurrected what appears to be her Wedding Tiara last night! :eek: This hasn't been trotted out since Princess Anne wore it to her wedding. :)

Obama hosts first State Dinner - Yahoo! News Photos

Despite what the text says, that link DOES indeed lead to a picture of HM in Trinidad, not the Indian State Banquet at the White House. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the DM going on about saying wearing the George III tiara is to do with the credit crunch? Many of her jewels are heirlooms. It's not as though anyone would throw diamonds away because they are old the way you might with clothes. What a ridiculous thing to say. The reporting in this newspaper is getting worse.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth meets with Canada's Prime Minister Stephen
Harper at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Port-
Of-Spain November 27, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Queen Elizabeth during the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth
Heads of Government Meeting in Port-Of-Spain November 27, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

What is the DM going on about saying wearing the George III tiara is to do with the credit crunch? Many of her jewels are heirlooms. It's not as though anyone would throw diamonds away because they are old the way you might with clothes. What a ridiculous thing to say. The reporting in this newspaper is getting worse.

Not only getting worse, but it is NOT the George III fringe tiara! :bang: The tiara was made for Queen Mary in1919.

And which brooch is this please?

It's the Kensington Bow with pearl drop. There is lots of information about the brooches on the Royal Jewels section..

Not only getting worse, but it is NOT the George III fringe tiara! :bang: The tiara was made for Queen Mary in1919.

According to The Queen's Jewels by Leslie Field, this is George III's fringe tiara. Queen Victoria left it to the Crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom