The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Old 03-25-2011, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

An expected announcement.

Theres speculation that HM and HRH will also visit Eastern states as well.

The length of their visit would not exceed a week I'd imagine.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-29-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Porch light on for Queen Elizabeth and Barack Obama | The Australian

Buckingham Palace has given the Australian government the message that this visit is, almost certainly, the last to Australia by the Queen, now aged 85. It will be a time of high emotion and some insiders predict a large turnout as the Australian public realises this is the final opportunity to see an icon of monarchy, one of the longest serving British sovereigns and the longest-serving Australian head of state, who first travelled to Australia in 1954, the inaugural visit by a reigning monarch to this country.

Apart from her CHOGM commitments in Perth, the Queen will travel east to visit Canberra along with some other states. The visit will be framed as "possibly" her last to Australia. This is not a commentary upon her health, just the reality of age. It is also a message of courtesy for her subjects, supporters and cheer squad.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Dates announced for The Queen's visit to Australia, 23 September 2011

Her Majesty and His Royal Highness will arrive in Canberra on Wednesday, 19th October before travelling to Perth on Wednesday 26th October for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting.

Additionally, the Royal couple will undertake two “away days” one to Brisbane on Monday 24th October, and one to Melbourne on Wednesday 26th October.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:16 AM

Australian visit dates

Does anyone know where I can find an itinerary of the HRHs on their visit to Australia in October? I live in Canberra and would love to see them whilst they are here.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

A more detailed itinerary has been released:

Visit to Australia, 19 to 29 October 2011
Old 10-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip to visit Australia | Royal Insight
Old 10-17-2011, 04:09 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Australia's official coin marking The Queen's Visit [17/10/2011]

A $5 uncirculated gold coin was launched by the Royal Australian Mint today to mark the Queen's upcoming visit to Australia. It features 16 St Edward's Crowns, one for each of the Queen's visits to Australia.

Image1 *** Image 2
Old 10-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Governor's bed hop for the Queen | Perth Now

The Queen is swapping bedrooms with WA Governor Malcolm McCusker and his wife for her three-night stay in Government House despite a taxpayer-funded renovation to spruce up the royal suite.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obonekay View Post
Does anyone know where I can find an itinerary of the HRHs on their visit to Australia in October? I live in Canberra and would love to see them whilst they are here.
I'll be in Brisbane during the time they're here so I'll try to take lots of pictures of them in South Bank on the 24th!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
I'll be in Brisbane during the time they're here so I'll try to take lots of pictures of them in South Bank on the 24th!
Wow! You're so lucky to have that opportunity/ Will you share some of your photos on here?

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obonekay View Post
My friend is at Canberra airport as we speak and says she is due to arrive there at any minute...
Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Majesty

She has arrived. She looked fine but she did look old. Yes I know she is 85 and for the first time I think she really looked it.

Smallish crowd of schoolchildren to greet her but limited number due to security (it was a major air force base).
Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I haven't seen the coverage of HM's arrival in Australia, but I do know what you mean, Iluvbertie, about her looking old. I've been noticing that she's less steady on her feet, particularly in the last couple of years.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:40 AM
Commoner

I had just dropped my son's friend home after cricket when we saw the police motorbikes coming around the corner, we pulled over and jumped out and got to wave to Her Majesty, and wonderfully got a wave and smile back !! Wonderful.

I told my son that I was his age when the Queen came to my home town of Tamworth, so maybe 9 years old is the age to see your first real life Queen.

Now we just have plan work, school and sport around Her Majesty's travels around our beautiful city.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Commoner

The itinerary from the official website of the British Monarchy...

Visit to Australia, 19 to 29 October 2011
Old 10-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Arrival pictures from Zimbio, and from getty.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Courtier

I read that she arrived and they are saying it going to be the last official tour by Her Majesty and Prince Phillip. Bought a tear to my eye. I know no one lives for ever but they have both always had a special place here and are much loved. I saw the Queen in Sydney years ago and it was something I will never forget. I guess it really brings home their age and they are both sadly really showing their years especially Phillip. Although for 90 he is so active he is looking more gaunt. I hope they both have a wonderful time they aren't coming my way but I will keep up to date with the news. My sister lives in Canberra so maybe she will get to see them.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thanks for the pics.

I'm fascinated by ceremonial and protocol. The female Australian army officer, who is following in the heels of QEII, what is her role?
She's not an adjutant and she's not the commander of the honor guard, so what is her function?

I noticed the honor guard was armed with the FN SLR rifle, is that purely a ceremonial issue now or are some reserve units still using it?

I know, this is for nerds, but I can't help it...
Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Muhler do you mean the woman in pink or in blue/black?
Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh Meet The

The blue/black clothed woman in PM Julia Gillard, the woman in Pink is Quentin Bryce, Governor General of Australia.