The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Nobility

The Queen looks that she is ageing as well. But I was shocked to see Lady Susan Hussey, her Lady-in-Waiting, she grows older faster and faster as well.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Aristocracy

Queen and Duke of Edinburgh arrive in Australia for 11-day tour - Telegraph

Video after fifth paragraph.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Muhler do you mean the woman in pink or in blue/black?
Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh Meet The

The blue/black clothed woman in PM Julia Gillard, the woman in Pink is Quentin Bryce, Governor General of Australia.
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I meant the female army officer in this pic. Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Queen Elizabeth II And Duke of Edinburgh Visit Australia - Day 1 - Zimbio
Old 10-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

Wow! You're so lucky to have that opportunity/ Will you share some of your photos on here?
Definitely!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Like it says in the picture she'll be some high ranking member of the armed forces who was chosen to meet the Queen. Nobody nameworthy to the press.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Like it says in the picture she'll be some high ranking member of the armed forces who was chosen to meet the Queen. Nobody nameworthy to the press.
Eh, as far as I can tell, Lumutqueen, she's a captain.
And she doesn't appear to be conversing with QEII, rather she appears to have some sort of specific role.

I've never noticed this before.
It's normal to attach an adjutant to a visiting - foreign - dignitary as a kind of liason officer.
But QEII is not visiting a foreign country and she has her own LiW's and adjutants with her. So what is this female officer doing?

Yes, I know, only nerds can be interested...
Old 10-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She is meeting the Queen, just because she isn't conversing with the Queen in the picture doesn't mean she hasn't before or didn't after. She could be assigned to the man who is actually conversing with The Queen, if that makes you feel better. As to what her name is, what she does, and why she's there (other than meeting the Queen) doubt anyone is going to know.

Queen Elizabeth arrives in Australia for what could be her last tour of the country | Mail Online
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

HM is splendid!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Definitely!
Looking forward to seeing and reading about your experience. A once in a lifetime opportunity, for sure.

Her Majesty looked splendid on her arrival. She's indeed aging very well.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She is meeting the Queen, just because she isn't conversing with the Queen in the picture doesn't mean she hasn't before or didn't after. She could be assigned to the man who is actually conversing with The Queen, if that makes you feel better. As to what her name is, what she does, and why she's there (other than meeting the Queen) doubt anyone is going to know.
Easy, Lumutqueen.

I was merely being curious.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

First off- love H.M. outfit, and hat- indeed stunning, love the color combo, and the purple flower in her hat.
Love Mrs. Bryce in the pink outfit in the 3rd pic! Easy to spot in the crowd... big plus. Get your shades on, Your Majesty!
Love the 7th pic, and the smile in the last pic.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Majesty

I loved seeing the pictures of Her Majesty with the children. The look on her face when she was given a stuffed puppy was priceless.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Those are lovely pictures. Does anyone know what brooch the Queen is wearing? Here is a pic:
Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Muhler - she's the Australian aide-de-camp, appointed for the duration of the visit.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Muhler - she's the Australian aide-de-camp, appointed for the duration of the visit.
Thank you, Polly
That makes sense.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Those are lovely pictures. Does anyone know what brooch the Queen is wearing? Here is a pic:
Quite appropriately, she appears to be wearing the Australian Wattle Brooch:

Royal Collection - Queen & Commonwealth
Old 10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I think that's the Wattle brooch - a gift from the people of Australia during her visit there in 1954. HMQ always tries to wear brooches with special significance when she makes visits to her other realms.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Windsorgirl and EIIR, thank you so much for the information and the story behind the brooch. It's a lovely piece of jewelry with a great meaning behind it.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Majesty

She always wears that brooch when she visits Australia or attends an event that relates specifically to Australia when in the UK e.g. when she opened the war memorial for the Australians in London she wore it as well.

She also has a silver fern one that she wears in NZ for the same reason.

As for this being her last visit - I was watching the arrival and the commentators were mentioning the fact that she isn't going to Sydney and that they wouldn't be surprised if she comes back again even possibly next year in the Jubilee. Although they didn't say it one thing to note is that she isn't visiting NZ this time it is possible (she can't visit NZ at the moment as they are in election mode).
Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

OMG.. how can you just not love these two? They look wonderful for their age, and their faces speak volumes about their commitment to their roles. Long live the Queen!!!!