The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Philip asks Navy cadet Elizabeth Rendle if she works in a strip club | Mail Online

Daily Mail Article.

The Queen looks stunning in those pictures.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

The X Factor star Rhydian Roberts is butt of joke by Duke of Edinburgh - Telegraph

Rhydian Roberts, who was a runner-up on The X Factor, says the Duke of Edinburgh made quip at Windsor Castle.

"It's pretty superb. They are normal. The funniest guy I've ever met is the Duke of Edinburgh. I was performing in one of his front rooms and he said: 'What do you think?' I said: 'It's a lovely room; it's a lot smaller than I thought. Because of the sound quality, I didn't want to blast it out.' He said: 'Is it not grand enough for you?'"

Old 06-13-2010, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Ethiopia, 1965: The Prince Philip gaffe you haven't heard about – Telegraph Blogs

Back in 1965 my father was a journalist following the Royal Family on a tour of east Africa. The Prince, while being shown some Ethiopian art, the sort of thing which to westerners might resemble “primitive” African art (rather than the Orthodox Christian art of which Ethiopia is also famous for),replied that it “looks like the kind of thing my daughter would bring back from her school art lessons”.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Nobility

Well I am not sure this is witty. I think it is rude to say such thing about what other cultures have produced. Espacially if you are a famous person whose ideas appear on media, you shouldn't say whatever comes to your mind. Or else, you would not be different form the teenage guys hanging out and teasing with eachother.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

On the other side, it seems he didn't have an high opinion about the then 15-y-o Princess Anne's artistic skils...
Old 06-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness

Duke of Edinburgh reminds ome of Sue Sylvester of Glee!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
On the other side, it seems he didn't have an high opinion about the then 15-y-o Princess Anne's artistic skils...
Hmm maybe it's because her father is very narrow minded about art. He seems not to have stepped out of European perspective even though he has a lot of opportunities to widen his horizon. We have a very good saying that best matches this situation, but I can't say it now as I don't prefer to say whatever comes to my mind in public.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Does anyone watch 'Mock the Week' on BBC2 and Dave in the UK? Quitten they have a section called 'Newsreel' where Hugh has to do a voiceover of a famous person. Quite oftem it's Prince Philip and those are always hilarious. Here's a link to couple of them.

I still kll myself laughing now even though i've seen them tens of times.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

C'mon! He's been doing this for years. Who exactly gets upset? How upset do they get? and Who has not invited him back to their country, knowing he's gonna do it?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM

oh i think Prince Philip is so brave to say something. he is a cute person.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
C'mon! He's been doing this for years. Who exactly gets upset? How upset do they get? and Who has not invited him back to their country, knowing he's gonna do it?
Well some of the things he has sad are quite offensive for the times.
We don't know how upset people actual get, and usually he does his "gaffs" on home turf, so he has to arrive home.

I don't think he's brave for doing it, he's just speaking his mind and sometimes it is slightly out of line.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Courtier

He is witty and funny, somtimes sharp and rude. Outspoken and bold. Always creates interest.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
He is witty and funny, somtimes sharp and rude. Outspoken and bold. Always creates interest.
And controversy.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Aristocracy

I luv Philips humour!!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

I just finished reading "Duke of Hazard: The Wit and Humour of Prince Philip" and I've got to say he is sharp! I can understand why his comments must be offensive to some people but really, at 89 years old I think he is just having fun, as I'm sure he's well aware he's known for his "humor". He's got to know he's got a following for his jokes.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbarsprincess View Post
Does anyone watch 'Mock the Week' on BBC2 and Dave in the UK? Quitten they have a section called 'Newsreel' where Hugh has to do a voiceover of a famous person. Quite oftem it's Prince Philip and those are always hilarious. Here's a link to couple of them.

I still kll myself laughing now even though i've seen them tens of times.
Omg these videos were hilarious!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Blundering Prince Philip slags off Stoke-on-Trent |

Blundering Prince Philip has put his foot in it again – after labelling Stoke-on-Trent "a ghastly place".

Details of the 1997 exchange have been revealed in Tony Blair's new political memoir A Journey.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post

Blundering Prince Philip has put his foot in it again – after labelling Stoke-on-Trent "a ghastly place".

Details of the 1997 exchange have been revealed in Tony Blair's new political memoir A Journey.

Having been to Stoke-on-Trent - Philip is absolutely correct - it is a ghastly place.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post

Thats a classic Philip comment!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Aristocracy

A while ago he stated that he thinks we Romanians make children to live them to orphanages. It was a lot of anger and disapproval here at that time and I think he was very rude and ignorant.
I don't care what he has to say anymore after this kind of statment ant it was nor wit nor humour in it.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, humor, humour, prince philip