The Wit and Humour of Prince Philip

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but there is an enormous difference in animals being reared in often awful conditions and killed in abottoirs and animals who have had a nice life and are killed (hopefully by a skilled person) instantly.

(Skydragon you of all people surely can see that :flowers:)

I know that a wife and prostitute both offer sex but there is a huge difference and I am not condemming any of the two.

So, I still am not happy with his sense of humor on this point, but we all do not get it right all the time.

:previous: He is saying that a wife and prostitute both offer sex, a butcher and a hunter are both involved with the death of animals, therefore neither can claim the moral high ground.:flowers:

but there is an enormous difference in animals being reared in often awful conditions and killed in abattoirs and animals who have had a nice life and are killed (hopefully by a skilled person) instantly.

(Skydragon you of all people surely can see that :flowers:)
:flowers: I don't see any difference between them. The terrible suffering of animals sent to a slaughter house and a fox chased for miles across the countryside and when caught, ripped to shreds by hounds to the delight of the huntsmen. Both are ****. When most people talk about blood sports here, they are primarily talking about foxhunting, not a hopefully quick death from an accurate shot, (and they are few and far between).

I do however believe there is a vast difference between a wife and a prostitute.:flowers:

:previous:
Not very good on Prince Phillips part, this gaffe has taken a while to surface. :)

Not very good on Prince Phillips part, this gaffe has taken a while to surface. :)

And once again the 'victim' doesn't appear to have taken offence but even retaliated with the tie at the Jubilee celebrations.

Another Daily Mail attack on the royal family.

Nice to see the person subject to the Prince's insult didn't take it personally.

Their makin something out of nothing......again.

The young man's mother brought the subject up in an interview with the BBC and then the media blew the whole thing up. If the young man was not offended by the remark, then it's over. I get a kick out of Prince Phillip and at his age now, he isn't going to stop. He's a person who is very straight forward.

I'm sure he'd be more careful than that. But that's quite hilarious. :lol::lol:

Parody is quite funny, thanks for the link...

Duke of Edinburgh asks female sea cadet if she works at a strip club - Telegraph

The Duke of Edinburgh took a female sea cadet by surprise when he asked her if she worked at a strip club.

Prince Philip put the question to Elizabeth Rendle, 24, as he and The Queen met cadets at Wyvern barracks in Exeter, Devon.

Asked what she did for a living she told him that she worked in a nightclub to which the Duke responded: "Is it a strip club?"

Observing her surprise he dismissed the suggestion saying that it was "probably too cold for that anyway".

That rascally old devil!!!

I'm glad there are still some in the public eye who are still able to speak their mind without worrying about being offensive or politically correct.

Cheeky sod...hahaha.

That at the age of 89, his inquisition should reflect the curiosity one would expect of a younger man amuses me very much. The old devil...:D

Goodness! I cannot imagine what HRH could possibly know about such venues! He is indeed an old devil!

I found the remarks in very poor taste but still :D

Duke of Edinburgh asks female sea cadet if she works at a strip club - Telegraph

The Duke of Edinburgh took a female sea cadet by surprise when he asked her if she worked at a strip club.

Prince Philip put the question to Elizabeth Rendle, 24, as he and The Queen met cadets at Wyvern barracks in Exeter, Devon.

Asked what she did for a living she told him that she worked in a nightclub to which the Duke responded: "Is it a strip club?"

Observing her surprise he dismissed the suggestion saying that it was "probably too cold for that anyway".

The X Factor star Rhydian Roberts is butt of joke by Duke of Edinburgh - Telegraph

Rhydian Roberts, who was a runner-up on The X Factor, says the Duke of Edinburgh made quip at Windsor Castle.

"It's pretty superb. They are normal. The funniest guy I've ever met is the Duke of Edinburgh. I was performing in one of his front rooms and he said: 'What do you think?' I said: 'It's a lovely room; it's a lot smaller than I thought. Because of the sound quality, I didn't want to blast it out.' He said: 'Is it not grand enough for you?'"

Ethiopia, 1965: The Prince Philip gaffe you haven't heard about – Telegraph Blogs

Back in 1965 my father was a journalist following the Royal Family on a tour of east Africa. The Prince, while being shown some Ethiopian art, the sort of thing which to westerners might resemble “primitive” African art (rather than the Orthodox Christian art of which Ethiopia is also famous for),replied that it “looks like the kind of thing my daughter would bring back from her school art lessons”.

Well I am not sure this is witty. I think it is rude to say such thing about what other cultures have produced. :ermm: Espacially if you are a famous person whose ideas appear on media, you shouldn't say whatever comes to your mind. Or else, you would not be different form the teenage guys hanging out and teasing with eachother.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other side, it seems he didn't have an high opinion about the then 15-y-o Princess Anne's artistic skils...

On the other side, it seems he didn't have an high opinion about the then 15-y-o Princess Anne's artistic skils...
Hmm maybe it's because her father is very narrow minded about art. He seems not to have stepped out of European perspective even though he has a lot of opportunities to widen his horizon. :lol: We have a very good saying that best matches this situation, but I can't say it now as I don't prefer to say whatever comes to my mind in public. :D

Does anyone watch 'Mock the Week' on BBC2 and Dave in the UK? Quitten they have a section called 'Newsreel' where Hugh has to do a voiceover of a famous person. Quite oftem it's Prince Philip and those are always hilarious. Here's a link to couple of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o60W286cm-E
YouTube - Mock The Week - The Queen and Prince Philip meet with their guests
YouTube - Mock the Week Newsreel Prince Phillip The Queen

I still kll myself laughing now even though i've seen them tens of times.

C'mon! He's been doing this for years. Who exactly gets upset? How upset do they get? and Who has not invited him back to their country, knowing he's gonna do it?

Back
Top Bottom